Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(29-Jul-2003 at 14:22)
Old Races vs New Races

Why doesnt Mehul replace some of the old races? Some of the races Ive seen on the forums are good enough to be on Utopia. I can understand having the humanoid races like Elves,Humans,Dwarves and orcs.The Undead and Avians are good races to play but they are just other races with something else added on, for example Avians are humans with wings and the undead are just dead humans. If Avians can be part of the game why cant Centaurs or Fauns or something be?

What the game needs is new, more complex races to make the game more exciting. Just a made up race which is not taken from a book or movie. I can think of one of the top of my head like ... Phyronans

Phyronans are forest dwelling creatures which are little known thoughout Utopia. They are known to deal with Orcs but even the orcs cannot tell you the nature of these cretures. They have thrived because of they're resourcefulness and ability to adapt to thier surroundings. Because of this they are very good explorers and are renowned for thier agricultural skills. They're abilities also allow them to make good armor and weapons. Although they are raised around the mystical forests they are not especially magical and pride themselves in there resource acquiring skills. This makes them excellent thieves. Due to the amount of resources they aquire they tend to make thier armer better and therefore more expensive.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dave2002 Add Dave2002 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jul-2003 at 14:23)
You know, that kind of thing
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dave2002 Add Dave2002 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as F u S i o N)
(29-Jul-2003 at 15:41)

Ask Mehul...

Death is a state of mind, I've lost my mind, therefore I cannot die.
Furious Under Serious Influence Of Narcotics
View Public Profile Find more posts by fusionev Add fusionev to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as SuperSage)
Donated $7.44
(05-Aug-2003 at 02:11)

Avians are just humans with wings? How do you know what avians look like? I've always pictured them almost nothing like humans, and entirely bird...

who said undead were dead humans? Maybe they're dead dwarves or faeries? Maybe their the ressurected remains of an extinct race?

Lol you make it sound like playing human, avian, and undead are all the same thing.
Quote:
The Undead and Avians are good races to play but they are just other races with something else added on
. They're VERY different.

Plus, we have enough, interesting races now. And your race sounds overpowered. Better income, better food production, less combat losses (better armor), more military strength (better weapons), and better thievery, with no disadvantages?

The less popular Sage
Really...most people forget who I am
But I was here first, damn it!

Willing to sell my soul for a Klondike Bar
View Public Profile Visit The Other Sage's homepage Find more posts by The Other Sage Add The Other Sage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as cANibUs MN)
(User is Banned)
(05-Aug-2003 at 02:26)

i always thought avain had wings but with a horses body and a human upper body and face!!

SOLACE (No special rank, were all equal)
AWE HATS SPAMMER
View Public Profile Find more posts by canibus Add canibus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.12
(05-Aug-2003 at 03:02)
Quote:
(Originally posted by cANibUs MN)

i always thought avain had wings but with a horses body and a human upper body and face!!
lol like a centaur with wings?
I imagine Avians as big vicious birds with sharp claws and mouth (what's that word in English again?)

View Public Profile Find more posts by Circa Add Circa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as NazcaFlame)
(05-Aug-2003 at 03:50)

I always thought of them as either Griffins, or maybe just birds with swords or something...Whatever.

I think the races are just fine as of now, thank you.
It might easily upset the balance to add another...

Belief, "faith" if you will, is pointless unless founded by fact, and once founded by fact no longer becomes belief. - Lunar2
I'm not a hero, I'm not a saviour - Forget what you know - I'm just a man whose circustances went beyond his control.
Welcome to Tycho-Magnetic Anamoly One.

Last edited by Nazka, 05-Aug-2003 at 03:51.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nazka Add Nazka to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Deity69)
(05-Aug-2003 at 04:10)

For anyone that loves fantasy related stuff, 7 of the 8 races are musts (Avians are the only ones I've never really heard about before) but Dwarves, Halflings, Elves, Undead, Orcs, Humans, and Faeries are necessary for a fantasy game, it just ain't the same if you leave one out.... but I was hoping we could add a couple more well known races too. The main 2 that come too my mind are Dark Elves, I suggested them a A/M race recently and Trolls, or a combination of Trolls, Ogres, and Goblins... can't think of a name fro them, Warcraft used Orcs, but we already got 'em.....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Deity Add Deity to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Aug-2003 at 05:01)

Yeah its really cool if they will add another race! from the old one!. Anyway i dont even know whats the old race! i've for playing 5 ages!!

My Thieves is Mightier than the Sword
"He who does not love his own language is worse than an animal and smelly fish."-JOSE RIZAL
Pearl of the Orient Seas - PHILIPPINES

View Public Profile Find more posts by Testament46 Add Testament46 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Aug-2003 at 05:11)

Yeah, this is only my 3rd age and I'm already tired of the races. Why not just throw some other ones into the mix, or just completely change some of the advantages/disadvantages.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge" -Disraeli
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing" - Socrates
View Public Profile Find more posts by TyBrad11 Add TyBrad11 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $3.78
(05-Aug-2003 at 05:19)

Quote:
For anyone that loves fantasy related stuff, 7 of the 8 races are musts (Avians are the only ones I've never really heard about before) but Dwarves, Halflings, Elves, Undead, Orcs, Humans, and Faeries are necessary for a fantasy game, it just ain't the same if you leave one out.... but I was hoping we could add a couple more well known races too. The main 2 that come too my mind are Dark Elves, I suggested them a A/M race recently and Trolls, or a combination of Trolls, Ogres, and Goblins... can't think of a name fro them, Warcraft used Orcs, but we already got 'em.....
starcraft, humans, Zerg, and protoss. those races are not used everywhere. only the humans

_\|/_
~"."~
~|___|~
_||_
View Public Profile Find more posts by Eagles037 Add Eagles037 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Aug-2003 at 04:48)
wouldnt it be cool if for one age in gen, mehul raised the adv/dis for the races and personalities, make wach thing be a bit bigger, like dwarves consume 125 food, and faeries get +25 magic effectiveness, or something

wouldnt that be fun, that would complelty make undead, halfling and faery be awesome to play as
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mkiller Add Mkiller to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Aug-2003 at 05:11)

Yeah its really nice if they are going to change something on every race. or add another race perhaps!!

My Thieves is Mightier than the Sword
"He who does not love his own language is worse than an animal and smelly fish."-JOSE RIZAL
Pearl of the Orient Seas - PHILIPPINES

View Public Profile Find more posts by Testament46 Add Testament46 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Paradise of Dre)
Donated $1.76
(06-Aug-2003 at 07:21)

IF

but I don't think mehul will add new races.. and I think he is right about that..

also, major changes could screw up the game...

like when the avians got 5/0 0/5 specs...

-S---M---O---K---E-
---W---E---E---D---
-E---V---E---R---Y---
-----D---A---Y-------
View Public Profile Find more posts by Utopian Devil Add Utopian Devil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Aug-2003 at 10:20)

If all we got was dark elves id be dissapointed, i think goblins are needed more..

Biddycam is dead! Blame the people who worked out where it was.
http://www.zoooom.co.uk/livecam.htm
Valek was here. Well, not really
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ordy Add Ordy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Aug-2003 at 10:53)

Replace some races, hard to to do coz they have to reorganise all the things

ineser the Imperial
Cyber/Furious Angel[Part of Raging Angels IV-VII]
View Public Profile Find more posts by ineser Add ineser to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as BlackTongue)
Donated $20.00
(06-Aug-2003 at 12:43)

Quote:
(Originally posted by SuperSage)

Avians are just humans with wings? How do you know what avians look like? I've always pictured them almost nothing like humans, and entirely bird...

who said undead were dead humans? Maybe they're dead dwarves or faeries? Maybe their the ressurected remains of an extinct race?

I believe he was referring to a humanoid no just humans!

I like the current races and removing one could cause a balance problem. Maybe introducing a A/M and a T/A race

PODSQUAD
Belief in a higher being is denial of reality
View Public Profile Visit Percil's homepage Find more posts by Percil Add Percil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Aug-2003 at 02:31)
tongue

Technically, all the races are like humans.

Humansuh.
Faerys:Small Humans with wings.
Haflings:Humans half the size of regular Humans.
Orcs: Large Humans with clubs.
Eves: Tall Humans with pointy ears, or short humans with pointy ears. Depends if you follow the Santa sterotype or no.
Dwarfs: Short, strong Humans.

Ah, techinacality, is there anything you can't do?
View Public Profile Find more posts by magicalzap Add magicalzap to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Aug-2003 at 02:35)

Quote:
(Originally posted by magicalzap)

Technically, all the races are like humans.

Humansuh.
Faerys:Small Humans with wings.
Haflings:Humans half the size of regular Humans.
Orcs: Large Humans with clubs.
Eves: Tall Humans with pointy ears, or short humans with pointy ears. Depends if you follow the Santa sterotype or no.
Dwarfs: Short, strong Humans.

Ah, techinacality, is there anything you can't do?
Well they are just using the humanoide body.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Forfin Add Forfin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Aug-2003 at 08:25)

FYI:

Look at the names of the Avian military, Harpies, Griffins, and Drakes.

Harpies, what I believe, are half ugly human, half ugly bird.

Griffins, are lion's legs, bird body

Drakes, are small dragons.

So Avians are probably just all flying creatures teamed up together.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kyte Add Kyte to your Buddy List Reply with Quote