Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Muzzle)
Global Moderator
(15-Dec-2002 at 04:11)

Ftf...

Any infomration availible?

Your anti-alliance, I know that much.

But how do you plan to fight alliances?

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 04:50)

By spying on them, but don't worry, they're a joke, I don't think there's a single alliance that knows they exist that hasn't infiltrated them and made sure they're no threat. They have a spy in CoS, but I know exactly who it is, so I'm just fucking with them basically The guy said he respected me (the spy), but was still willing to spy on CoS, doesn't show much respect towards me, if you ask me.

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Brend AA)
(15-Dec-2002 at 05:06)
What does Ftf even mean? From The Founding? Fantastic Tackle Football? Does anyone even really care if their existance persists?

Deliverance | IRC: #deliverance

Why should I blame her that she filled my day/With misery, or that she would of late/Have taught ignorant men most violent ways
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brend Add Brend to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 05:13)

Sygnal, you dismal fool.

FTF stand for Fight The Future for those wanting to know, or for those even smart enough to have an interest.

All you need to know is at www.avidgamers.com/ftf

And if you think there is a spy in CoS, well then that's your own personal suspicion. And as for us being a joke, well I have one thing to say. Don't underestimate that which you don't know. Oh, one more thing. We don't just spy, if that's what you are insinuating. Learn a bit more before acting like you're the all knowing.

FTF #3 - Galdavin,
FTF Co-Ordinator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Galdavin Add Galdavin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 05:14)

Also, there's a great deal of info in the Anti Alliance thread, if anyone such as Sygnal would bother to look at. Could be quite handy to you know, read things before you go off on a tangent.

FTF #3 - Galdavin,
FTF Co-Ordinator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Galdavin Add Galdavin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Muzzle)
Global Moderator
(15-Dec-2002 at 05:17)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Galdavin)

Sygnal, you dismal fool.

FTF stand for Fight The Future for those wanting to know, or for those even smart enough to have an interest.

All you need to know is at www.avidgamers.com/ftf

And if you think there is a spy in CoS, well then that's your own personal suspicion. And as for us being a joke, well I have one thing to say. Don't underestimate that which you don't know. Oh, one more thing. We don't just spy, if that's what you are insinuating. Learn a bit more before acting like you're the all knowing.
Intresting... but why didnt you just join YYA?

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Brend AA)
(15-Dec-2002 at 05:29)
Methinks he felt like being a hypocrit and founded an anti-alliance alliance. Great plan really... It's like a farmer creating an anti-farmers association.

Why should I blame her that she filled my day/With misery, or that she would of late/Have taught ignorant men most violent ways
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brend Add Brend to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 05:34)
Galdavin, are their any other members in your great anti-alliance alliance other than yourself. I know being an alliance leader might make you feel powerful but if you have no one to lead then you're not really much of a leader are you?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zant Add Zant to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 05:38)
funny, alliances will last forever, because they always change. Me, i just can't wait till one gets powerful enough to get a server war going on, like everyone vs that alliances...or group of alliances.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jolly The Giant Add Jolly The Giant to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 05:40)

FtF is a joke. Oh, and yes, every alliance has probably already had a spy in there and verified this.

My posts reflect my own views & opinions. If I post something you dont like, too bad, I hope it really pisses you off too.
View Public Profile Visit Zeppa's homepage Find more posts by Zeppa Add Zeppa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 05:55)

Galdavin is right in the matter that they just don't spy, they aquire information.

And yes Galdavin you do have a 'spy' in CoS, but Sygnal is just having fun with him so don't worry, he won't learn anything that will help you out.

Muzzle, GoP has stated that FTF exists to move the neutral majority.

My thinking is that half of FTF's "rapidly growing membership" is from alliances checking them out. Wouldn't be surprising at all.

I consider myself to be a man of principle. But, what man does not?
Even the cutthroat, I have noticed, considers his actions "moral" after a fashion.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kinslayer Add Kinslayer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 06:08)

Only losers like FtF would have this "Operation X-Mas" where they gather information about BoD.

My posts reflect my own views & opinions. If I post something you dont like, too bad, I hope it really pisses you off too.
View Public Profile Visit Zeppa's homepage Find more posts by Zeppa Add Zeppa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 06:30)

Hehe, it's kind of funny, especially the sheer amount of spies BoD has in FtF, and the levels of access a few have CoS hasn't really bothered spying on FtF much, I gave their site a once-over, checked their member locations (the few that were provided at least, you guys don't even trust your own members?), and decided they aren't worth the effort. I find it funny that someone in the act of such foolishness accuses me of being a dismal fool. I'm neither dismal or a fool, so I hardly fit the definition of a dismal fool. I'm not a hypocrite either, I know where I stand, and I plainly state it, unlike some,,,

Zeppa, I wouldn't say that every alliance has a spy in FtF, most alliances probably don't even know they exist. I must admit, the chances of CoS discovering their existence was very slim, I think one of the first contacts was BoD telling us that there's a spy in CoS, so I went and investigated. To tell the truth, I'm not sure why BoD cares so much, they could see the site just as plainly as I, there's nothing there.

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(15-Dec-2002 at 06:36)

Brend: It maybe an Anti-Alliance Alliance, but they do not fight in the traditional style an Alliance would, so I dont see how you can say they are anything like an Alliance.

It would be an organisation against Alliances.. A protest group or something.. Then I guess you could say its an Alliance and then the use of English complicates it more.. Is it an Alliance or an Organisation or does an Organisation equal an Alliance? What about a group? See what I mean

Muzzle: By spreading information to the Utopian Public, swinging those people who are neutral in the Alliance vs Anti Alliance people battle. Showing them what Alliances are and thereby reducing the member base wanting in to Alliances.

Then I guess they use that to protest against the effectiveness of Alliances to Mehul, trying to convince him to change the way things are.

Kinslayer: That doesnt surprise them either Its expected to happen, and I think they welcome it with open arms. They have nothing to hide, now as for the Alliance people..

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 06:39)

Some alliances have known about FtF well before my discussions with Kinslayer and his posting about them here at UT. They have known for awhile because I personally told members of some of the alliances I am friendly with a long time ago.

This was before anything was posted about them or any of Phun's Flame Team started making themselves known. Of course there's nothing at their site. We all know this. This is the whole reason nobody made a big deal about them before. They simply don't have anything.

Last edited by Zeppa, 15-Dec-2002 at 06:42.
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(15-Dec-2002 at 06:41)

And what does that have to do with the price of eggs?

Does it change FTF in any way? Their goals? Their values?

Kudos to you for finding out way before many people, but it changes zilch.

Fire and Ice
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Dec-2002 at 06:44)

I know you have access to their site as a tourer. Maybe you support their cause. Their cause and goals may still be there, but nothing else. They can't do anything to bring down a real alliance. The best they can ever hope to do is slow their growth. From what I've seen, even that is something that won't be happening from anything they do.

Last edited by Zeppa, 15-Dec-2002 at 06:46.
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(15-Dec-2002 at 06:59)

Quote:
I know you have access to their site as a tourer. Maybe you support their cause. Their cause and goals may still be there, but nothing else.
Yes, I have access.. Yes I am a Tourer, I had no reason to hide it, hence why I use the same name I use here. Though I am not an actual member for the record, support the cause but not necessarily how they go about it.

But I will be watching and listening and waiting to see how their plans evolve. If its something I like, then I shall be in there 110%.

Aslong as their cause and goals are there, thats all they need. Those who have a like mind will join.

Quote:
They can't do anything to bring down a real alliance. The best they can ever hope to do is slow their growth. From what I've seen, even that won't happen
Depends exactly what you mean by "bringing down an Alliance".

But slowing their growth is a good way to go. Slow, yes, but not stupid.

Utopia is a game. People will eventually leave the game because they are bored, or real life will interfere. So as people leave, Alliances will want to replace them. If we can stop new players from joining Alliances.. In the long term (a VERY long term ), Alliances will feel the impact.

Also, if there are a large majority of people wanting Alliances gone, they can plead their case to Mehul (as many do on the Utopia Bugs and Suggestion forum) and think up ideas to reduce the way an Alliance can function in game. IF Mehul listens and likes the ideas and implements them.. Bye bye Alliances.

Time will reveal all. We Anti Alliance people are more than willing to bide our time..

Fire and Ice
(Posted as Brend AA)
(15-Dec-2002 at 07:13)
I can just see, in a few years, Age 35 or so... Anti-alliance people posting here... Last day before the end of the final reset... "Oh yes... We will bide our time... Utopia is gone tomorrow, and finally all alliances will be gone!"

That'll be the day when you'll finally win... lol :P

Also, if they call themselves an anti-alliance alliance, they've got a hypocritical thing going on. You can't be one as well as the other. It's hypocritical. You may say they're not like a normal alliance... But soon they will start making war when they lose more brain cells than they've lost already and take on an alliance. In order to do so, they'll need to share info and target different people. They'll also need to have forums set up to check the progress of whom they target. Eventually, they will be an alliance, just as NH, AA, Abs and many others are now.

(15-Dec-2002 at 07:15)

I've always considered anti-alliance people as the loud minority. Not the neutral majority.

Halk, Retired Big Boss of The Black Horde.
View Public Profile Visit Halk's homepage Find more posts by Halk Add Halk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote