Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as DuskWolf)
(18-Dec-2011 at 07:45)
Thoughts, anyone?

Preface: I have no great love for any alliance, current utopian, or the game itself anymore. I don't play utopia anymore and don't plan on returning. I never really played because I enjoyed the game, nor was I particularly good at it. I played for the people, because I found company that I enjoyed.

Once upon a time, I was an AAer and damn proud of it. Regardless of what alliance you happen to be in or associated with, you can certainly appreciate the fact that I regarded my alliancemates as a second family, yeah? I put far too much time into toiling, trying to make AA better, doing what I could to help most everyone that carried our name into utopia.
One by one, they all left. No doubt our decline in membership was due to the decline of the game and various life problems, but oddly enough I managed to stick it out longer than most. I outlasted almost everyone, including most of the leadership, in spite of health problems, school, and a nice big steaming pile of priorities. I still made time.
I took the reigns and tried to pick up the pieces, but had it taken from me. For the purposes of not bringing biases into this, let's just say that there was a disagreement between the other remaining leadership and I. I left about 2 years ago. In my absence AA seems to have all but died, reduced to nothing but a virtually lifeless website.
Is it reasonable for this to actually upset me? I'm mostly just looking for perspective. AA was my home and family, once. I can't help but shed a tear over its death. Rightfully so?

Get that arrow away from my paw!Duskwolf is dead.

Last edited by DuskWolf, 18-Dec-2011 at 07:52.
View Public Profile Find more posts by CRUX1S Add CRUX1S to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(18-Dec-2011 at 09:44)

I felt the same way for a few organizations myself

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Dec-2011 at 13:16)

Re: Thoughts, anyone?

Originally Posted by DuskWolf: View Post
I took the reigns and tried to pick up the pieces, but had it taken from me. For the purposes of not bringing biases into this, let's just say that there was a disagreement between the other remaining leadership and I. I left about 2 years ago. In my absence AA seems to have all but died, reduced to nothing but a virtually lifeless website.
With Utopia all but dead, every old Utopian alliance website is close to being or is currently dead. It shouldn't upset you, you should just be glad it lasted as long as it did.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Dec-2011 at 03:58)

Nice to see you Dusk... miss you guys

A few still poke around here but not very often. If you go to the AA site.. the real one not Scotts hack site they still troll there. The members play many games now and a small number even play this crap. (I think)

Im into some free games some first person shooters and am trying Star wars for a bit.

AA site is in some AAers sigs.

PS Still amazed I never got perma banned here

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Dec-2011 at 07:24)

I kinda felt the same until some one I considered very very close .... as close as you can get without physically meeting that person bent me over and fucked me .....

At which point I realised that no matter how YOU feel about this online world/game/alliance we all loved ...... your really sitting in a room on your own behind a computer screen pouring precious moments of life into a black hole that wont return the time lost ......

I still play utopia

I'm not a member of any alliance be it my beloved KLA or anything else.

Those days are well and truly in the past.

I play utopia because it kills time when I'm waiting for my truck to be loaded/unloaded and my Kingdom has alot of like minded souls, similar age group, similar attitude towards utopia, its no longer a social vehicle its basically a time killer.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote