Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(27-Oct-2006 at 23:50)

exclamation mark Online Translation/Conversion Formatting

The kingdom page formatting used to show who was online at the time the page was copied. Now it seems to ignore that factor.
This has been an issue regarding Utopia Pimp Kingdom Watch, as it watches the activity level by recording this factor.

It has been like this for the entire age now, but I thought you figured it out by yourselves and fixed it. But now it's been going on for so long that I felt like I should let you know about it.
View Public Profile Visit jbrondbo's homepage Find more posts by jbrondbo Add jbrondbo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(28-Oct-2006 at 11:38)

You know how every province used to have an asterisk if they were online? Well, it's gone now. Do YOU know of a way to tell if a province is online from looking plain text? See, it's not as easy as you seem to think it is.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

Last edited by Starfriend, 28-Oct-2006 at 11:39.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.24
(28-Oct-2006 at 11:48)

Re: Online Translation/Conversion Formatting

Originally Posted by Starfriend: View Post
You know how every province used to have an asterisk if they were online? Well, it's gone now. Do YOU know of a way to tell if a province is online from looking plain text? See, it's not as easy as you seem to think it is.
Online provs are still shown with an asterisk next to their race. Atleast thats how it is on WoL.

caution: this post may appear more intelligent and insightful than it actually is
all posts made by the above person should be considered a direct insult to your intelligence
if you don't like what we tell you to believe in, we'll kill you - President George Bush
View Public Profile Visit Duo Maxwell's homepage Find more posts by Duo Maxwell Add Duo Maxwell to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(28-Oct-2006 at 12:33)

Bah I'm sorry, I got it confused with something else.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2006 at 12:59)

I see. It's easy to get confused these days. But I don't think it's too much to ask for a polite answer and leaving out the sarcasm either way. Do YOU?

I did of course know that this issue was related to the asterix beside each province. I didn't think it was necessary to mention it though. But I didn't realize that the asterix where gone in Genesis. Then I would have emphasised that the issue was regarding the World of Legends server.

Anyway, could somebody look into this, please?
Thank you.
View Public Profile Visit jbrondbo's homepage Find more posts by jbrondbo Add jbrondbo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Oct-2006 at 02:47)

Settings -> Formatter Settings -> Kingdom/Relations:

Make sure the 'Online Provinces' Box is checked.
it is set off as default.
It is likely that at some point you erased your old version of angel, and as such it lost your current settings at that point. Or it just lost them in an update at some random point.

Make sure the option is enabled, and try again

Failing Attacks? Not sure why your CB and Som Disagree? Want to learn how to have a successful attack all the time? Check out
The Attack Calculator Guide
Now Updated for Version 1.80!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ashaman00 Add Ashaman00 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Nov-2006 at 18:26)

Re: Online provinces in Kingdom formatter

Originally Posted by Ashaman00: View Post
Settings -> Formatter Settings -> Kingdom/Relations:

Make sure the 'Online Provinces' Box is checked.
it is set off as default.
It is likely that at some point you erased your old version of angel, and as such it lost your current settings at that point. Or it just lost them in an update at some random point.

Make sure the option is enabled, and try again
Excellent! Now it works, of course. Thank you.
I actually didn't know that it was optional.

Best Regards,
Jabba Moon
(Posted as MorHavoc)
(22-Nov-2006 at 22:05)

i have checked this box a few times in the past year. but it keeps getting unchecked on its own and i don't know why.

is there a reason it isn't checked by default? it only adds a few lines at the bottom.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mavoc Add Mavoc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Nov-2006 at 06:32)

Re: Online provinces in Kingdom formatter

Originally Posted by MorHavoc: View Post
i have checked this box a few times in the past year. but it keeps getting unchecked on its own and i don't know why.

is there a reason it isn't checked by default? it only adds a few lines at the bottom.
Angel SHOULD maintain settings like that through an update. Mine has for several ages now.

Don't know why yours wouldn't be.
And it's left off by default because it's extra info that isn't usually required.
and sometimes it's only a few lines, but it can be over 20 quite easily if you have a few provinces in vacation mode, and some online.

Failing Attacks? Not sure why your CB and Som Disagree? Want to learn how to have a successful attack all the time? Check out
The Attack Calculator Guide
Now Updated for Version 1.80!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ashaman00 Add Ashaman00 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Nov-2006 at 07:56)

Yeah, I see your point.
But if you use KD Watch in UtopiaPimp; it is very useful information.
You may see the activity level in that kingdom, for instance.

Best Regards,
Jabba Moon
(30-Nov-2006 at 10:01)

Hmmm, now I have the same problem with Protected provinces.

Made sure the 'Protected provinces' Box was checked in the Settings -> Formatter Settings -> Kingdom/Relations.

Could anybody look into this please?
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Jabba Moon
Administrator
(02-Dec-2006 at 08:33)

sunglasses Re: Online provinces in Kingdom formatter

Originally Posted by MorHavoc: View Post
Make sure it's checked in all your Angel user-accounts. When a new account is created (by copying a new Throne page), the settings of the active account are duplicated into the new one. If you find a way to reproduce the problem where it doesn't carry over, please let me know!

Originally Posted by jbrondbo: View Post
Hmmm, now I have the same problem with Protected provinces.
Thanks for reporting, this should be fixed in the next release!

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as MorHavoc)
(02-Dec-2006 at 10:10)

Quote:
Make sure it's checked in all your Angel user-accounts. When a new account is created (by copying a new Throne page), the settings of the active account are duplicated into the new one. If you find a way to reproduce the problem where it doesn't carry over, please let me know!
that is hard to test as it only seems to happen when a new age starts. all my settings transfer over except the online provs check box.

Stupidity is the Greatest Plague
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mavoc Add Mavoc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote