Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Prior Round 15 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Old FalconsNest
Imported Post
(12-Sep-2001 at 08:53)
Plunder

How to you determine if a plunder attack will be worth it? The best I have been able to grab is only 10% of the GC. I was told that if conditions were correct I could grab up to 1/3 of their GC. What gives?

Is the land ratio important, or is the relative NW more of a driving force?

Just curious, the last time I tried it I lost more value in elites than I got back, kinda bummed about it.
Old Moondancer
Imported Post
(24-Oct-2001 at 11:14)
Re: Plunder

The few times I've plundered stuff I got returns based on relative acreage. I once plundered a guy with 25 acres and a million gc. I got 25000, I think. I plundered someone else who was maybe 110% my size and got around 20 or 25% of his cash.
Old WorldMack
Imported Post
(03-Nov-2001 at 13:29)

Sorry I am new and this is my first week playing, so I was confused as hell when I found this site...lol Ok well anyways what does NW stand for?
(Posted as lord sputtnick)
(04-Nov-2001 at 00:58)

Networth.

It's alright to hate George W. Bush
SM-barkeep, Rest in Peace YYA - Alliance still ruin utopian fun, The god of typos, WARNING!!! Posting at UT makes addictive

View Public Profile Visit Russian Sputnik's homepage Find more posts by Russian Sputnik Add Russian Sputnik to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old ragna16
Imported Post
(05-Nov-2001 at 09:45)

Plunder, Learn, and Missionary when they had it were all pretty weak when you compared it to the gains of TM.
Old Covenant01
Imported Post
(05-Nov-2001 at 14:24)
Plunder

I hit someone 10 acres more than me but 5k less nw. He had 275k gc and i got 96k gc in return.
Old Moondancer
Imported Post
(07-Nov-2001 at 04:12)

It's not too hard to make a decent landgrab with traditional march every 20 hours or so, but if your networth and dpa doesn't keep up with your growth in land, it can be hard to hold on to the extra acreage. Plunder, and Learn give your army something to do while you're building and training troops.
(19-Nov-2001 at 23:28)
I found a guy around my size with about 2.5 mil.

I attacked and got 576k

he had just under 6k runes and i got about 1200

food i forget...

that's 23%... so with that and what else I've read here I guess plunder gives you ~25% of their goodies.

2 ages ago intra-kingom plunder would give you 1/3 solid. And it didn't matter what their size was. Ahhh a good time to be undead in a ghetto!
View Public Profile Find more posts by TokinWhiteGuy Add TokinWhiteGuy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.64
(21-Nov-2001 at 09:03)
It was! *too bad now it isn't*

I host Utopia Angel downloads!
View Public Profile Visit NeoDude's homepage Find more posts by NeoDude Add NeoDude to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as lord sputtnick)
(21-Nov-2001 at 19:22)

Yeah

But it was great for farmers

It's alright to hate George W. Bush
SM-barkeep, Rest in Peace YYA - Alliance still ruin utopian fun, The god of typos, WARNING!!! Posting at UT makes addictive

View Public Profile Visit Russian Sputnik's homepage Find more posts by Russian Sputnik Add Russian Sputnik to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Nov-2001 at 18:33)

question

Hmmm...Do you still get 1/3 for all inter kd attacks?
View Public Profile Find more posts by palmtree Add palmtree to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Runefire)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(24-Nov-2001 at 02:27)

Cant Plunder Intra Kingdom
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Nov-2001 at 14:34)
The most I got is 41% of somebodys GC. He was 131% of my own size.

If somebody is interested I got some statistics from my plunders.

Since I started late thsi round I took a few days for plunders while maintaining barracks and unis.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Diktator Add Diktator to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Dec-2001 at 08:57)
what is the use of other attacks beside traditional march.......if you weigh them out...acres are TONS better then money or food.....which can be given by other kd mates through aid or stolen.......and...you risk being retalled by them and lose acres...which is just stupid...i think mehul should make the gains for plunder .better...like 1/3 of all the opponent money, food AND runes...this would really make ppl opt for plunder....and probably more honor...anyway..either way...i will never use plunder.....it is a useless form of wasting your military
View Public Profile Find more posts by Adrian Ee Add Adrian Ee to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Dec-2001 at 22:52)
exclamation mark

3 ages ago, i have found a target about exactly my size and nw.

The guy had 7 million. i got 4.4 millions. That was best ages...

Code:
<table STYLE="filter:GLOW(color=red, strength=2)">let the FURY invade you</TABLE>

Last edited by furybest, 06-Dec-2001 at 22:53.
View Public Profile Visit furybest's homepage Find more posts by furybest Add furybest to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $12.00
(30-Dec-2001 at 01:13)
Plunder is great, I try to use it every second day, just after my troops get home. It's give me some extra gc, when I have to train my army...

One land grab every second day and a plunder other day is good for any attacker.
View Public Profile Find more posts by mpenne Add mpenne to your Buddy List Reply with Quote