Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
Old Pinky
Imported Post
(04-Aug-2001 at 15:18)
Self One/Self Two

I saw this posted on the BS, and it actually seemed like something of a good idea, so here goes:

Elves miss out on a lot of good self-spells because of their ability to cast self-spells on others. It's even sort of a disdvantage because they lose out on the cool spells. So the suggestion is:

Give elves two classes of self-spells. Self-1 class spells could be cast on both their province and on any other province within their kingdom. Self-2 spells consist of all spells that Mehul thinks would be too powerful to have for all races, and the elf could only cast them on their own province.
Old Nakor BlueRider
Imported Post
(05-Aug-2001 at 01:53)
Re: Self One/Self Two

Hmm... Not a bad idea. It is true that spells such as Anonymity or Clear Site would be fair for Elves to have, but are too powerful to give to an entire kd.
(05-Aug-2001 at 14:39)

I read that same one also...

Could give Dwarves a run for their money without thier precious NB now! BWAHAHAH!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sovy Kurosei Add Sovy Kurosei to your Buddy List
Old Pinky
Imported Post
(05-Aug-2001 at 15:11)

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? The two responses so far seem to be positive.
Old Aznhalf
Imported Post
(06-Aug-2001 at 00:42)

i think its a fairly good idea. but i would make it a little more complicated and almost everyone would pick the second one cuz they most people look out for themselves.
Old Aznhalf
Imported Post
(06-Aug-2001 at 00:42)

also im assuming that this only affects self spells not offensive spells.
Old Pinky
Imported Post
(06-Aug-2001 at 04:15)
Re: ...

Of course it only applies to sELF spells. This whole thread is about sELF spells.

<h6><font color=red>[Note: Excessive length signature]</font></h6>
Old Aznhalf
Imported Post
(06-Aug-2001 at 04:33)

another concern is that giving elves all the self spells would make faeries weaker becuase its no longer considered an advantage to have acess to the spells
(06-Aug-2001 at 08:35)

Just like Ghost Workers and Halfers... Too bad x.x
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sovy Kurosei Add Sovy Kurosei to your Buddy List
Old Pinky
Imported Post
(06-Aug-2001 at 10:01)

Okay, but the elves wouldn't be getting any new offensive spells, and only a few self.

<h6><font color=red>[Note: Excessive length signature]</font></h6>
Old Aznhalf
Imported Post
(06-Aug-2001 at 11:42)

hmm... maybe its possible, but i still think almost everyone will chose the second option
(06-Aug-2001 at 18:54)

I think Elves should have access to all Offensive spells at least... Like, it isn't exactly going to aid anybody but themselves...
Old sazzan
Imported Post
(07-Aug-2001 at 07:14)

How is it gonna aid themselves? Never heard of an Meteor Shower that gives you acres for example.
Old Nakor BlueRider
Imported Post
(07-Aug-2001 at 08:13)

I thought it would be more like:

Minor Protection *KD*
Fog *KD*
Ghost Workers *SELF*
Fireball

etc. Yes I skipped a few. My point is that a spell would be labelled kd if it was a self spell the elf could cast on others, self if they can only cast it on themselves, and of course offensive spells are left unmarked.

Also, elves should be able to cast all the spells they already have on others. Yes, even nature's blessing.
Old ChainsawBunny
Imported Post
(07-Aug-2001 at 11:02)

hehe, imagine elves casting Bloodlust on other provinces!
(08-Aug-2001 at 02:54)

understood
View Public Profile Find more posts by jhf001 Add jhf001 to your Buddy List
Old Pinky
Imported Post
(08-Aug-2001 at 04:52)

Yes, Jhf, but the idea is that if this were enabled they would have access to some other spells.
Old Pimpin 4 Acres
Imported Post
(08-Aug-2001 at 05:10)

I think its a sweet idea Pinky. I mean, most Elves i know only cast on themselves. When i was elf i was always casting on my kd mates. But i think they deserve all spells, lets face it, a pure mage strategy will never get you as big as an attacker or a thief.

Old Aznhalf
Imported Post
(08-Aug-2001 at 09:43)

with the paradise spell mages can get pretty big if they know what there doing. maybe we should make the choices as follows

Choice One
Normal Spell choices and cast on kd mates

Choice Two
Acess to all offensive spells.
(08-Aug-2001 at 17:36)

Hmm... Then you would be lucky to have any elves who will cast on others. Maybe we should just mark some spells as for Kingdom useage, and you just cast it, and then there is spells for yourself. Access to all offensive spells should be given to Elves I believe... *Sighs at his Drakon race*...
Closed Thread