Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > World of Warcraft

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Jul-2010 at 00:43)

New Talents

http://www.wowtal.com/

Might not be exactly like this in Cataclysm, I imagine Blizzard will change some things.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ has a longer, more detailed list for each class if you scroll down a bit.

I'm not sure if I like it or hate it yet, feels too simple. I also think talent tree's will tend to look even more similar for every single person than they already do.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /

Last edited by Greeney, 16-Jul-2010 at 00:44.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic21)
(26-Jul-2010 at 04:16)

Re: New Talents

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
http://www.wowtal.com/

Might not be exactly like this in Cataclysm, I imagine Blizzard will change some things.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ has a longer, more detailed list for each class if you scroll down a bit.

I'm not sure if I like it or hate it yet, feels too simple. I also think talent tree's will tend to look even more similar for every single person than they already do.
Only 41 points? ya that sucks Going to have to pick and choose what talents I want from a certain tree instead of just spamming it with points
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jul-2010 at 08:59)
The idea is also to stop cross breed specs, so if your a Priest, you must select 31 points in either Disc, Holy or Shadow - this will then determine your primary spec. The last 10 points can be where ever.

Also, with having 41 talent points, my understanding is that we will now only get a new talent point every 2 levels instead of every 1.

Quote:
I'm not so sure about this. I want to see it in effect, but there are a few things I am liking the sound of:

1) I believe they are aiming at reducing the impact of stuns, etc (in PVP I think, so you will see less of the stun locking rogues, etc).
2) With this being reduced, some of the talents that are pointless in PVE (for example the reduced stun times, etc) are being removed.

But then again, at the moment it's all conjecture really. Will see in a few months what happens.
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jul-2010 at 18:16)

Re: New Talents

Originally Posted by The Killer: View Post
The idea is also to stop cross breed specs, so if your a Priest, you must select 31 points in either Disc, Holy or Shadow - this will then determine your primary spec. The last 10 points can be where ever.
Only spec I know of that used a real cross-breed (didn't go for the bottom of the tree) was Felguard/Emberstorm for Warlock, and that was changed back when Naxx was still the progression dungeon to pure Destruction.

Quote:
Also, with having 41 talent points, my understanding is that we will now only get a new talent point every 2 levels instead of every 1.
I don't like that so much, I always felt part of the fun in levelling was that when you hit a new level you get to at least select a new talent.

Quote:
1) I believe they are aiming at reducing the impact of stuns, etc (in PVP I think, so you will see less of the stun locking rogues, etc).
Good, I love seeing Paladins or Rogues QQing in the WoW forums. >

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(13-Sep-2010 at 06:49)
I'm not sure I like it,but I think it makes sense
View Public Profile Find more posts by hammery Add hammery to your Buddy List Reply with Quote