Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $28.37
(24-Mar-2005 at 21:12)

Swirve games background

Why does it have to be black? I can't play at work cause its not a normal color (white) and people notice it since all I do are spreadsheets.

Anyone else not like the black in Utopia and Earth?
Even grey would be better.
View Public Profile Find more posts by cd3po Add cd3po to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Mar-2005 at 21:39)

well

i only play at home and i like the black but i see your point and it might be a good idea to change the color scheme, but i dont think he would change it so people could play more safely at work

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Mar-2005 at 23:34)

Well, itīs no big deal to offer say 10 different color schemes via CSS... So why not implement it?

Pets are a great help in times of loneliness, and in times of starvation, too!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hawki Add Hawki to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Mar-2005 at 23:42)

I dont see why there isnt an option to change the background color already. I mean, theres an option to change the music, so why not have 10 or so colors as mentioned above? And Hawki said, it wouldnt be that hard to impliment.
View Public Profile Visit Elessart's homepage Find more posts by Elessart Add Elessart to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2005 at 03:38)

hmmm

well, i cant see a reason why it would not be possible, it just seems like the reason you mentioned would not be a reason mehul would support, but you could always email him...

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(26-Mar-2005 at 04:55)

I believe Maddox said it best, when he said that your computer screen, no matter how much you want it to be, is NOT a peice of paper, it is a lightbulb. Staring at a white background is not good for your eyes, at all. Plus, I find white backgrounds to cause the page to seem blurrier.

An idea: If you'e getting in trouble at work for playing Utopia when you should be working, consider the option of (get this) doing work at work! Like smoking inside the office, it may seem tempting, but is it really worth it?
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.24
(26-Mar-2005 at 23:02)

Why black? Because it's easy on the eyes.

"A smile is the perfect gift--personal and encouraging."--one Dove Chocolate wrapper
"Love is always the perfect gift."--another Dove Chocolate wrapper
"A loving smile is the perfect personal gift of encouragement" -SaSi
Eh... I'll go with the Dove wrappers.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Wavelength Add Wavelength to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Mar-2005 at 03:59)

i had never really stopped to think about what a white backround would look like, and to test out QC's idea, i stared at a blank Microsoft Word document, and surel enough, white did hurt my eyes...

Have a HooT
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(28-Mar-2005 at 06:09)

You can set your browser to force all pages to load white backgrounds. In Firefox, go to Tools, then select options. In options, select general, then click the fonts and colors button. You'll see how from there. Hopefully it works for you...

As for IE, it is basically the same, but I can not get it to work for me.
View Public Profile Visit Zequovixway's homepage Find more posts by Zequovixway Add Zequovixway to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Mar-2005 at 07:18)

Black is the best color. White is too bright.

You know the real meaning of PEACE only if you have been through the war. Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invasion Add Invasion to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Mar-2005 at 17:23)

Black is definetely best. White would be horrible considering how many people spend a lot of time in front of the computer playing Utopia. Black is just so much easier on the eyes.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ramalad Add Ramalad to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(28-Mar-2005 at 20:56)

do not knock it tell you try it... I just switched my background colour to white 3 days ago... and it is actually a refreshing change. And next age I think I am going to play a whole age with a different colour....
View Public Profile Visit Zequovixway's homepage Find more posts by Zequovixway Add Zequovixway to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Mar-2005 at 21:13)
For IE, go to Tools -> Options.
Click Accessibility, check the boxes for "Ignore colors specified on webpages"
Poof, it will be white.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DamienC Add DamienC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Mar-2005 at 21:21)

Re: Swirve games background

Quote:
(Originally posted by cd3po)

Why does it have to be black? I can't play at work cause its not a normal color (white) and people notice it since all I do are spreadsheets.

i'll go with most people have already said...
why are you playing computer games at work ?

and its not like other people arent playing SOME type of computer games at work

swirve cant be responsible if you slack off on your job
View Public Profile Find more posts by TestSubj Add TestSubj to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as LiquidSilver)
(29-Mar-2005 at 00:03)
Black is the best imo. White has a tendency to be a lil bit hard on the eyes. So black is definately my pick.

Btw if you wanna change utopia's bg why not try to change utopiatemples black bg :P

Visit GIGMAX!

Entrael
Inset Cool Quote
View Public Profile Find more posts by Entrael Add Entrael to your Buddy List Reply with Quote