Utopia Temple Forums

Utopia Temple Forums (https://forums.utopiatemple.com/index.php)
-   Alliances Discussions (https://forums.utopiatemple.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alliances lol (https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=79510)

Chromemagnonman 15-Jan-2019 07:47

Alliances lol

Absolom was the monster that lasted amongst alliances, HaJ faded long before. I ponder who is left playing as I read names of posters within. How I wonder what became as I realize I have most on msn and a few more on FB.

Interesting seeing here a catalog of aspirations and friendships. How a game did so much for the beginning of social media is awesome.

Mercyful Fate 19-Jan-2019 07:06

Some of us still check in from time to time; even if we don't play anymore.

I was reminiscing with a few old Utopian/RK players about the old days of MMOs before the pleb masses took over the Internet and gaming went to mobile, P2W hell.

And the communities were less toxic too. Or, perhaps it's my old age.

Then again, some of us are 15 anymore and may have wised up a bit.

bobalot 21-Jan-2019 11:36

Re: Alliances lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercyful Fate (Post 1702482)

I was reminiscing with a few old Utopian/RK players about the old days of MMOs before the pleb masses took over the Internet and gaming went to mobile, P2W hell.

It certainly has become very toxic.

4Chan used to be a place where the various degenerates of the internet ended up.

Now it influences US presidential elections.

Blade Warrior 10-May-2019 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercyful Fate (Post 1702482)

Some of us have not wised up enough, say hi to Bud for me next time you speak to him MF.

Blade.

HarleyQuinnROX 09-Jun-2019 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromemagnonman (Post 1702481)
Absolom was the monster that lasted amongst alliances, HaJ faded long before. I ponder who is left playing as I read names of posters within. How I wonder what became as I realize I have most on msn and a few more on FB.

Interesting seeing here a catalog of aspirations and friendships. How a game did so much for the beginning of social media is awesome.

I scroll thru the main forums every now and then recognise one or two names but think there is no one left who I played with, 20 years ago this game opened my eyes to the world and I will always be thank full for that and the sleepless nights driven by the alliance world was brilliant.
To bad this game never took to social media when it erupted it could have become an absolute monster.

Mercyful Fate 26-Jun-2019 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade Warrior (Post 1702489)
Some of us have not wised up enough, say hi to Bud for me next time you speak to him MF.

Blade.

Hey Blade,

Bud hasn't been doing too well lately and I know he will love the "Hi" from you.

How has life been treating you?

I am hoping to speak from him this week.

//MF