Utopia Temple Forums

Utopia Temple Forums (https://forums.utopiatemple.com/index.php)
-   Polls Heaven (https://forums.utopiatemple.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Has OMAC saved Utopia? (https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=76798)

Bierkrug 16-Oct-2008 22:50

Has OMAC saved Utopia?

The question is simple.

Has OMAC saved Utopia?

Bierkrug 16-Oct-2008 22:54

I think OMAC slowed the death down an age or so but it will still end soon.

Greeney 16-Oct-2008 23:54

No, but I wouldn't have expected them to do so in three months.
I feel they are more capable of resurrecting it than Mehul would have been.

advocatus 17-Oct-2008 00:17

OMAC had the advantage of a clean slate and 3 think they didn't use that advantage very well. They just made changes on whimes and started to mess around with the rules. They have the potential to change things around still, but they really need to change their actions.

As someone said to me, they can't begin to draw in new people until they figure everything out internally, so they really need to get a move on with that.

Bierkrug 17-Oct-2008 06:30

I think we need to compare the numbers of players still here after the neet age to see the if the trend is still the same or not.

Since I don' t play Utopia right now all I can say that UT is feeling the pain. This place is empty.

Adderla 18-Oct-2008 00:24

I guess by "saving" though, we need to think about "maintaining Utopia as a profit-generating business" - which presumably has always been the case or else Mehul would have jacked it in ages ago.

OMAC's view of saving Utopia is, I imagine, preserving the revenue stream and not necessarily the player-base. Although there is obviously some overlap.

VaX 20-Oct-2008 08:23

I think the good old days of Utopia and our over 100 000 players are gone. But I think this will help bring life back into Utopia, at least long enough to get a few more years out of the game.

It is sad, I started in age two and seen the game at its peak and it is truly sad to say those days are gone.

ExDad 27-Oct-2008 12:58

I sincerely doubt it.

I played from 2001 to end 2006, but afther that the decline just kicked in.
Been a while since I was here, even forgot my acc info on UT :\

made 2 more accounts aftherthat but quit before i was out of prot 0o...

Its to small nowadays, and they messed it up with all the changes to the orginal races imo

Ainumahtar 27-Oct-2008 13:42

Re: Has OMAC saved Utopia?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldarad (Post 1654340)
I guess by "saving" though, we need to think about "maintaining Utopia as a profit-generating business" - which presumably has always been the case or else Mehul would have jacked it in ages ago.

OMAC's view of saving Utopia is, I imagine, preserving the revenue stream and not necessarily the player-base. Although there is obviously some overlap.

QFT

Karupt 02-Nov-2008 11:01

what is this omac thing?

morticianjohn 08-Jan-2009 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaX (Post 1654611)
I think the good old days of Utopia and our over 100 000 players are gone. But I think this will help bring life back into Utopia, at least long enough to get a few more years out of the game.

It is sad, I started in age two and seen the game at its peak and it is truly sad to say those days are gone.

it was only ever that large with multi's

Bierkrug 09-Jan-2009 06:13

Well this is only part ture as look at all the poelpe who don't play anymore or the numbers of poeple here. Look at the numbers of the most poeple on UT at once in 2003 over 1000 there might be 300 total active folks here now. There was about 10000 then.

Bierkrug 14-Mar-2009 18:02

Interesting to see what people think now?

ShadowMachine 18-Apr-2009 05:36

Honestly, I quit a while ago. When I heard OMAC was involved I tried again.

I don't think they've spiced it up enough. It doesn't seem like anything is going to revive this old game to its former glory.

It's probably best to just let the sleeping dog lie. Don't drag it out anymore.

HarleyQuinnROX 11-Jun-2009 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by morticianjohn (Post 1663103)
it was only ever that large with multi's

again the weird multi thing ....... being an active alliance member and in the past being very active in the social aspect of utopia I've come across thousands of people from around the globe ..... where they all multi's

Just too fucking weird.

Anyhow originally I thought with the ability to have easier net access with mobile phones and the new features ( trading and such ) added by OMAC that they might give utopia a second life.

But their stunning incompetence is killing it faster then moofool ever did.