Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $4.00
(07-Feb-2006 at 03:34)

Order Free Copy of the Holy Quran

http://freequran.org

This site will ship you a Quran for free (USA) in Russian, Spanish, French or English. I just recently got mine in the mail. It's only proving about as difficult to read as is the Bible.

I just thought some of you might be interested.
View Public Profile Visit tlhInganHom's homepage Find more posts by tlhInganHom Add tlhInganHom to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2006 at 04:58)

I ordered one.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Condemned)
(07-Feb-2006 at 05:17)

No fair, they only ship free within the USA.

Muslims are ALWAYS favouring America over Canada. They call you 'great satan' and we are called 'little satan'. I demand we be elevated in status to 'great satan' or at least 'average satan'. I mean, we Canadians can be just as depraved as any American.

This too will pass
View Public Profile Find more posts by Samurai Pooh Add Samurai Pooh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2006 at 06:49)
intersting..ordered one myself so i could read it
View Public Profile Find more posts by tylerrrrr Add tylerrrrr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2006 at 12:54)

I ordered a copy in Spanish. I already have a copy in English, so I might as well, y'know.

And Condemned, that's because US > Canadia. Ask president Bush, he'll tell you all about it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Falis4)
(07-Feb-2006 at 12:59)

Quote:
This site will ship you a Quran for free (USA) in Russian, Spanish, French or English. I just recently got mine in the mail. It's only proving about as difficult to read as is the Bible.
Read it from the the opposite way. From the end to the beginning. The last suras are the smaller ones which were revelated in the Mekkan time. These are the smaller one and deal with primary questions like what God is (Sura Ikhlas) The beginning suras deal with questions how muslims should share in an inheritance and such.

[Holy Qur'an (Surah Al-Furqan; the Criterion]
Blessed is He who sent down the criterion to His servant, that it may be an admonition to all creatures (25:1)
But the misbelievers say: "Naught is this but a lie which he has forged [...] (25:4)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Armitage Add Armitage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $12.00
(07-Feb-2006 at 16:34)

Free Koran Audiobook!

Just to follow up on this great thread IŽd like to inform everyone that you can get a FREE Koran Audiobook online.

Free Koran Audiobook

You can download it for free in low quality, its bareable. You can also pay to get it in higher quality. I have tried with some other books, there is really a diffrence.

The files are one by one so I recommend a downloadmanager such as GetRight or something similar.

-------------------------------
Lets face it - Im Evil
View Public Profile Find more posts by Moonbow Add Moonbow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(07-Feb-2006 at 22:15)

No shipping to Finland so I think I'll pass this one, though it would have been intresting experience...

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Falis4)
(08-Feb-2006 at 01:13)

Re: Order Free Copy of the Holy Quran

Originally Posted by Lord Menchalior:
No shipping to Finland so I think I'll pass this one, though it would have been intresting experience...
Maybe here?

Free Quran for Non-Muslims living in the West

Or here: http://www.freekoran.com/

The interest for Islam and the Quran in the West is increasing dispite or because 9/11.

US citizens snap up free Korans

[Holy Qur'an (Surah Al-Furqan; the Criterion]
Blessed is He who sent down the criterion to His servant, that it may be an admonition to all creatures (25:1)
But the misbelievers say: "Naught is this but a lie which he has forged [...] (25:4)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Armitage Add Armitage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Feb-2006 at 03:05)

Originally Posted by falis4:
The interest for Islam and the Quran in the West is increasing dispite or because 9/11.
Defintely because, I know I got a copy and read it after 9/11 out of curiosity. If I didn't already own one I might order a copy.

R.I.P. Kirby Puckett 1960-2006, a true champion and credit to his team and community.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir Agaratar Add Sir Agaratar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Feb-2006 at 23:07)

Why not just read one of the free online copies of the Koran?

http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Feb-2006 at 23:13)

Originally Posted by Royal Assassin3:

Reading a book's a far more... tangible activity. Plus, holy books aren't exactly generally had for the sake of regularly reading, they're more for looking at when they're on your bookcase.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.00
(16-Feb-2006 at 06:29)

Originally Posted by Royal Assassin3:

'Cause a book is nice to read on the bus or at the park or between classes or...

View Public Profile Visit tlhInganHom's homepage Find more posts by tlhInganHom Add tlhInganHom to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(26-Feb-2006 at 21:20)
Those who ordered it should be at least half way through by now hows it going?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Balfron Add Balfron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Feb-2006 at 21:32)

I received confirmation of mine a few days ago, but still no book.
Donated $4.00
(26-Feb-2006 at 22:17)

Mine only took about a week to come. Maybe they're just overrun with requests or something? Couldn't tell you.
(26-Feb-2006 at 22:18)

Originally Posted by tlhInganHom:
Mine only took about a week to come. Maybe they're just overrun with requests or something? Couldn't tell you.
Mine was a Spanish copy as well, that might have something to do with the increased delay.
(Posted as Condemned)
(28-Feb-2006 at 00:55)

Could someone order an extra copy and send it to me? Pleeease?

No anthrax this time btw

Bah, its probably in the public library anyway

This too will pass
View Public Profile Find more posts by Samurai Pooh Add Samurai Pooh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Mar-2006 at 01:30)
So where is it located that all jews are evil and such? OBL says it all the time I would like to read it
View Public Profile Find more posts by tylerrrrr Add tylerrrrr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Mar-2006 at 03:20)

Originally Posted by tylerrrrr:
So where is it located that all jews are evil and such? OBL says it all the time I would like to read it
I'm not so sure it explicitly says that, although a family of Jews ruled Medina before Muhammad came and killed them all, so I suppose there's that. Still, Jews are one of the people of the book, and Sephardic Judaism is actually Judaism that flourished under Islamic rule, so I don't think Islam's explicitly anti-semitic. That's just more the Palestineans.