Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Digi Kid Izzy)
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:03)

I am willing to give it up for humanity's future. I'm serious, I don't care about material possesions as much as most americans. I just want to be something, to be able to love somone, hell, to be able to be loved by someone. That's what is most important to me.

Izzy is back and older than ever!
View Public Profile Visit Little Kid Izzy's homepage Find more posts by Little Kid Izzy Add Little Kid Izzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:06)

sry about it... would have said thing relating to other religions but if god is capitalized, it means the christian God so i guess i took it the wrong way. will do some research on a minority religion and post 8er

"Light travels faster than sound, so
some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak."

Middle Class Pride
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dilbert Add Dilbert to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:07)

The only reason we can believe in a god, is because we have the capacity to. Animals dont believe in a god. Most of the world are animals and insects. Do not animals have any more right to go to an after life than us?

What about beings on other planets. Did a god create them too? There is most certainly other intelligent life out there. Astronomers say there can be up to 30million Earth like planets in the universe because they discover more and more every day. God was a concept when we believed the universe rotated around us. Now that we are discovering more and more through science, God is being disproved more and more.

Life is a test and I get bad marks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:10)

I think we believe in God cause its good to have someone to believe in.

I see people that never go to church but when they have a problem they go please God help me!

Its about faith, God gives hope to many people, why take their hope of a better life away?

"You spoony bard!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheIronMaiden Add TheIronMaiden to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:30)
sad

I feel very sad for the people I see here, for your harts are hard and you refuse to see the truth, God is the scape goat for your sin, you just dont want to admit it, you are full of sin, you want to think that you are "good people" and that God could not exist because if he does then that means you must change, oh and I see one of you blaming God for slavery, killing, and a few other things, you say the christains did it all and they are bad, but I say if they did those thing then they were not Christains, they were killers. it almost makes me cry for you but when I opened this thread I knew this is what I would see, God does exist, and one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is LORD!, Jesus Died for you! he gave you a gift, all you have to do is except it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Halberd Knight Add Halberd Knight to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:35)

I do'nt need god to have hope in people.

I have the three greatest people in the world to give me hope.

My first big bwo, Morphy, for showing me that I was loveable and that I should have hope.
My second big bwo, Cody, for helping me keep the hope and showing me that I am something special.
My best friend, Ben, for being there when I needed a friend here.

These people have been here thru the long and hard path I call life. I am a scientiest, I don't believe in god. But I will not come to him in need, I will go to my own personal gods, those three up there.

View Public Profile Visit Little Kid Izzy's homepage Find more posts by Little Kid Izzy Add Little Kid Izzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:35)

Uh... your proclamation would be great except you don't have any proof that god does exist. So you can tell me a million times that god exists and Ill go to hell, but it doesn't matter. The second God shows himself to me, I'll repent my "evil" ways and according to Christian teaching hell forgive me.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:39)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Digi Kid Izzy)

I do'nt need god to have hope in people.

I have the three greatest people in the world to give me hope.

My first big bwo, Morphy, for showing me that I was loveable and that I should have hope.
My second big bwo, Cody, for helping me keep the hope and showing me that I am something special.
My best friend, Ben, for being there when I needed a friend here.

These people have been here thru the long and hard path I call life. I am a scientiest, I don't believe in god. But I will not come to him in need, I will go to my own personal gods, those three up there.

Imagine those 3 died (I really wish it never happens man), then who would give you hope.

"You spoony bard!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheIronMaiden Add TheIronMaiden to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:40)

Why does (a) God have to exist for us to believe?

I see mine everywhere I look..

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:44)

They still would. What they taught me, what they showed me. I would continue on to make them proud whereever they fuck they may after their deaths. I would live to make them proud of me, and because just konwing that they always cared for me will always give me hope to continue.

(31-Dec-2002 at 07:47)

although those aforementioned ppl may be great, i hope u do realize they r not perfect. they will have flaws, like all men

Middle Class Pride
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dilbert Add Dilbert to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:47)

He doesn't need to exist. The people in here are trying to prove he does though. God is a figure created by people. He is like the ideal person. All forgiving, loves everyone no matter what, and is so powerful he doesn't even need to think about something for it to happen. So people made this figure God for hope.

But we are debating whether he does exist or not.

(31-Dec-2002 at 07:49)

Well, that pretty cool, but imagine someone that is alone, his family died when he was a baby or something and he lives his youth with his uncle, who gives a shit about him, then who will that person believe in?

"You spoony bard!"
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:50)
god

christianity is a frichen conspiracy... and that god is bs...
View Public Profile Find more posts by kahn05 Add kahn05 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:50)

They exist in my heart (figuratively speaking of course). Its enough for me.

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:53)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Dilbert)

although those aforementioned ppl may be great, i hope u do realize they r not perfect. they will have flaws, like all men
I know they have flaws, but they will always be some of the greatest people in the world. They have kept me a life when I had a knife an inch from my heart. I don't care if they have flaws, I love them soo much. I never really had friends, I've never really been loved before. But those three showed me that I could be loved, and to believe, to believe that if I want something, that I just need to hope and that it might come true. I may sound naive, I usually don't, but I think I sound my age finally.

To Iron Maiden, that's how I grew up. I was a crack baby. I was basically with my mom who never rally gave a fuck about me. I met morph and cody online, and ben's my friend offline.

(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:53)

The only problem with Christianity, and most other organized religions, is that they try to force themselves on other people. They say I am right and you are wrong.

I could care less what someone believes. For all they know they could all be wrong.

(31-Dec-2002 at 07:54)

God is vengeful and unmerciful. jesus is the merciful part of God, i believe. cant tell u much, but some1 older christian might answer that

Middle Class Pride
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:55)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Digi Kid Izzy)

But those three showed me that I could be loved, and to believe, to believe that if I want something, that I just need to hope and that it might come true.

Thats what god is all about, have someone to believe in.

"You spoony bard!"
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:57)

That makes me feel better soo much, knowing that god is vengeful. If he exist, i'm dead

Yes Ironmaiden, but I think it is rather pathetic people have to create a fictional character to believe. I can hold these people(at least ben) I can hear them, I can touch them(again, at least ben)