Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(04-Nov-2004 at 16:14)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Belili)

Actually....Cincinnati had such a law for 12 years. It made it ok to fire someone, kick them out of a resturant, or discriminate in any way simply for being gay.

I volunteered 100 long hours and guess what

We repealed it this election! GO US!

Now as far as this amendment goes - I hope the supreme court will take the conservative buttplug out of their ass and try this case once and for all. I know for sure....there will be many-a-protest here in the future.
Go Belili:
Hoooray!!!
Why don't the rest of you who are whining and crying on this board follow this example and DO something!

But Belili, as the old joke goes, I have some good news and I have some bad news:
The good news (for you) is that the U.S. supreme court will probably deterime these recent state constitutional amendments to be in opposition to the U.S. constitution, and they will be declared invalid. The bad news is; That will lead back to a U.S. constitutional amendment which will most likley be passed and there is no court that can over turn that!

Work like you will live forever and live like you will die tommorrow!
View Public Profile Find more posts by PatrioticSpirit Add PatrioticSpirit to your Buddy List
(04-Nov-2004 at 19:21)
ok.. dont get me wrong i have nothing against gays or fags or anything and i understand theyre people and have rights but theres somethign you all need to know:

what the point of marriying gays... in real life people marry in order to make a family (produce children) gays and lesbians cannot do that... so their marriage is pointless

IF you are saying that guays are supposed to be allowed to have children (by adoption for exemple) then you must be f*cking out of ure minds... Would YOU want to be born in a family where your parentsa re gay? i wouldn't i mean.. its not good for the children they will suffer great psychological problems and most probably turn gay themselves (it has been proven that environment does lead to homosexuality)

just like diabetics cant marry to prevent spreading this genetically transmitted disease further.. so should gays be banned from marrying and adopting and corrupting children... whats the big deal.. not everyone was born to be astronaut they can have all the sex they want but when it comes to hurting and corrupting others (especially if its small innocent children or whole societies)

That's exactly what i've been trying to say.. but does anyone listen?

When hell is full.. the mods will walk the earth
View Public Profile Find more posts by zeroc00l Add zeroc00l to your Buddy List
Donated $3.28
(04-Nov-2004 at 20:04)

okay you say you have nothing against gays... call them homosexuals then... not gays or fags

and the point in marriage is not having children... the point in marriage is different for different people

and the homosexuals want to marry to show their love for eachother just like heterosexuals

so let them, give them the opportunity to do so, if they don't want to they don't have to... but they should have the possibility

I find everyone to be against homosexuals to be very ignorant... and I can be called ignorant for saying this... but homosexualty is not a disease and you shouldn't be worried if a homo couple gets kids they wind up to be homosexuals... cus there is nothing wrong with being homosexual... they are people with feelings too

and yes I find homo couples should be able to adopt, cus I believe they give more love then any parents that divorce

just so you know: my parents are divorced and I love them very much but I do believe that divorce isn't right

~~Tak~~

~~Proud Owner and Admin of Final-Destruction~~
View Public Profile Find more posts by RolandOfGilead Add RolandOfGilead to your Buddy List
(04-Nov-2004 at 20:17)

Quote:
(Originally posted by zeroc00l)
IF you are saying that guays are supposed to be allowed to have children (by adoption for exemple) then you must be f*cking out of ure minds... Would YOU want to be born in a family where your parentsa re gay? i wouldn't i mean.. its not good for the children they will suffer great psychological problems and most probably turn gay themselves (it has been proven that environment does lead to homosexuality)
So outta interest, where do your psychological problems come from? Cos with logic like that, surely theres something wrong. Hmm...maybe one of your parents are homosexual?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Infrit Add Infrit to your Buddy List
Donated $12.00
(04-Nov-2004 at 20:22)

Quote:
(Originally posted by zeroc00l) in real life people marry in order to make a family (produce children) gays and lesbians cannot do that...
Well, that's your first mistake, as that's absolutely wrong. As I said earlier, more and more people marry without intention to have children. They marry because their partner is someone they want to be with, and they want to recognize their relationship.

Quote:
(Originally posted by zeroc00l) Would YOU want to be born in a family where your parentsa re gay?
Having parents that love and look after their children is what's important. There are many heterosexual couples who have trouble with that. Gay couples are equally able to be good parents.

Gay parents are more likely to make someone think they don't have to marry someone of the opposite sex. Yes, sure. I don't see that as a problem.

In today's world where people have bigoted views like yours, I can imagine it would indeed be tough on a child to have gay parents. Much as it could have been/be tough to have parents of different races in some places/times.

Quote:
(Originally posted by zeroc00l) just like diabetics cant marry to prevent spreading this genetically transmitted disease further..
Err. If we needed an indication about your incredible ignorance this cleared it up. I don't know what to correct first.
View Public Profile Find more posts by GryFalcon Add GryFalcon to your Buddy List
(04-Nov-2004 at 21:12)
Quote:
(Originally posted by GryFalcon)

Gay parents are more likely to make someone think they don't have to marry someone of the opposite sex. Yes, sure. I don't see that as a problem.
this is bad enough already... good.. now imagine everyone is thinking that way... congratz.. u just caused the extinction of the human race..

That's exactly what i've been trying to say.. but does anyone listen?

When hell is full.. the mods will walk the earth
View Public Profile Find more posts by zeroc00l Add zeroc00l to your Buddy List
(04-Nov-2004 at 21:47)

Quote:

this is bad enough already... good.. now imagine everyone is thinking that way... congratz.. u just caused the extinction of the human race..
I doubt 100% of humans will somehow all have the urge to only be sexually attracted to their own sex. This is the stupidest argument I have ever heard. Do you think that if you had gay parents you would suddenly have the urge to go make out with guys instead of girls? Holy shit man, get a grip on reality. If anything, children raised by gay parents would be more in touch with their emotions and less likely to become a serial killer (which is more than I can say about your children).

Last edited by cdndude83, 04-Nov-2004 at 21:48.
View Public Profile Find more posts by cdndude83 Add cdndude83 to your Buddy List
Donated $0.56
(04-Nov-2004 at 22:24)

Quote:
There was so much wrong with this entire post, and most of it has been picked on for being entirely baseless and stupid. Just want to also point out that your statement about psychological problems is entirely baseless. Saying that gay parents will lead to gay children is pretty ignorant too - how is it that heterosexual parents don't always produce heterosexual children?

There's an environment outside the home as well.

Please stop trying to justify bigotry.

"We're all just a part of someone else's muesli"
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject
"I just figured it was some nasty form of chance - y'know, God rolled a six and here we are"
Do YOU #tft?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thack Add Thack to your Buddy List
(04-Nov-2004 at 23:35)
If the republicans can get you to go out and beat up all the fags you might forget that you are poor, have no education, no future, and are warring for oil. It is horrible that in "the land of the free" not only are we not teaching tolerance but we encourage bigotry and bias. The Vice President's own daughter is a lesbian and yet he won't stand up for her rights. Why would anybody "choose" to be subjected to what society says here in America. When it comes to American thinking on homosexuality I am embarrassed to be an American. We need more love not more hate.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Serengo Add Serengo to your Buddy List
(05-Nov-2004 at 00:20)

I'm tired of the "psychological problems" arguement. What about heterosexual marriages where the guy gets drunk and comes home to beat the hell out of his wife? You can't always choose the circumstances of a childs upbringing. Just suck it up and deal with the fact that gays have every right to have children and raise them lovingly.

I'd much rather have two gay parents who raise me with good moral values like kindness, honesty, responsiblity and tolerance rather than the wife beating scenario.

p.s. Utah sucks, I feel like I'm the only person here to vote against the gay marriage ban they had.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Last edited by MAPS, 05-Nov-2004 at 00:21.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List
Donated $2.08
(05-Nov-2004 at 05:36)

Today on my local newspaper, I read an interesting quote by Jack Layton (leader of the NDP, canadian political party that would be a bit further left than the Liberals). He said that in Canada, we never put issues concerning human rights on a referendum because then minority goups would be pushed aside, and their rights ignored.

Comments?

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List
(05-Nov-2004 at 06:28)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Stewie)

Today on my local newspaper, I read an interesting quote by Jack Layton (leader of the NDP, canadian political party that would be a bit further left than the Liberals). He said that in Canada, we never put issues concerning human rights on a referendum because then minority goups would be pushed aside, and their rights ignored.

Comments?
I think we in the US are proving him right ... Beyond that, there is not necessarily protection to be found in the courts, either. Remember Antonin Scalia's comments at Harvard University? Basically, that issues like gay marriage should not be judged within the strict confines of the law but should also take into account popular opinion ... this from a supreme court justice?
View Public Profile Find more posts by prolix Add prolix to your Buddy List
(User is Banned)
(05-Nov-2004 at 06:30)
I see time and time again the old arguement that gays should be able to get married/have kids because straight people who bash their kids are allowed to get married/have kids.

If you want to argue this then you have to accept that in almost 100% of these situations the children suffer whether mentally or physically, and if discovered by relevant authorities most of these children are taken away from their parents. So using the straight bashed child example is wearing incredibly thin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by none Add none to your Buddy List
(05-Nov-2004 at 06:40)

Quote:
(Originally posted by none)

I see time and time again the old arguement that gays should be able to get married/have kids because straight people who bash their kids are allowed to get married/have kids.

If you want to argue this then you have to accept that in almost 100% of these situations the children suffer whether mentally or physically, and if discovered by relevant authorities most of these children are taken away from their parents. So using the straight bashed child example is wearing incredibly thin.
If you want a different argument, how about these? Which has a greater negative impact on a child, having gay parents or:

1) White supremacist (or any sort of extremist) parents
2) Divorced parents
3) Extremely poor parents
4) Being raised in an orphanage/foster home
5) Straight parents

Kind of tough to put a quantitative value on such things, isn't it? Nice to know you're willing to try it, though.

Last edited by prolix, 05-Nov-2004 at 06:49.
View Public Profile Find more posts by prolix Add prolix to your Buddy List
(User is Banned)
(05-Nov-2004 at 07:07)
Which has a greater negative impact on a child, having gay parents or:

1) Gay White supremacist (or any sort of extremist) parents
2) Gay Divorced parents
3) Extremely poor Gay parents
4) Being raised in a Gay orphanage/foster home
5) Straight parents

Two wrongs dont make a right!
(05-Nov-2004 at 08:06)
Quote:
(Originally posted by SniperWolf)

To discount Marduk:

In Oregon Measure 36 passed 56 to 43 last I checked, yet Kerry won Oregon by 57 to 41.

I think its a good thing till we get an all out ban on it in the constitution. Gays want rights for hospital visits, pensions, and the like, give it to them. I dont care about the life style so much, just dont call it Marriage.
Your not discounting anything. In Florida the minimum wage law passed, yet Bush won the states. These amendments are used to get people to the polls, there is no telling how they will vote on other issues however.

Signature suspended by Valek for violating the forum's rules. Size does matter...too big.

Your hardly the first person to say that to me. First guy true but hardly the first
View Public Profile Find more posts by puzzle Add puzzle to your Buddy List
(05-Nov-2004 at 08:22)
Quote:
ok.. dont get me wrong i have nothing against gays or fags or anything and i understand theyre people and have rights but theres somethign you all need to know:
Oh what do you have to tell us oh wise user of terrible grammar and context...

Quote:
what the point of marriying gays... in real life people marry in order to make a family (produce children) gays and lesbians cannot do that... so their marriage is pointless
As said before, marriage is not about children, it is about money and controlling your assets. They too might be interested in this, as i'm pretty sure homosexuals use money.

Quote:
No it hasn't.

Quote:
just like diabetics cant marry to prevent spreading this genetically transmitted disease further.. so should gays be banned from marrying and adopting and corrupting children... whats the big deal.. not everyone was born to be astronaut
This is wrong on so many levels.... First of all, my Dad has diabetes you *****, he most certaintly can and did marry. Second, what the flying fuck does being an astronaut have to do with homosexuality? You can't be an astronaut if your not smart enough, or your body is unsuitable, this has nothing to do with anything.

Quote:
they can have all the sex they want but when it comes to hurting and corrupting others (especially if its small innocent children or whole societies)
Oh thank you gracious one for granting them the right to have sex, maybe next you will say they can come out in public without wearing the mark of shame.

A few points here to add onto the end. Pedophilia is a predominatly heterosexual trait. Ie: Most Pedophiles, "both boy and girl lovers," are heterosexual. Perhaps we should make heterosexuality illegal as it can lead to pedophilia, "which is most certainly far more detrimental to children than homosexuality."? Second, it is hard to believe that whole disclaimer you have about having no problem with homosexuals, considering you just referred to them as a coruption. Finally, learn to actually research the rediculous garbage you spout. Diabetics unable to marry indeed! Even people with aids can marry, though i think there are laws in some states concerning child birth for those with such detrimental diseases.

Signature suspended by Valek for violating the forum's rules. Size does matter...too big.

Your hardly the first person to say that to me. First guy true but hardly the first

Last edited by puzzle, 05-Nov-2004 at 08:28.
View Public Profile Find more posts by puzzle Add puzzle to your Buddy List
(User is Banned)
(05-Nov-2004 at 11:14)
Quote:
A few points here to add onto the end. Pedophilia is a predominatly heterosexual trait. Ie: Most Pedophiles, "both boy and girl lovers," are heterosexual. Perhaps we should make heterosexuality illegal as it can lead to pedophilia, "which is most certainly far more detrimental to children than homosexuality."?
What a load of crack!!
Where on earth did you get this statistic.... And by the way... you should check the % of straight people who commit paedophilia and check it against the % of gays who are also paedophiles.

Unless you think that "Straight" men molest little boys!
Hardly a possibility as the act in itself is a HOMO-sexual act. When people have a problem with their sexual identity it stands to reason that they will be more liberal in the use of it.... "Straight people" Know what to do with their Bits.

And Paedophiles are put in jail and usually killed by other prisoners if discovered. Funny how you people pick such disgraceful portions of society to compare yourselves to, when you want something. Look paedophiles can do it so why cant we!!.... really not a good way of getting your point across.

You fail to realise that the vast Majority of people look between their legs and know what its for and what its capable of..... And when they goto the toilet they know that that bit is where things come out.... not go in!
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.04
(05-Nov-2004 at 11:22)
Quote:
(Originally posted by none)

What a load of crack!!
Where on earth did you get this statistic.... And by the way... you should check the % of straight people who commit paedophilia and check it against the % of gays who are also paedophiles.

Quote:
In all jurisdictions (except the ACT) girls were approximately three times more likely than boys to be the subject of a substantiation of sexual abuse.
Never let the facts get in the way of one of your ignorant hateful rants, huh, none?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kazac Add Kazac to your Buddy List
(User is Banned)
(05-Nov-2004 at 11:34)
Quote:
In contrast, a relatively low percentage of the children resided in two-parent intact families.
This is also from the site you quote to support your lies...

Firstly, I double-read the page and no-where does it say that straight people are more likely to commit paedophilia, in fact, if you look at the previous Quote that comes from your source it actually says that children in straight married relationships are a disproportionately low % of the children who are abused...

Now.. lets try to get those FACTS right shall we!
Closed Thread