Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(20-Jun-2003 at 15:01)
I have a question for you guys

Every once in awhile I'll get a grab into my kingdom from a province that is around 1 million networth and the next biggest player in his kingdom is 500k networth. So my kingdom gangbangs him.

Okay, other times I have guys around 400k-500k sending me threats. I am over 2 million networth.

Sometimes small provinces, 100k or smaller attack guys in my kingdom even though there is no way they can break them.

My question to you guys is why? The bigger guys know they are going to get retalled, and retalled hard. But yet they still attack into the super kingdoms? Then they complain about being gangbanged and foul play?

Where do 400k provinces get the idea that they can mouth off to me, when in fact I haven't done anything to them but order a retaliation of their kingdom mate?

And why is it that small provinces, like to hit the biggest kingdoms?

Maybe some of you guys can give me some actually good answers here, because all of the stuff I've gotten thusfar was bull crap.

OoZ
View Public Profile Find more posts by DrZaius Add DrZaius to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 15:03)
If you attacked us
we retalled but we still got retalled by you guys
fair?

=Gunshin=
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gunshin Add Gunshin to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 15:03)
I hear ya man. Countless whine threads have been made against my kd for triple retaling. Bah. If you don't wanna get gangbanged by my kingdom, don't hit into it. Simple as that.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kaer Darius Add Kaer Darius to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 15:05)

as for the 100k ones, i think it's just that sometimes fatal disease called n00bism.

as for the 400k+ ones, i think it's just that they are jealous and pissed off at the same time, along with a little stupidity thrown in.

Signature suspended by Swifty for violating the forum's rules.
View Public Profile Visit TheSpy's homepage Find more posts by TheSpy Add TheSpy to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 15:19)
Gunshin, yes. Why isn't it fair? How is it against the rules OR the Utopia code of conduct? Here is swirve's definition of honor, and I follow it:

Fair & Honorable Play

Utopia maintains the highest standards of ethics within the game. Any instance of inappropriate language, manipulation of bugs, or acts of fraud will result in immediate removal from the game. We rely on our users to help us enforce these rules and provide an enjoyable gaming environment for users of all ages and backgrounds.

I don't use inappropriate language, don't manipulate bugs(cause I can never find em :-P), and I haven't acted or represented myself as another entity.

So what's not fair about it?

Darius, you guys are n00bs. :-P lolz

TheSpy, I agree. ;-) Good answer

OoZ
(20-Jun-2003 at 15:37)

Ok I can clear this up for you.

I recently made the mistake of attacking into Wrath of Abs. Im 3750 acres, 740k nw. I was thinking at the time (really late at night lol) that 'oh! they are all to big to get a decent hit on me!' so i hit...now im screwed once i get out of this fake lol

"No victor beleives in chance." Fredrich Nietzsche, 1882.
"Risk Everything, or Gain Nothing." -Geoffery de Charny, 1358.
"Nothing in Life is as certain as Death." - Jean de Frossiart, 1359.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
"My parts, my title, and my perfect soul shall manifest me rightly." - Shakespeare
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zsinj Add Zsinj to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 15:47)
content share the wealth? haha

It's simple.

It's because all the newer players think they can grow without getting attacked. They feel as if everyone should be able to 'share the wealth'

Then they realize this is a war game called "utopia"

Kinda funny when you read the definition of Utopia and then realize this game is all about war.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Desert Eagle Add Desert Eagle to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 16:01)
Quote:
My question to you guys is why? The bigger guys know they are going to get retalled, and retalled hard. But yet they still attack into the super kingdoms? Then they complain about being gangbanged and foul play?

Where do 400k provinces get the idea that they can mouth off to me, when in fact I haven't done anything to them but order a retaliation of their kingdom mate?

And why is it that small provinces, like to hit the biggest kingdoms?
I think you missed the real question.

Since when do KLA kingdoms on WoL start counting as super kingdoms ?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ando Menthor Add Ando Menthor to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 16:09)
Ando Menthor, who do you think you are? KLA kingdoms on WoL are called super kingdoms by my standards, because they can rape every other kingdom on the server. There are 2 kingdoms on the WoL server that I think would be able to compete with my kingdom in a war, those kingdoms are Brute Force, because of their sheer activitiy and Welcome to Fightclub cause they are all Romanians.

And next age when my kingdom is on the top 50 for BF in networth and honor, it will be the same way.

I don't understand who you think you are to judge what's a good kingdom and what is not a good kingdom. You are probably some elitist who is in a completely traded kingdom and thinks that you are better than everyone because you guys have to cheat to win, or you are a n00b and don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Either way, I just made you look like a fool. So be content that I used my time to reply to you

OoZ
(20-Jun-2003 at 16:13)
I hardly think doing well for one round on the second level server makes you a super kingdom. I think most people agree that super kingdoms have achieved consistantly at the top level of the game for many rounds. Many kingdoms have one good age and I don't doubt that your kingdom maybe a good kingdom but I'd hardly call it a super kingdom. When your kingdom has consistantly proved itself on the BF server then it would be a super kingdom and not untill then.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ando Menthor Add Ando Menthor to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 16:19)
All kingdoms have to start somewhere, strangely enough since I took over monarchy my kingdom has been on the upswing.

I'm not saying we're going to be the best kingdom on the Battlefields server next age, but I am saying we are going to be competitive with a lot of those top kingdoms very very soon.

Super kingdom is a general term really, I suppose I could have used different terminology such as "top kingdom", but what's the point? I honestly don't see one.

OoZ
(20-Jun-2003 at 16:25)
I prefer to call a spade a spade. Anyone that claims to be something they are not or talk up thier achievements in any field is something that personnally annoys me.
Old HyD
(20-Jun-2003 at 16:33)
( I'm almost sure he's talking about me... )

Do you ever bother to look at the paper from some to time ?

Cuz if you did, you realised that somebody in your kingdom attacked me for some serious acres, and I retalled.

So tell me guys, what should "I" do ?

A province in a 24M kingdom bottomfeeds on me suiciding with all his elites ( me being in a 7M kingdom, more than 3 times smaller than theirs ), even if he knows I have the power to retal him easy...
But he feels safe because he's in a big kingdom, and nobody dares to fight back.

So, in their opinion I should lose 400 acres and 1k elites in the battle... and just curse my bad luck and do nothing about it. They are big, they are untouchable.
No, I retal, and take 650 acres back...

So what do the "honourable" KLA kingdom does ?
Starts gangbanging me for another 1200+ acres, 'cuz they know I can't do nothing about it, making the final count about 1000 acres lost for me, ruining my economy, overpopulating me like hell, etc.

Yeap... this is the unspoken rule of the game:
"You are not in a big kingdom, you are not part of any alliance, so stay out of the top 100, it's all reserverd to the top 5 bottomfeeding kingdoms"

"We don't care about you being a very good player, we'll crush your head sending into the average-n00b oblivion if you dear to reach the size of us..."

And don't tell me Zaius that is's not true !

...Sometimes I'd wish Mehul would resuffle and send all your a$$es flying around the server, full of n00bz, so that you feel like I felt.
View Public Profile Visit HyD's homepage Find more posts by HyD Add HyD to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 16:38)
People assume that there is a universal right to retal any hit on you (which there isn't) and nor is someone suiciding just because they sent out all thier elites. Lots of orcs send out all thier elites but that is hardly suiciding

Having said this if you attack someone that can retal you back then they more then likely will so attacking people that can retal you back no matter what size kingdom you are in isn't the smartest thing ever to do
(20-Jun-2003 at 18:44)
Take it back? Hmm..

Quote:
Having said this if you attack someone that can retal you back then they more then likely will so attacking people that can retal you back no matter what size kingdom you are in isn't the smartest thing ever to do
And retalling into a kd where 20/25 provinces can retal your retal isn't exactly an Einstein move either

Tell you what, why don't you play in a ghetto where you're say, 4 times bigger than the 2nd largest province in your kingdom and then attack into a Top 10. Then come back and whine to everyone about being 'unhit fairly'.

You want a better kingdom? Take time to build it up.

You're over 1 million and complain when you get farmed? Too bad, this is a kd game. If you weren't so selfish you would've stayed with the pack and not outgrew them to the point where they can't help you at all.

Can you make the hit into a Super KD? Sure. Can you keep it? Doubtful.

Oh yeah another thing. Don't try to make BF sound as if they're super elit because they're not. While the LEVEL of competition is greater, that doesn't make the BF server SO much better. Both servers have their shares of noobs and everyone knows it. If anything one of the major differences is that BF's noobs are arrogant.

Last edited by Desert Eagle, 20-Jun-2003 at 18:51.
Edit reason: a little extra....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Desert Eagle Add Desert Eagle to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 18:56)
Ando Menthor, yea I call a n00b a n00b. Your comment has no relevence to what we're talking about though.

HyD, no actually I wasn't talking about you but seeing you in these forums reminded me I wanted to ask this question. The people I'm referring to are on island 34.

And I never said that you could not retal, if I did can you please show me when and where I said it? My question here was simply why you would want to knowing that you would get hit more. We gangbanged you because you attacked us, it's a choice you made. You could have let the attack go, and stayed at a loss of however many acres you first lost or you could have retalled like you did and got gangbanged. This is a game of choices, and you made a bad choice. Live with it.

And HyD, I am for a reshuffle. I feel I can build any kingdom no matter what the skill level into a top war kingdom within three ages and I have several other people who will tell you the exact same thing.

lol Desert Eagle, I like your post

OoZ
(20-Jun-2003 at 19:10)
First of all:

Quote:
Since when do KLA kingdoms on WoL start counting as super kingdoms ?

second of all:

Because you're in KLA and in a good and strong kd ATM doesn't make you God DrZaius...just wanted to point that out....you've prob been a n00b once too (or am I wrong?!) some don't know what theyr doin...and somebody simple retal a bottomfeeding/suiciding hit, but when you are in a smal kd that simply isn't allowed..when somebody form a smaler kd hit into a large kd there are usually a reason (except most of the n00bs,they're just being stupid ) theese reasons are usually retals, because lets face it you will usually get hammerd if you start the first hit in a large kd..but why can't large kds leave a retal as a retal and move on?!you are allowed,why not the rest?!
View Public Profile Find more posts by TasteOfWar Add TasteOfWar to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 19:19)
Why should we allow retals? If we do, we'll get beaten down millions of nw because smaller provinces gain more acres. So we discourage all topfeeding hits against us by gangbanging anyone who dares hit into our kingdom. Might makes right.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kaer Darius Add Kaer Darius to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 19:23)
Quote:
Why should we allow retals? If we do, we'll get beaten down millions of nw because smaller provinces gain more acres. So we discourage all topfeeding hits against us by gangbanging anyone who dares hit into our kingdom. Might makes right.
yea but you can bottomfeed right?!
View Public Profile Find more posts by TasteOfWar Add TasteOfWar to your Buddy List
(20-Jun-2003 at 19:25)
Err.. hrrrm. Serenity doesn't retal retals, and we're not exactly small. And we certainly haven't been beaten down millions of NW.

Serenity
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zauper TR Add Zauper TR to your Buddy List
Closed Thread