Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:58)

Phoenix: Just like you could be wrong right?

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 08:01)

As God is the term to represent all 3 he can't be the vengeful one.

Life is a test and I get bad marks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 08:01)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Digi Kid Izzy)

That makes me feel better soo much, knowing that god is vengeful. If he exist, i'm dead

Yes Ironmaiden, but I think it is rather pathetic people have to create a fictional character to believe. I can hold these people(at least ben) I can hear them, I can touch them(again, at least ben)

People who believe in God think he is as real as Ben is.

"You spoony bard!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheIronMaiden Add TheIronMaiden to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 08:02)

Yes I could be wrong. But I am not forcing my beliefs on any people.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 08:05)

Could you imagine where humanity would be if people didn't believe in God or gods? Some people would find it pointless to live. If it weren't for people devoting their lives to a god many inventions would not have been created.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MontyC Add MontyC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Digi Kid Izzy)
(31-Dec-2002 at 08:08)

But that difference is that he is real. God isn't it. I can prove Ben exists. I can't prove the existance of Ben.

Izzy is back and older than ever!
View Public Profile Visit Little Kid Izzy's homepage Find more posts by Little Kid Izzy Add Little Kid Izzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 08:11)

People would not lose the will to exist if they found there was no god. That is why you have the survival instinct. A person can generally go through anything and still come back alright.

(31-Dec-2002 at 08:16)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Digi Kid Izzy)

But that difference is that he is real. God isn't it. I can prove Ben exists. I can't prove the existance of Ben.
Just out of curiousity can u prove I exist? How?
View Public Profile Find more posts by uiman Add uiman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 08:18)

How do you know God isn't real? Noone will know for sure until they die or God sends them a message. We will either go up to heaven or down to hell,maybe nothing will happen at all. By saying you believe you take that gamble of dieing and going to an afterlife(heaven,purgatory or hell) or you could have just wasted your life beleiving in somethings thats not. I rather beleive in God than to believe in nothing at all.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MontyC Add MontyC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote

Like 20 days ago or so, I had to go to work with my dad (he rents equipment for movies and commercials and things llike that, and his workers were in vacation already). When we were heading back to home (it was 11pM, after 21 hours of working) we got a flat tire. The next day was the day of the Virgen de Guadalupe, she is the religious symbol of us mexicans, and while we were changing the tire I saw hundreds of people passing, they all came from their little towns far away, they walked all day and night just to go to the church and thank God for everything they have (most of them were really poor people).

God is what makes this people go on, continue with their lives and fight, God gives them hope, hope that someday theyll have what they want and theyll be happy, because of that idea they continue fighting.

That idea they have of God is as real or even more real than any of us, and if God gives all this people hope, then I dont see whats bad about God.

"You spoony bard!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheIronMaiden Add TheIronMaiden to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Digi Kid Izzy)

I can see your post, If I lived close to you, I could meet you. I could call you on the phone. I could see you on a webcam.

Izzy is back and older than ever!
View Public Profile Visit Little Kid Izzy's homepage Find more posts by Little Kid Izzy Add Little Kid Izzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 08:19)

You are here typing.

(31-Dec-2002 at 08:57)

Wouldn't the proper way of putting it be~ You think therefore you are.

Anyways, why are so many people in this thread bashing religions as an excuse not to believe in God? The question is, "Do you believe in God?" People should answer the question as such... Whether or not you agree with every nuance of some religion or another's doctrine is not at stake. Whether or not you believe in God though... that's a much harder question for some to answer.

"We shall show mercy, but we shall not ask for it."
View Public Profile Visit The Lost Lands's homepage Find more posts by The Lost Lands Add The Lost Lands to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 09:07)

Yes but I said you can debate evidence of whether there is or isn't a god, and if the bible s correct or not.

Did anyone know that archaeologists believe that the story of Moses could not have happened. Everyone knows the story of Moses, he was born a Jewish slave and sent down the river in a basket to avoid being killed and was adopted by the family of the Pharoah. God spoke to him through a bush and told him to set free the slaves.

Well archaeologists said that they found the records for the pyramids and it turns out that there is no evidence that Egyptians held Jewish slaves. The people who built the pyramids, were actually paid egyptian laborers, not Jewish slaves who were made to believe built the pyramids for the Egyptians. So doesn't this put an end to one of the biggest Bible stories there is?

(31-Dec-2002 at 09:08)

i believe in a higher power.

However, i am also vehemently opposed to most organised religion. I don't see how anyone could believe in things that are so illogical.

my 2 cents =p

All hail the Great Snarfbiggle, Almighty Grand Vizier of the ULA!
View Public Profile Find more posts by snotzombie Add snotzombie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 10:23)
I do believe in God, although I know that many organized religions are hypocrites.

And as far as the whole archaeologist thing goes. They're not positive, it's speculation.

P.S. Did you know that earth is flat and the center of the universe? And if you sail west from europe you'll go straight to india? My point is that countless scientific "facts" have been proven false at later times, Christianity has survived over 2 millenia and changed the world more than anything else, and that can't be disputed.
View Public Profile Find more posts by chilo Add chilo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DonJuan BoD)
(31-Dec-2002 at 11:16)

smile Im A Believer

I can say that I am a Believer.

There are countless reasons why people do and dont believe in God. I follow what I've learned but I do not follow it blindly, I also follow my experiances.

I would hate to be in a world without God (Religion), I wonder how violent the world would be. If you wonder how violent some (if not most) people are without believing in God. Im not saying that all people who believe in religion are nice than everyone because that simply not true at all, but where would common kindness be?

I believe that God doesnt control our lives, he gave us all a fully functional brain that allows us to think for ourselves. The bad little things that happen to us can be either called "tests of our own instinct" or "life". God didnt make Timmy drink until he was drunk so he can crash into your dear Aunt Jamie, Timmy made Timmy drink. Same with slavery, what could God have done to stop slavery? Put his HUGE HAND down to Earth and say no? Come now...I even think thats ridiculous.

Its not God's fault, its the Damn English people who were too lazy (glutton) and decided to live off the hard work and lives of the Africans. Blame them for their actions, not God.

How about people who are born handicaped, with dieases, or become paraylied in accidents? I'll tell you that they believe in God only because they believe that one day they will be able to walk again, maybe/maybe not on earth but definitely in Heaven. Its called Faith and thats what God teaches you. That is the only thing that keep them alive considering ALL that has happened to them. I mean what does a person paralyzed from the neck down have to live for if he knows that he may never feel, touch or do anything ever again? He might as well take his own life and get it over with if he has to deal with the pain deep within the his heart when he realizes the truth? At least when he believes in God, it teachs him that he can be a still be good man in heart if he lives his life trying to help others by giving faith to those who need it. and still has something to look for.

But thats how I look at it, I see more faith in a paralized man in a wheelchair at church than a standing man posting in these forums. I dare you do look those unfortunate people in the eye and say that they are $#!% out of luck.

"Respect the one who defends his land with bravery, but honor the price he pays to fulfill his duty."
-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
PyroManiaC | [email protected] | SC2 BattleNet: DonJuan5420
View Public Profile Visit xX DonJuan Xx's homepage Find more posts by xX DonJuan Xx Add xX DonJuan Xx to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(31-Dec-2002 at 11:19)

For better or for worse though Chilo?

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 12:23)
Ok, I'm a Christian, I believe in God, and all that stuff

I believe the bible is 100% accurate, barring difficulties in translation and places where language used it metaphor.

And I just don't like the big bang theory. Too illogical:
- First there was nothing. Then it exploded -
does not go make logical sense...

I only support the idea of organised religion to a point. People should be able to gather into groups and congregations to worship, praise and discuss their God. But when you get priesthoods, monks, civil wars, people declaring holy-war on other people that cause thousands of people to go to their deaths, and the sort of thing that went on before the bible was translated into english and other languages and the priests controlled access to the Word of God... these are the points at which I believe organised religion has gone way too far.

And I agree with what Phoenix BD said you can live without a God, I see people all the time who do, they live without something they have never known, and don't have a clue how great it is...

My opinion only.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ZeroGenesis Add ZeroGenesis to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 16:14)
I dont belive in god

but something about christianity bothered me since sunday in med-evil class when my teacher told us the whole christ story (1st time I know what it is not just parts)

when jesus (while he was crucified) said "oh god why have you left me?" isnt he comitting a sin?
thinking that god has left him

I feel like putting a bullet through the head of every panda who wouldnt screw to save it's own species

DRUNKEST guy in BB<---any mod mind putting this in nice colours? (actually we do mind, so do it yourself / Naz)
View Public Profile Visit nimrod's homepage Find more posts by nimrod Add nimrod to your Buddy List Reply with Quote