Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(31-Mar-2006 at 02:43)

I ask that you do not make comments in this thread. Only Q & A and corrections may be added to this thread. And please do not add a Q & A with out making sure the information is accurate first. If you find information that is wrong, please point it out so we can correct it. And if you have a question that you think is common feal free to ask. (Last Updated: Age 31)

Credits: Pip Squeek, Odd Faery(Swirve boards), Utopian Devil, soah. Skrez, Pint Size, BeyondTolaria, NeoDeGenero. Lucan, Mage UnderFire and Rexregum for their contributions.

Please, Read the Guide and FAQ TWICE before asking Questions.

List of Categories:
1. General
2. Monarch, Page and Voting
3. Wizards/Magic Ops
4. Thieves/Thieve Ops
5. Attacking/Military
6. Stances
7. Race/Personality
8. Relations
9. Dragons
10. Trade Balance
11. Vacation Mode
12. Kingdom Banners
13. Income
14. The Plague
15. IRC
16. New Age
17. Other
18: NW Values

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 09-Mar-2007 at 16:29.
View Public Profile Visit Zequovixway's homepage Find more posts by Zequovixway Add Zequovixway to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(31-Mar-2006 at 02:45)

***General*** (Top)

Q. I have been deleted, how can I contact Swirve to get my province back?
A. [email protected] and remember to include the particular game you are referring to (ex, Utopia World of Legends) and any relevant account information -- including your User name, password and Activation Code -- which might be helpful in an investigation. Warning: Do not send an e-mail for someone else.

Q. Why is Behead Advisor in the game if it doesn’t do anything?
A. Behead Advisor is the game mainly for amusement and as a stress relief technique. So the next time you get mad while playing the game try to use it and see how it works.

Q. What is a rainbow build Strat?
A. It is a strategy where you have a few of each building. Basically it is one of the worst building strategies you can have.

Q. How long are the ages?
A. The average age ranges between: 11 - 14 week (10 - 13 Years Utopia Time)

Q. Why does it say I can't get in my kingdom forums?
A. Depending on the situation, you can usually just wait 5 min, but if that doesn't work you will need to clear your cookies, check browser security settings, delete your temporary internet files, and/or exit out of your browser and try logging in again. Having done that, if you have a problem try rebooting your computer and try accessing your kingdom forums after that.
Also, generally this only comes up in 3 circumstances.
1: more than one account is being played from your computer,
2: somebody changed the monarchy or page to or from you.
3: You have an old cookie, witch usually happens if you login on the 24th and now it is the first of the next month.

Last edited by Hawkeyekid, 02-Feb-2007 at 07:38.
View Public Profile Visit Zequovixway's homepage Find more posts by Zequovixway Add Zequovixway to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(31-Mar-2006 at 02:54)

***Monarch, Page and Voting*** (Top)

Q. What is a monarch?
A. The KD leader that moderates and organizes the kingdom forum, Facilitates war chats, Acts as diplomat to other kingdoms. Basically the leader of the Kingdom.

Q. What can a Monarch do?
Change the banner/KD name and monarch message, select who is page, Start/cancel a dragon, End War, Propose and accept a Cease Fire, delete posts/threads and add stickies to threads in the forum.

Q. What is a Kingdom Page?
A. The page is a province a pointed by the monarch of the KD, they are allowed to delete posts/threads and add stickies to threads in the forum to help to keep it clean.

Q. How do I designate someone in my KD to be the page?
A. Go to the politics page, than use the drop down box to select the person you want, than click "make the changes"

Q. How do I vote for a monarch?
A. Go to the politics section, Select the name you want out of a drop down box. Than click the Vote button.

Q. How many votes do I get?
A. Everyone starts with and keeps a min. of one vote.

Q. Why do some people have more than 1 vote?
A. You get an extra vote for each honor level you are above knight

Q. Why does a lord in my kingdom have 3 votes?
A. He is a War Hero and War Heroes get plus 50% to their honor bonuses

Q. What is the maximum number of votes one player can have?
A. You can have a max of 10 votes.

Q. What bonuses does a Monarch receive?
A. 10% increase in income, food and rune production
During Hostile/War: 10% Increase in military, magic and thievery effectiveness when defending.

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 14-Sep-2007 at 05:00.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Apr-2006 at 01:02)

***Wizards/Magic Ops*** (Top)

Q. Why isn't mind focus working?
A. Mind focus boosts science points as they arrive when researched, not during production. Casting it has no immediate, visible impact. Arriving points are boosted by +10% for the duration of the mind focus spell.

Q. Why doesn't builder's boon work?
A. After you cast it, your build time will be reduced. The figure usually quoted is 10%, although some people have complained of it having no effect with build times of around 10 hours. Also, you have to build AFTER you cast the spell to have any effect.

Q. How does Nature's Blessing's 20% chance of curing plague work?
A. Each time you cast the spell, if you have the plague you have a 20% chance of getting rid of it. It does NOT help prevent the plague, and leaving it on will not give you a 20% chance of curing it each hour.

Q. What offensive spells gives me most honor?
A. 1. Land Lust (LL) - war only
2. Tornado - hostile/war
3. Meteor Shower (MS) – Faery/Elves only and hostile/war
4. Nightmare (NM) – Undead/Elves only and hostile/war
5. Fire Ball (FB) - hostile/war

Q. How do I find my Modified Offensive WPA?
A. Raw wpa*Science*Honor*Race bonus if any
The raw wpa is found by dividing your number of wizards by the number of acres you have, so if you have 3000 wizards on 1000 acres you have a raw wpa of 3.

Q. How do I find my Modified Defensive WPA?
A. Raw wpa*Science*Honor*Race bonus if any*Magic Shield(+10%)
The raw wpa is found by dividing your number of wizards by the number of acres you have, so if you have 3000 wizards on 1000 acres you have a raw wpa of 3.

Q. How much defense does Minor Protection give you?
A. It boosts your Defense Military Efficiency by 5%

Q. Can Minor Protection and Greater Protection be used at the same time?
A. No, because GP and MP are the same spell except GP lasts longer and casting the spell again would only replace the spell you already had cast.

Q. What does Fanaticism do?
A. It increases your offensive efficiency by 4%. But it also decreases you defense efficiency by 4%

Q. If I have Animate dead and Town Watch on and I get attacked. Would them dead peasants come back as soldiers?
A. No

Q. Do I need to cast it again before the hour changes or should I wait until after?
A. Thalius, alliance leader of VAT, asked the good question: If my spell says, "(Estimated: 1 more Days)," do I need to cast it again before the hour changes or should I wait until after? A. It really depends on the spell. Spells like Fertile Lands, Love and Peace, and Mind Focus are all spells whose effects occur right at the hour change. For these spells, their last effect will take place on the hour it expires (Love and Peace will give him extra peasants the next hour change, but he'll need to re-cast it next hour for continuous effects). However, Spells like Inspire Army, Minor Protection, and Builders' Boon have their effects DURING the hour. So if this were one of these types of spells you need to do one of two things: Cast it as soon as the hour changes if you want non-stop effects, or cast it before the hour changes so you don't have to worry about it. But after the hour changes, you will no longer have faster-training troops, faster building time, or +5% protection. On a side note, Inspire army is both types of spells, so when the hour changes, you will no longer have faster training, but for the expiring hour change, your maintenance will still be lower.

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 09-Apr-2006 at 04:22.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Apr-2006 at 01:03)

***Thieves/Thieve Ops*** (Top)

Q. Why do I have riots, when I'm a Merchant?
A. Riots will still happen. The message about reducing your tax revenues is erroneous. As a Merchant, your income is not impacted by riots.

Q. if i riot u twice, and the 2nd riot lasts less time than the 1st, does the 2nd riots still override the 1st?
A. No, the longer riot now stays

Q. Why is it that when I use propaganda do I return with 0 of whatever I'm taking sometimes?
A. Propaganda is an operation that randomly chooses between thieves, wizards, elites, specs to take. It will often select units that the target has zero of or just plain very few. This is why you should be selective when choosing this operation. Also, if you do not send enough thieves it is possible for you to return with zero. Regardless, you will still get honor from this.

Q. What thieve ops gives me most honor?
A. Propaganda (Prop.) - Rogue only in war
Assassinate Wizards (AW) - Rogue only in hostile/war
Night Strike
Burn Forts
And stealing good amounts of gold or runes

Q. How do I find my Offensive Modified TPA?
A. Raw tpa*Science*Thieves Dens*Honor*Spells*Race bonus if any
The raw tpa is found by dividing your number of thieves by the number of acres you have, so if you have 3000 thieves on 1000 acres you have a raw tpa of 3.

Lets say you had 3tps raw, 50% science, 10% TDs(27% effectiveness), lord(3% Increase in your thievery effectiveness), Invisibility(+10%) and you are a halfling(+50%)

3*1.5*1.27*1.03*1.10*1.5= 9.71 TPA

Q. How do I find my Modified Defensive TPA?
A. Raw tpa*Science*Thieves Dens*Honor*Race bonus if any
The raw tpa is found by dividing your number of thieves by the number of acres you have, so if you have 3000 thieves on 1000 acres you have a raw tpa of 3.

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 04-Feb-2007 at 02:17.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96

***Attacking/Military*** (Top)

Q. How do I calculate plunder, learns and massacres?
A. You calculate them the same way you would calculate Traditional March

Q. I failed an attack using mercenaries, but after the attack I still had the money. Why didn't they go to combat?
A. For some reason, when you fail an attack with mercenaries, Sometimes you do not have to pay for them.
Also when you use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V (copy, paste), and you copy "2000 " instead of "2000" you send out none of these troops.

Q. Why do my elites cost more/less than what the guide says they do?
A. There are 3 reasons this would happen.
1: if a race has -30% military costs, their elites are 30% cheaper than the guide says.
2: Likewise, if a race has +10% military costs, so their elites cost 10% more than what the guide says.
3: You could be using a building like Armories witch also decrease the training costs.

Q. How much do I need to send for a conquest?
A. You need to break at least 51% of a Persons defense to gain land. The amount of land you gain depends on how close you are to breaking their defense.

Q. How much land can I get off a conquest?
A. If you compare it to the land that you can get off Traditional March. You get a max of 65-75% if you capture all the land targeted by sending 95% of their defense.

Q. What attacks give me honor?
A. Traditional March and Conquest

Q. Can I do mulible ambush attacks
A. No, you can only make one ambush per attack

Q. I got attacked for 200 and 150 acres, but when I ambushed I only got 75 acres, why is this?
A. because ambush, hits the last army first. If you ambush the person again you should get 100 acres back from that 200 acre attack.

Q. How do I find my Modified Dpa?
A. Raw dpa*spells*(forts*BE)*ME
Lets say you got 50,000 raw defense on 1,000 acres, that is a raw dpa of 50, to find the mod dpa you need to know a few things. Such as do you have the spells minor protection and fanaticism active and the exact number of forts should you have them.
The mod dpa is then this: 50*1.05(minor protection)*1.045(assuming 10% forts with 100% BE) * 1(100% ME)= 54.86 mod dpa.

Q. How do I calculate an Ambush?
A. Attacker:

offense:
Horses + soldiers + elite offensive value + specs + mercs + prisoners = raw offense.

mercs & prisoners count as 3 soldiers (Orc prisoners 4)

You need only send 1 general, they don't count as raw military. Barracks and honor titles do not count either.

Defender:
Last age town watch and fog affected ambush for the defender. Not sure if its been fixed.

Elites defensive value + spec offensive value + (peasants divided by 4). Total times 0.80 = raw defense

Horses & generals don't defend, and forts do not count.

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 04-Feb-2007 at 02:28.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96

***Stances*** (Top)

Q. Why can’t I change my stance?
A. You can only change your kd stance after you have had that stance for 24 hours.

Q. How can the stance be changed?
A. The monarch has the option to change the KD stance in their Politics Section

Q. How do stances work?
A. Once changed the effects are instant

Q. Why don’t stances work?
A. You are most likely in war, because stances do not work in war

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 09-Apr-2006 at 04:23.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Apr-2006 at 01:04)

***Race/Personality*** (Top)

Q. Halflings have -50% Thief Losses, and Thieves Dens give up to -80% Thief Losses. Does that mean that a Halflings with 10% Thieves Dens (-50% Thief Losses) will have no losses?
A. Bonuses are multiplicative, not additive. In other words, the halfling with 10% Thieves dens would have .5 * .5 = .25, or -75%, thieve losses.

Q. The Warrior Personality says a 100% Elite Army will have +15% gains. My question is if I send Mercenaries will that lessen my +15% gains?
A. No. The same goes for prisoners and horses. Even though they are part of the military they are considered a modifiers. Because you can not send them by them selves and their is a limit to how many you can send. Only Specs, Soldiers and Elites are actually considered military.

Q. For the Orc and Warrior +15% gains does that include honor or is it just for land?
A. No, the +15% gains count for resources and land only. Honor gains are based off nw difference, the amount of honor your target has and the realtions agenst your kd.

Q. Whats the percent of randomness that a freak gets in attacks?
A: Read this thread: http://forums.utopiatemple.com/show...;threadid=64205
A: Last age it looked to be -10% - +15%, we are still collecting data, but that is the best I can give you

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 04-Feb-2007 at 02:34.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Apr-2006 at 01:04)

***Relations*** (Top)

Q. Why can't I surrender when there have been no attacks by my kingdom for 3 Utopian days?
A. The time limit is based on real time. So if somebody attacked at the very END of an hour, you would have to wait to surrender after the very END of the hour 3 hours later. (i.e. last attack at 2h 55 Min, can't surrender till after 5h 55 Min)

Q. Do thief and spell ops move the war meter?
A. No, except land lust because only land exchange moves the war meter

Q. What must the war-meter be before my KD can withdraw?
A. The meter must be 54.5% or more before you can withdraw.

Q. What must the war meter be at before the other KD can surrender?
A. The meter must be 52.5% before the other KD can surrender.

Ninja Editing:
The surrender option has been done away with, and now withdrawals can be done any time past min time. However, withdrawing will count as a loss.

Last edited by Hawkeyekid, 02-Feb-2007 at 07:43.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Apr-2006 at 01:05)

***Dragons*** (Top)

Q. We got a dragon and it was only at 75%, why is that?
A. If you get a dragon while in war or declared war it will be 100% strength, in hostile it will 75% strength, no relations it will be 50% and if once is sent in binding peace or cease fire it will only be at 25%.

Q. I thought you said hostile dragons where 75%, than why did we get a dragon at 50%?
A. Hostile dragons are 75%. Even though a KD is hostile against you doesn’t mean you are hostile against them. It is the relations twords the KD that is sending the dragon that count.

Q. How many soldiers do I need to send to damage a dragon?
A. In order to make 1% damage to a dragon, you need to send X soldiers such that X=YOUR kingdom's networth divided by 3000.

Q. How many dragons can a KD have on them at a time?
A. Only one dragon can be on a KD at a time. If another one is sent it automatically forces the one before it to leave, so it can take its place.

Q. How long does a dragon last if we do not kill it?
A. A dragon lasts 6 Utopian months (6RL days)

Q. How much does it cost to send a dragon?
A. it costs about 1.75gc * Target KDs NW
Meaning if the kingdom is 2M net worth a dragon would cost about 3.5 million

Q. How many soldiers do I lose when I attack a Dragon?
A. Roughly 20-25% of the soldiers sent will be killed.

Q. Do hospitals reduce the number of soldiers lost against a dragon?
A. No, because even though the soldiers are fighting the dragon it is not counted as combat losses.

What damage does a dragon do to a Kingdom?
A. Instant loss of 20% of new draftees
5% Penalty to all offensive & defensive combat
Reduced food production by 30%
Reduced income by 25%
Random destruction of Housing
Attacking a Kingdom with a Dragon will result in 10% Higher Gains

Q. Does a smaller province kill more of the dragon than a larger province?
A. No they kill the dragon at the same rate

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 09-Apr-2006 at 04:24.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96

***Trade Balance*** (Top)

Q. I have a surplus on my Trade Balance and I haven’t received any aid, but it is reducing each hour, why is that?
A. Trade Balance decays a little each hour. It is utopias way of helping out people with a negative Tb.

Q. I have a surplus, do I get a bonus when people send aid to me?
A. No

What are the values used for aid?
A. Soldiers 150gc
Runes 5gc
Gold 1gc
Food .1gc

Q. How much of my TB decays per hour?
A. 0.25% of your TB decays per hour.

(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96

***Vacation Mode*** (Top)

Q. What is vacation mode?
A. By going into vacation mode you put your province into protection for a minimum of 3 days. During this time you will not be able to log in, and everything in your province will stop (simply put, your province will be the exact same size, have the same money, peasants, military, etc as when u left)

Q. I set vacation before I left for holidays, then when I was back I realized I never was in vacation, why?
A. Your province will NOT go in protection mode if you do ANY spells, thief ops, or attacks on ANYBODY after you set your province to go into vacation.
A. Your monarch can take you out of vacation mode after 5 days

Q. Can I go into vacation mode while I am still in protection?
A. Yes, but I wouldn’t recommend doing this unless your KD/Monarch knows who you are and why you have to go into vacation mode.

Q. I set my province to go into vaction mode, but now I do not need to go into vaction mode. How do I stop my self from going in?
A. Just do a random attack or any thieve or magic op. I recamend storms or drought.

(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Apr-2006 at 01:06)

***Kingdom Banners*** (Top)

Q. Where can I get a banner made?
A. If you are on IRC try #banners

Q. What is the max KD banner size?
A. For the temple emblem the size limit: 300,000 bytes, as for actual size it is 500 by 200

Q. I have a banner, but how do I get it on my KD page?
A. Post your banner using Emblem Hosting at the Temple. Than with the link.
Have you monarch go to politics, than past the URL to the right of "Emblem URL:” than set Width x Height, than click "make the changes"

(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Apr-2006 at 01:06)

***Income*** (Top)

Q. Why didn't I get my 12 hour (or 20 hour) login bonus the first day of protection?
A. Swirve has set it up, so that you can not start get your login bonus untill you have provided a login while the game is active meaning. Freeze time logins do not count. If you want the bonus just login the first hour of the age to set a login time.

Q. Why did a rob vault or attacked on someone and it give me a negative gc amount?
A. Because the person has a negative income and caused a negative amount of the province its gc's.

Q. Do I loose money to people with a negative income?
A. Yes, I know it sounds bad, but the amount you loose isn’t that bad

Q. How do they get a negative income?
A. It happens when their expenses cost more than they make and they run out of gc on reserve. After they run out of gc their trained army starts to leave them until they have a positive income again.

Q. If their troops are leaving them, than why is it still possible to get a negative amount?
A. Even though their troops are leaving them. Only so many troops per hour leave them. It was built this way to make income killing is a long process and at least give the person a chance to recover. Instead of loosing most your troops in about 2-3 hours if the system was set up to not let you go under 0 gc.

Q. What is the difference between Daily Income and Our Income?
A. Daily Income is projected for the next hour change and Our Income is yesterdays income (last hour change).

Q. What is the free income based off?
A. Daily Income found on the council page

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 04-Feb-2007 at 02:51.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Apr-2006 at 01:07)

***The Plague*** (Top)

Q. Why is my max population more than my total population, but I am not getting any peasants when the hour changes?
A. You have the plague, from either attacking an undead province or an already plagued province, or have been attacked successfully by one of these.

Q. What are the ways that I Can get the plague?
A. If you are not Undead or Sage there are only 4 ways that you have a chance of getting the plague:
1. An Undead makes a successful attack on you.
2. You attack an Undead, it doesn't matter if the attack was successful or not.
3. You attack someone who has the plague, it doesn't matter it the attack was successful or not.
4. Someone with the plague attacks you successfully

Q. What Successful attacks can Spread the Plague?
A. Traditional March, Ambush, Plunder, Massacres, Raze and Conquests that take all the targeted land.

Q. How can I cure the Plague?
A. There are only 3 ways to cure the plague:
1. Cast NB tell it cures the plagued
2. Wait for the Plague to naturally Cure it self
3. And running hospitals will increase your chance of curing the plague

Q. How long can the plague last?
A. According to the guide it can last up to 24hours before it naturally cures itself. Apparently the guide is out of date or incorrect here, and the plague can last up to 36 hours now.

Q. What are the effects of the Plague?
A. No Population Growth, -15% Military Defense and -15% Tax Collection

Q. How does Nature's Blessing's 20% chance of curing plague work?
A. Each time you cast the spell, you have a 20% chance of curing the plague. It does NOT help prevent the plague, and leaving it on will not give u a 20% chance of curing it each hour.

Q. Can the Plague be spread threw T/M ops?
A. No

Q. Why does the plague show up before the attack?
A. It is an error by Swirves programming, but the plague is from the attack. It is that way because first the attack needs to be successful. So if it is successful it than checks to see if the plague is transfered and if it is, it ends up getting printed first, sence the attack gets saved into memory while checking.

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 11-Feb-2007 at 09:05.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96

***IRC*** (Top)

Q. What is the IRC Server for Utopia?
A. UtoNet
Server: irc.utonet.org
Port: 6667

Q. Do I need to down load a program to get to use IRC for Utopia?
A. No, you can use the java chat here at the Temple or you can use http://www.utonet.org

Q. How do I find more channels
A. /List

Q. How do I join another channel?
A. /join #Channelname

Q. How do I learn more about IRC?
A. Read the UtoNet FAQ and the people in #UtoNet can help you with your IRC questions.

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 09-Apr-2006 at 04:25.
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96

***New Age*** (Top)

Q. Why didn't I get my 12 hour (or 20 hour) login bonus the first day of protection?
A. Swirve has set it up so that you do not get a login bonus the first day of protection.

Q. When the new age starts what options do I get?
A. When the age starts,
you are able to choose another race, personality.
You are able to choose names, etc.
you are also able to change your email when it is time to put in your activation code.
except in Genesis, you are stuck with what you choose, but you get more resources

Q. Does everyone start out the same?
A. At the beginning of age,
everyone starts off at the same money, food, land.
you have usually 36-70 hrs to be able to reset what you have done, depending one how long freeze is.
So like if you miss-spelt your province name, or want to change your build, or change your race you can do so.
After this period of freeze is over,
you have 72 hrs of protection, until the real game starts.

Note: The game does not commence until freeze time is done.

Q. What is freeze or frozen in time?
A. It is the time period of no growth to allow you to put together a strategy or to be able to put together and get in line with a kd strategy.

Q. How do I reset?
A. You have to go to Preferences, click on 'reset account' and log in again.
Note: You can only reset during freeze time.

(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96

***Other*** (Top)

Q. More than half my land is built. Why can't I explore?
A. For some reason, you now have to have more land built/in progress than double the land in exploration + barren land. So if all my land is build and I have 100 acres in exploration, I'd have to have more than 200 acres built/in progress in order to explore.

Q. What is the difference between - Unclaimed - and Awaiting Activation?
A. - Unclaimed - means an account was made, but the person hasn't logged in yet, but it can also mean the activation code hasn't been sent yet and at the start of an age they are usually accounts transferred over from the previous age.
Awaiting Activation means activation has been sent, but they haven't activated yet. For new accounts the usually have to wait 12hours before they can put in their activation code.

Q. Why when I try to make an account it says that the game is full?
A. The game is not actually full, but the server thinks it is because of the method the server places new provinces in the game. If you can't create an account just keep trying, soon it will give you a spot.

Q. Why can't I defect?
A. You have either used up your 3 defections already, or the server believes that there are no spots because it randomly selects a kingdom and that kingdom had no spots open. Just keep trying.

Q. Why did Angel say that I would gain _____ acres, but I gained less? Why did Angel say I had 100% chance of success, but I still failed my attack? Why did Angel say anything would happen that didn't actually happen?
A. Angel is not made by Swirve/Utopia, therefore nothing it guaranteed, but it is something you can rely on for the game. Even though it is not perfect, it is very useful.

Q. Will I get deleted if somebody I live with or a friend plays his or her account on my computer?
A. As long as you're not hitting each other, helping each other, or hitting the same people, you should not have any problems getting deleted.
If you do happen to get deleted it will be hard to prove you where not cheating. So you will have to make a new province. Please do not ruin the game, by making multiple provinces. It's not fair to the people that play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Q. Is it possible to have two accounts?
A. Yes, you can have one on WoL and one on the Genesis server.

Q. Why am I not listed on the world charts, even though my NW should put me on the chart?
A. During protection, everyone's NW grows very rapidly. The updates only happen every 6 hours, so you could be looking at where the top provinces were 5 hours ago. Also, the game only updates your acres/NW when you logon, get hit, get a message, get aid or you are op-ed. so the charts might have been updated based on old data from your province.

Q. Is there honor gains in intra-kd?
A. Only in magic spells. Attacks (traditional march and raze), and thievery does not give honor in intra-kd.

Q. If I am killed will I be able to restart in my KD?
A. You will be able to restart if you have been killed (by a Peasant Kill or been razed down to 0 acres).
However, if you have been attacked 5 or more times by your KD mates, you will not be able to restart your providence after you have died.

Q. How can I change my e-mail?
A. Wait until the end of age, then just type your old e-mail in. When you are asked for your activation code. There will be an option to put your new e-mail address in and your activation code will be resent to there.

Q. How long do I have to be in my KD to get the stay in kingdom message?
A. You have to have been playing the game for at least ten days before you will be able to get the message. A good rule of thumb is if you are not oop by the time the stay with KD option comes out. You will not be able to stay with the KD you are with.

Q. I have been deleted and would like to know when it would be possible for me to create a new account with the same e-mail adress?
A. If you are sure you have been deleted I wouldn't use the same e-mail for at least 48hours to make sure it is cleared out of the system. But if you are using a different e-mail adress you should get away with 24hours with no problems.

Q. Will there ever be a reshuffle on Wol/BF?
A. A reshuffle has not happened in years, but only Mehul can say.

(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Apr-2006 at 01:18)

***NW Values for Age 31*** (Top)

Peasant:1 gc
science: 1/80 gc
1000gc: 1 gc
unbuilt Acre: 15 gc
Built or inprogress acre: 55 gc
Wizard: 4 gc
Thief: 4 gc
horse: 0.6 gc
Soldier:1.5 gc
Normal off spec: 4 gc
Normal Def spec: 5 gc
Avian def spec:6 gc
Avian elite:5.5 gc
Dwarf elite:5.5 gc
Elf elite: 5 gc
Faery elite:6.5 gc
Halfling elite: 3.75 gc
Human off spec: 4.8 gc
Human elite: 6.5 gc
Orc elite: 6 gc
Undead elite: 5 gc

Help us to help the newbies and other inexperienced users by telling people about this thread and feel free to point out any mistakes and add more to the thread. So changes can be made and things can be added. So we can get an extensive list of Questions & Answers.

Last edited by Pip Squeek, 09-Apr-2006 at 04:34.
(Former Global Moderator)
Research Group
(02-Feb-2007 at 07:46)

Much thanks to Skraz for helping us with some recent additions/clarifications to the guide. The dragon section is completely out of date with the recent changes, but we hope to have that corrected soon.

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
There are two important rules for sucess in life.
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote