Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(17-Apr-2012 at 06:09)
2.08b2 Can't apply settings

I have this problem with my Angel, that it doesnt save the Settings I tried to apply. It gives me no response whether I clicked "OK" or "Apply".. The screen doesnt exit unless I press "Cancel" or the "X" button; afterwards the Settings are not saved.

I tried re-install Angel, restart Angel everytime I tried apply a setting, tried running as admin.. Admittedly there's not much I can do. Also, it's the first Angel I've used since like 5 yrs ago, so I have no idea whether earlier versions have this problem on the same pc.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alfredk Add Alfredk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(18-Apr-2012 at 09:00)

question Re: 2.08b2 Can't apply settings

Try to clear Angel's setting with the /clearreg switch:

Close Angel, click Start > Run, clear the textbox, drag Angel's icon into textbox, add /clearreg at the end (with a space), click OK. For example:

C:\Utopia\Angel\Angel.exe /clearreg

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Apr-2012 at 10:22)
Re: 2.08b2 Can't apply settings

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
Try to clear Angel's setting with the /clearreg switch:

Close Angel, click Start > Run, clear the textbox, drag Angel's icon into textbox, add /clearreg at the end (with a space), click OK. For example:

C:\Utopia\Angel\Angel.exe /clearreg
Thx for the reply, and I gave it a try.. Didnt work. The settings are reset to default, and I can change Angel to "Start when windows starts" and disables the tips of the day, but nothing else =/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alfredk Add Alfredk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(21-Apr-2012 at 01:43)

question Re: 2.08b2 Can't apply settings

Can you please submit a debug report from Angel's About box, and tell me when done?

View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Apr-2012 at 14:52)
Problem solved!

I intended to follow your instructions to send a debug report, but it says "sending failed" so I disabled my firewall to send the debug report (you may find it is fron [email protected]). I restarted angel, and the setting worked! Seems like the firewall is preventing the Angel from making changes to settings as well..

Thx anyways!
Administrator
(23-Apr-2012 at 00:26)

smile Re: 2.08b2 Can't apply settings

Ahh, good to know. Thanks for telling us!
Which firewall are you using?