Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(User is Banned)
(03-Nov-2001 at 00:40)
AA Public Relations Department

Hello:

I'm the current head of Public Relations for the AA Alliance. I'm sure you all will have questions or complaints about the alliance at one time or another. Please feel free to post those questions or comments at http://www.immortalone.com . Feel free to drop in and have a look around.
View Public Profile Find more posts by AdmiralS3 Add AdmiralS3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(03-Nov-2001 at 03:18)
Re: AA Public Relations Department

Unfortunatly when I had posted the above the AA forums had gone offline. This is only temporary and we will have them up and running by tommarow. Any one with questions can feel free to message me via ICQ. Please notify me of who you are before you start asking me questions.
View Public Profile Find more posts by AdmiralS3 Add AdmiralS3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Nov-2001 at 14:57)

Hmm

Hey dude add me to your ICQ list, get it from BM

Unless of course that name is different from what you go by

View Public Profile Visit captkrob's homepage Find more posts by captkrob Add captkrob to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(05-Nov-2001 at 14:59)
Re: Hmm

captkrob just click my name its in my profile.

(User is Banned)
(13-Nov-2001 at 17:39)
Re: Hmm

Please note the Forums have been back online for some time now. If you wish to visit or lodge a legitimate complaint about the AA, feel free to visit www.theimortalone.com.

Click the link labled Forums on your left to view our public forums area.
(22-Feb-2002 at 08:47)
AA Public Relations Department (Questions & Complaints will be answered)

If you have any questions or complaints please feel free to post them here. I shall endevor to keep this thread running for your conveince.

Serious posts will be look at and answered in the order they are recieved. Spamming and useless banter such as "AA sucks" will be ignored.

Signature suspended by Brother Green for violating the forum's rules.

Last edited by DarkSkies X, 04-Apr-2002 at 11:28.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Admiral S3 Add Admiral S3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Feb-2002 at 09:10)
Website

Whats you adress?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stofr Add Stofr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Feb-2002 at 10:18)
http://www.immortalone.com/

Click the picture and you will uatomiatically be in the forums.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Admiral S3 Add Admiral S3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(22-Feb-2002 at 11:44)

Are you sure this thread is a good idea?
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(22-Feb-2002 at 12:34)

I think so

Means that I don't need to monitor 5 threads about AA with possibilities of locations, but only one.

please continue this Admiral.

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as M de Vil)
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(22-Feb-2002 at 12:54)

Man, you guys in AA must have hit the rock bottom. Since you need to form Public Relations, it seems you are not doing so well in PR-section among other players. But it happends to alliances that grow too big....

Any way, Watch behavior your members. There's so many gangbaning idiots in your alliance, joined there because you are one of the biggest, feared and hated alliance.

AA really needs monitor its members behavior, since some members think only way getting honour and respect is to gangbang some provinces death... Sad if those province are allready undead...

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(22-Feb-2002 at 14:17)

Aerath, I doubt this will safe you time...I'm sure those threads will still be made
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $20.04
(22-Feb-2002 at 16:13)

do you remember those that you PK? - methos doesnt

Signature suspended by Brother Naz for violating the forum's rules.
View Public Profile Visit Dave of Spam's homepage Find more posts by Dave of Spam Add Dave of Spam to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Feb-2002 at 17:18)

Existance

Here's a couple good questions (In my own opinion at least)

Why do you exist at all? Alliances are against the spirit of the rules for Utopia. Do you feel yourself to be above the rules?

What are your true goals?

Why is pride, rather than honor allowed to rule in your alliance?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nikos Add Nikos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Nicca)
(22-Feb-2002 at 18:39)

I have a question too, but that is not for you Admiral

What is the differense with haveing an alliance with a lot of friends in and calling in other friends that isn't an alliance?

The result is the same I belive.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lady Nicca Add Lady Nicca to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Feb-2002 at 18:41)

Question:

1) Do you have an ethics system, does honor or a code exist in AA?

2) Do you ever take responsibility for member's wrongdoings or just blame it on others?

3) Do you really think ##:## odds is fair and/or goes with the true spirit of the game?

Could it perhaps be that ... "WoD is lame?" <TopwolfUtopia> ... sorry huh?
"WoD is lame?" <TopwolfUtopia>
one more time
"WoD is lame" <TopwolfUtopia>
Thaaaat's right...
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoTaz Add NeoTaz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(22-Feb-2002 at 20:02)

BF

I can dream, can't I ? =]

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Feb-2002 at 20:53)
Why we are the way we are

Quote:
(Originally posted by NeoTaz)

Question:

1) Do you have an ethics system, does honor or a code exist in AA?

2) Do you ever take responsibility for member's wrongdoings or just blame it on others?

3) Do you really think ##:## odds is fair and/or goes with the true spirit of the game?

Yes we have an ethics system for one on one wars. That is to follow the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. We wish our members to be fair in there wars, alas some aren't, but we do not enforce that request. It does sometimes lead the AA into ignoring a request for help.
As for AA declared targets we have no ethics except to kill or get a surrender, war is hell gentlemen and we do fight fair in an alliance war, or against declared targets. It is your fault if you get declared a target, we do not seek out anyone as a target, but many seek out AA kingdoms as targets, and that is where the problem comes in. You are usually larger than the AA kingdom (exceptions noted), you usually want to take advantage, as you heard how bad the AA is so you think it is time to punish it. You are having a good time so you don't want to stop the war, so it last longer than 56 hours or even longer. Tyhe AA monarch will not surrender so, you start threatening to kill the monarch. You found out that the AA kingdom was tougher than you thought, or one of its provinces got a good lick on you and you want revenge so you call in bubba who has 20 to 1 in thieves and GB the province, or kill a province or the monarch. Rape the kingdom of its fame along with a lot of other stuff.

Depends on if said enemy kingdom has proof, that the AA has done wrong, and hearsay and printed words are not proof. As hearsay can be false or true. The printed word here in this medium can be printed to mean anything. We want absolute proof. Anything like a tie and we are going to believe our member, just like you would believe your member. we are saying that we don't do wrong, we are saying that your members are just as bad. The queen of a kingdom stated that I GB'ed her, I know she was GB'ed, but it was not from my kingdom, nor from the AA, it was not a friend. It was someone that wanted to take advantage of the war, hoping they could get in some free hits, without a retal, since most kingdoms want there members to hit inside the war. Now what do you consider a gb, three hits in a war, 4, 5. How about outside a war 5, 6...10, 20. I have been GB'ed many times and I'm taking about a 100 hits or more, that was sometime back when that happened. Now do you all do the same things to Hall, Haj, NI or anyother alliance, probably not, you do it to the AA. How about the offensive alliances, they use many kingdoms on you at once, in a war, that you diod not start, you were just picked out. You did something to get us on your case.

Allinace wars are hell, and almost all of the big alliances will agree with me, but that is the way this game made us. Most of the defensive alliances were made from GB'ers GB'ing us, so a bunch of us got together and formed an alliance to protect our selves from the Gb'ing alliances, GB'ing is a very effective weapon, all alliances us it, and so do many kingdoms not in alliances. Another thing there are also quite a few kingdoms out there that wear the AA tag that are not AA, we do not take responsibility for them, they are your look out, if they are not AA, we will not protect them.

Alliances are not illegal as some state, as a matter opf fact, Mehul had no problem with kingdom based alliances (those alliances that have kingdoms for members, he stated he did not like provincial alliance, because they destroyed the nature of the game, as kingdoms could not count of there members to help them, as they would be helpping there alliance. No Mehul will not delete an alliance member if you report him or her, so don't tell our members that, as they post it in the forums for everyone to laugh at.

We in the AA, are always hearing how a bunch of anti-alliance kingdoms are going to get together and GB alliances, wipe them out and make them fold, lotsa luck, it will never happen. #1 Most of us have allies that we will call in. #2 Most of these groups can't seem to get together enough to stay together to make a good threat, most fold before very long. #3 the AA doesn't usually surrender to anyone, at least 95% won't, we would just come back from another kingdom and province and hammer away at you again, untill you all surrendered or died, we don't scare.

Last but not least, since we are the AA, our ethics is to protect one another, to reside in friendship with one another as brothers and sisters, to help one another with anything that may be helpped. We have a long history and rich one. We the members are proud of our history and ourt alliance, and we are still growing.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Snikja Add Snikja to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Feb-2002 at 22:59)
Black Fighter:
Are you sure this thread is a good idea?

Yes I think its a good idea. It just may save me from having to check several open and existing threads for information that is not even remotely related to the topic it started with.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Grim one de vil:
Man, you guys in AA must have hit the rock bottom. Since you need to form Public Relations, it seems you are not doing so well in PR-section among other players. But it happends to alliances that grow too big....

Any way, Watch behavior your members. There's so many gangbaning idiots in your alliance, joined there because you are one of the biggest, feared and hated alliance.

AA really needs monitor its members behavior, since some members think only way getting honour and respect is to gangbang some provinces death... Sad if those province are allready undead...

Public relations is not about hitting rock bottom. This whole department was my idea. In my opinion it was about time some alliance managed to get one that was designed to give the truth from that alliances piont of view. I spend many long hours researching truthful and honest answers to all of your questions. If you think I am wasting my time or it is a waste of time then don't ask me any questions.

So you want us a mear handful of people to watch each and every person in the AA? Yeah ok that is totally possible. Lets see we would just have to "Promote" 50% of our existing members to the High Council so that every one will have some one watching them. Oh wait hey that won't work cause then who will watch the HC members? Damn I guess we will just have to make a higher rank to watch the HC members. Hmm, But who will watch the new rank? The sugestion is simply ludicris.
1. The chain of command has to stop somewhere.
2. With as large as our membership base is it is simpley not possible to watch every member all the time.
3. Real life does'nt work that way so exactly how is this game going to work that way?

Lastly, in my honest opinion 90% of the time we are perfectly justified and being as reasonable as we possibly can. If you gang-bang us, we will retaliate ten fold. You started we will end it.

(22-Feb-2002 at 23:06)
Re: Existance

Quote:
(Originally posted by Nikos)

Here's a couple good questions (In my own opinion at least)

Why do you exist at all? Alliances are against the spirit of the rules for Utopia. Do you feel yourself to be above the rules?

What are your true goals?

Why is pride, rather than honor allowed to rule in your alliance?
We exist to provide a safe haven for those who wish to have one. That is our primary reason for existing. We are not above the rules. We do not claim to be above the rules. However when someone chooses to bend or break the rules to do damamge to our alliance or our members we will in kind do the same. Action for action is how we work.

Our true goals are to provide a safe haven for those who want one, and to provide training and assitance for our members. It was never the goal of the AA to be the largest or best alliance out there. Simpley to exist to help our members.

Honor actually rules our alliance, contrary to popular belief. Although pride is a large part of us, pride and honor go hand in hand. Those that have dishonored us have felt our pride when we have come to take what they have taken from us.