Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(04-Oct-2008 at 17:07)
Race idea- Dracolisks

I know this won't be implemented and it's probably rubbish, but here goes:

Dracolisks

Related to Dragons, they have natural magic resilience and have tough troops. Their wings allow for quicker attack times and their size means they need less people to run buildings (not sure what this will be) but need more food and have less population due to their size. Their size also make them easy to catch while trying to thieve.
Elite 7/5 $1100-1200 (around)
Pros
+15% magic ops fail (against them)
-15 attack time
+10 offensive military effectiveness
Less people per building needed (for jobs)
Cons
-15% thievery effectiveness
+25% more food needed
- 10% total population

any advice or criticism is welcome

No idea of Elite name or Spec names, please come up with something!

Last edited by Fanatic39, 04-Oct-2008 at 17:15.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Oct-2008 at 17:58)
Re: Race idea- Dracolisks

Hmm what about Elite: Draconas
Def Spec: Wyvern
Att Spec: Basilisk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Oct-2008 at 18:19)

This is just scrambled together from other races. There seems to be no real idea behind it either. What does this add to the gameplay? What original, interesting strategies are possible with this one that isn't possible with the other ones?

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Oct-2008 at 18:54)

Quick attacker, and good for stopping elves's pitfalls and other annoying spells and having strong off Elite which can defend (rather like the Elf Elite in this regard)

but i quote "I know this won't be implemented and it is probably rubbish"

and, it's like having the same races repeatedly gets boring, add something else?
thanks for the feedback

Last edited by Fanatic39, 04-Oct-2008 at 19:02.
(04-Oct-2008 at 18:56)

Originally Posted by Caelis666: View Post
This is just scrambled together from other races. There seems to be no real idea behind it either. What does this add to the gameplay? What original, interesting strategies are possible with this one that isn't possible with the other ones?

It's not scrambled from other races. There is 1 bonus/con which is related to other races bonus/con.
(The dwarf con of theivery effectiveness, abeit reduced)

Last edited by Fanatic39, 04-Oct-2008 at 19:02.
(04-Oct-2008 at 19:58)
RE: Dracolisks

maybe could get rid of the less people per building needed and put in "dragons 1/2 effective" or "fireballs have no effect" (they are creatures of fire, like dragons, and are related to dragons so know how to stop/defeat them)

oh, and the - theivery effectiveness is offensive effectiveness not defensive

Last edited by Fanatic39, 04-Oct-2008 at 20:01.
(04-Oct-2008 at 20:28)

Originally Posted by Fanatic39: View Post
Quick attacker, and good for stopping elves's pitfalls and other annoying spells and having strong off Elite which can defend (rather like the Elf Elite in this regard)

but i quote "I know this won't be implemented and it is probably rubbish"

and, it's like having the same races repeatedly gets boring, add something else?
thanks for the feedback
-also it can attack normally (with more mil wage rate) from fortified, putting it at an advantage- + 10% defence bonus and normal attack? (It would be normal since in fortified, you've got a +15 attack time, which in nullified by the -15% attack time it has) retaling wouldn't be nice, exept for ambush which you can use anom for- or could be a warrior/Dracolisk, who could have extremly speedy hits, no real losses from ambush, and good defence if in fortified, and VERY stong offence in Aggressive-
I think their weakness is their economy

Last edited by Fanatic39, 04-Oct-2008 at 20:38.
(04-Oct-2008 at 20:54)
And can you imagine war? (Draco/Warr) -35% attack time, war bonus - 15% attack time
you end up with half attack time!
with the added offence per attack.... 8 attacks per day becomes possible (if unlikely)
but now it look stupidly overpowered to me.

Last edited by Fanatic39, 04-Oct-2008 at 20:57.
(04-Oct-2008 at 21:20)

https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=18574

I thought I saw something like this before
(04-Oct-2008 at 23:10)
Dracolisks

Related to Dragons, they have natural magic resilience and have tough troops. Their wings allow for quicker attack times and their size means they need less people to run buildings (not sure what this will be) but need more food and have less population due to their size. Their size also make them easy to catch while trying to thieve, and since they fly, they cannot use war horses.
Elite: Draconas 7/5 $1100-1200 (around)
Def Spec: Wyvern
Off Spec: Basilisk
Pros
+15% magic ops fail (against them)
-15% attack time
+10% offensive military effectiveness
Less people per building needed (for jobs)
Cons
-15% thievery effectiveness
+25% more food needed
- 10% total population
No warhorses.
any advice or criticism is welcome

Last edited by Fanatic39, 04-Oct-2008 at 23:11.
(04-Oct-2008 at 23:28)
Jobs Created Per Building: 25
Jobs For Max Efficiency: 67% Filled (= 16.75 pezzies)
say they only need 50% filled .. = 12.5
OR 40 % filled....................... = 10

what do you think?
(04-Oct-2008 at 23:43)
I was thinking of putting in something like "Massicres are doubly effective" or something, since they're vicious and Dragon-like
ideas?
(08-Oct-2008 at 19:44)

IMO, we don't need another attacking race. As we have now, all 6 races can be used effectively in attacking.
View Public Profile Find more posts by TennisStud Add TennisStud to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Oct-2008 at 19:51)

Originally Posted by TennisStud: View Post
IMO, we don't need another attacking race. As we have now, all 6 races can be used effectively in attacking.

good point
i'm making pure t/m race for your idea-seems overpowered to me tho