Utopia Temple Forums

Utopia Temple Forums (https://forums.utopiatemple.com/index.php)
-   Polls Heaven (https://forums.utopiatemple.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "The best things in life are free" (https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=54494)

Dead Canaanite 04-Sep-2004 01:44

"The best things in life are free"

Yes, no, or maybe. And why.

Saint Sinner 04-Sep-2004 02:03

Nothing in life is free.
Everything has a price of some sort even if you don't pay for it right away.

D3m0 04-Sep-2004 02:04

Nope ! What would that be ? Orgasm ? Hell no imagine how u would feel buying a ford Gt40 or Bugatti Veyron or a Koeningsegg and drive the car really fast ! That would be the best thing in life ! Free ? Absolutely NOT !

PaladinOfLight 04-Sep-2004 02:10

Everything costs something. Time...money...committment...etc.

The best things in life cost the most.

Doesn't always have to be money.

-R

MAPS 04-Sep-2004 03:02

Unless you pay for a hooker to get it...yes

Valek 04-Sep-2004 05:00

Quote:

(Originally posted by Saint Sinner)

Nothing in life is free.
Everything has a price of some sort even if you don't pay for it right away.
I agree, even if you don't know it yet or may not know you pay a price for everything. Time, money, health, opportunity...and it goes on and on.

VantagePoint 04-Sep-2004 05:36

Uncertain because as stated earlier everything in life has a cost...

generally the things that don't cost much money but just cost a lot of time are the better ones (ie going down to the park and playing soccer with your friends)

Royal Assassin3 04-Sep-2004 06:35

Yes, for one without the free commodity of air, I wouldn't be able to experience any other commodity. What you have for free gives you the base with which to attain that which is not free.

shesaid 04-Sep-2004 07:03

i guess it depends on what you think the best things in life are..you could say life itself, but giving birth is really expensive

utopia and ut are free.. you have to have access to a computer to take advantage of them..there are ways to do that for free..just that most people already paid for computers :-)

laughing at/with my friends
is free
and nothing beats it

sex is free. unless you hire someone

probalr8 04-Sep-2004 07:26

i wanna change mine, but i voted no

i should have said uncertain, cause material things that r free, r crap

but everything thats centimental is free, and is the best stuff in the world

Grashnak 04-Sep-2004 09:09

Depends what you mean by 'free' if you are purely talking fiscally then I would say yes - love. The love I give to my wife & recieve back are totally unconditional & cost nothing.

If you include time & effort e.t.c. - then no - as Saint Sinner said nothing is free - even breathing air requires a little effort.

Tack 05-Sep-2004 00:06

Nah, almost nothing in this life is free anymore. You can't really do anything without dropping a bit of cash. Even spending time with one you love costs.

Flosi 06-Sep-2004 04:04

Is it free? no, for everything that is done has a monetary value nowadays, and at some point that will interact with what you do.

For love I will glady give my time, and effort, and expect nothing in return, for that is what love is. What I do for somebody that I love I do for free because I do not want a reaction to it, any reciprocation is welcome but not needed. It is not what it costs me that I view it by, but what happens in return. If you act without wanting reward then you are giving something for free, in my opinion.

Even telling a joke to make someone smile takes your time up, it only costs you something if you value the time over the smile.

Ens 06-Sep-2004 05:05

Flosi,

Seriously, no jokes, that was beautiful. I agree.

arSinner 06-Sep-2004 13:26

not true, it will cost ya a shit load of money to have a good time with your friends

Lord Menchalior 06-Sep-2004 19:10

Yes, a good word, a smile and compliment.. all free and are best things in the world...

HD3 07-Sep-2004 01:43

Quote:

(Originally posted by D3m0)

Nope ! What would that be ? Orgasm ? Hell no imagine how u would feel buying a ford Gt40 or Bugatti Veyron or a Koeningsegg and drive the car really fast ! That would be the best thing in life ! Free ? Absolutely NOT !
Koenigsegg's are my favourite car... :lol So I can guess you can say the best things in life aren't free. :-)

pollaroid 07-Sep-2004 03:10

cant really be sure about that...sometimes yes..sometimes no.. :(

Wavelength 07-Sep-2004 07:42

The best things in life, at any rate, don't cost any currency. Not being one to split hairs, I believe the best things are free... emotional things (love, friendship) as well as physical ones (sleep, natural highs).

hartt 07-Sep-2004 08:26

you want something, you must go get it.
if you like a girl, you must do something, or else you'll never get her love.

so, nothing is free in this world.
to get the best things, we need to persevere and have the courage to try!