Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Round 29-35 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(14-Jul-2005 at 01:11)
Ambush Calculator

Had a request for a updated version of my ambush calculator.. So thought I'd post it here as well.. I haven't tested it w/ the new age on wol/bf yet, but will soon (It may work already).. You can also paste a SOM directly into the ambush calculator..

Download Ambush Calculator
View Public Profile Find more posts by zim312 Add zim312 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jul-2005 at 15:37)
Ambush Calculator

New version, fixes a bug w/ importing a SOM to ambush an Avian.. SOM's are very inaccurate, so always double check your intel before you attack.

View Public Profile Find more posts by zim312 Add zim312 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Aug-2005 at 09:15)

is that an accurate versions for this age? Then in that case Im going to test it out
View Public Profile Visit BeterKomJeNiet's homepage Find more posts by BeterKomJeNiet Add BeterKomJeNiet to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Dec-2005 at 19:55)
Re: Ambush Calculator

Both versions have one problem I see.

Halfer elites are 5/4's Not 4/4's in the ambush Calc.

Also it would be great if you could add a way to adjust each races soldier/spec/elite numbers so each age a player could make the changes themselfs without you having to go back and redo the calc every age.

Otherwise great job and I look forward to the update.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Evanesce Add Evanesce to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jan-2006 at 17:13)
Something is rong!

i downloaded the utility and i don't understand how you calculate the defence of the one you want to ambush...

let see... i want to ambush an undead who have sent(and survive) 5k gouls...this means 5k*2(goul raw defense)=10k(raw defense)*0.8=8k(raw defense)...your calculator give me 12k(raw defence)...i don't understand why!
View Public Profile Find more posts by rajatoma Add rajatoma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jan-2006 at 17:17)
i just understanded...you're not updated the gouls stats (6/2)...in your utility they have 6/3 stats.. everything else is just cool..nice work!
View Public Profile Find more posts by rajatoma Add rajatoma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Feb-2006 at 11:54)
I guess you could add a max war horses limit like Angel have, since you can't send more horses than offensive units.
View Public Profile Visit AcidForest's homepage Find more posts by AcidForest Add AcidForest to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Mar-2006 at 15:39)
Is the ambush formula changed to this age?? ive seen alot more bounces on it this age for example can you only do one ambush? and also how is the numbers changed?
View Public Profile Find more posts by DanneCSB Add DanneCSB to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2006 at 15:35)
I just get a errormsg:

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

diamonds are a girls best friend
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stella J Add Stella J to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jul-2006 at 23:10)
Calculator

Just an alternative to zim's calc.

http://www.arrez.dk/Ambush/Ambush/AmbushCalculator.aspx

Feel free to contact me if you find any bugs.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Arrezz Add Arrezz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Jul-2006 at 17:04)
Re: Calculator

Yeah, you might want to make undead leets default 8/2 and not 2/8.
View Public Profile Find more posts by darkko Add darkko to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Jul-2006 at 21:24)
Re: Calculator

Originally Posted by darkko:
Yeah, you might want to make undead leets default 8/2 and not 2/8.
ye noticed that earliere today, avian elites was also switched, fixed both.
Thanks for pointing it out though
View Public Profile Find more posts by Arrezz Add Arrezz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Aug-2006 at 22:08)
New Version

New version.. 8/29/2006
Should support all the new values/etc.. Lemme know if i've missed something

(26-Oct-2006 at 18:32)
Why don't you allow a place to include soldiers of the "ambushee"?
View Public Profile Find more posts by xrestassuredx Add xrestassuredx to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.24
(27-Oct-2006 at 16:51)

Re: Ambush Calculator

Originally Posted by xrestassuredx: View Post
Why don't you allow a place to include soldiers of the "ambushee"?
Just take one point for every soldier and then divide the total by 5 and input it back into the ambush calc (ie; 5,000 / 5 = 1,000, add 1,000 off specs into the calculator) by adding more off specs into the ambush calc and continue like normal. That should work.

ie;
If they have;
-500 soldiers
-1000 off specs
-2000 elites

all you have to do is calculate it with;
-1100 off specs
-2000 elites

caution: this post may appear more intelligent and insightful than it actually is
all posts made by the above person should be considered a direct insult to your intelligence
if you don't like what we tell you to believe in, we'll kill you - President George Bush

Last edited by Duo Maxwell, 27-Oct-2006 at 16:56.
View Public Profile Visit Duo Maxwell's homepage Find more posts by Duo Maxwell Add Duo Maxwell to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old SLG
(25-Dec-2006 at 11:39)

Didn't want to start a new thread, but wanted to add also.
Another ambush calculator alternative:

Click here to download
View Public Profile Find more posts by SLG Add SLG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote