Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(27-Apr-2007 at 05:40)

1.83a1 - Contant Crashes

We have several kingdom mates that have reported that when they attempt to copy or even view any of the tools such as the building or military calculator, etc angel will crash.

Can someone please look into this? Thanks

----------------------------------------
})i({~flutterby~ })i({

Alliance Rankings Administration
irc.Utonet.org #alliancerankings
View Public Profile Visit mdmflutterby's homepage Find more posts by mdmflutterby Add mdmflutterby to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(27-Apr-2007 at 13:39)

lightbulb Re: 1.83a1 - Contant Crashes

Yes, I will release a test version in this thread, so stay tuned. You may subscribe for thread updates.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(29-Apr-2007 at 04:33)

lightbulb Test version

Please try this test version, and let me know if it still crashes.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-May-2007 at 03:50)
Re: Test version

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
Please try this test version, and let me know if it still crashes.
Preliminary results are that the copy buffer still fills up with repeated screen grabs, but Angel doesn't crash. I'll test this version some more. When this happens, Angel starts using 100% CPU, although pressing any key (I use ctrl), Angel releases the CPU and operates normally. Quite annoying, but less annoying than the hangs where you have to use Task Manager to kill Angel.

Last edited by eylar, 01-May-2007 at 03:55.
View Public Profile Find more posts by eylar Add eylar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-May-2007 at 22:58)
Re: Test version

Angel only had to be killed once today. It continued to burn 100% CPU even after I pressed ctrl, which is the usual way I stop it. This is a definate improvement, though. Screen captures happen sporatically, but many of them in a row when it happens. I have another Clipboard monitor open to help see what's going on and its limit is 10 or so copy buffers, so it's at least that many, but I suspect it's far more than that because Angel will continue to burn 100% CPU until a key is hit. Sometimes this stops the problem for a while (10 minutes to several hours), but other times the screen captures restart immediately, and Angel continues to burn CPU.
View Public Profile Find more posts by eylar Add eylar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $12.52
(06-May-2007 at 14:43)
Has this been fixed yet?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Morieta Add Morieta to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2007 at 14:49)
Re: 1.83a1 - Contant Crashes

Constant crash here too since yesterday, can't even make it load completely.

I'm running Vista.
View Public Profile Find more posts by frostlap Add frostlap to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(06-May-2007 at 15:06)

question Re: 1.83a1 - Contant Crashes

Originally Posted by frostlap: View Post
Constant crash here too since yesterday, can't even make it load completely.

I'm running Vista.
Are you using the test version from this thread?

(07-May-2007 at 04:54)
The test version works much better for me. I'm on XP, and angel hasn't crashed since updating to the test version.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Wolffe Add Wolffe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote