Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > World of Warcraft

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(21-Apr-2010 at 21:35)

Mounts: Goblin & Worgen

Blizzard Employee 1: So what are we going to make Worgen mounts look like?
Blizzard Employee 2: Why don't we breed a wolf, goat, bear, and eagle and see what it looks like?
Blizzard Employee 1: Best suggestion ever!

Blizzard Employee 1: So what are we going to make Goblin mounts look like?
Blizzard Employee 2: Ummm.... ummm... That! *points to a Nintendo magazine featuring Mario Kart*

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...wpanel_011.jpg
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...wpanel_020.jpg

Yeah... Goblin wins.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /

Last edited by Greeney, 21-Apr-2010 at 21:36.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Apr-2010 at 22:10)

I don't hate the Worgen mount but I really hate vehicles in WoW.

So Worgen win by default for me.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 21-Apr-2010 at 22:11.
Edit reason: Seems kind of odd how Worgen are using the most deformed of their kin as mounts, though =|
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Apr-2010 at 22:12)

That puts my count at about 165 to 3 for Goblin.

that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-May-2010 at 14:01)
Lunor, I'm agree with you. Worgen win for me too.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nebo3 Add Nebo3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Sep-2010 at 07:30)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Looks like Worgen's aren't getting mounts after all. Instead they'll be getting a button that makes them as fast as a mount.

Quote:
Running Wild / No Worgen Mounts
This isn't a matter of saving time. The animations still had to be made in order to make this feel cool.

It's a matter of preference and creating an immersive gameplay experience. Giving the worgen a distinct creature to ride just didn't feel right, but they can still ride other mounts if they meet the criteria. Right now we're okay with the fact that this particular race is different when it comes to mounts. We feel that makes it interesting, even if the Alliance gets less racial mounts as a result. There are plenty of mounts out there and we can always add more.
Alchemists are getting crazy awesome mounts where they'll be able to transform and fly one person on their back.

Horde guilds are getting a sexy scorpion mount, alliance guilds are getting an ugly lion.

Not related, but there's also going to be an option to Return to Graveyard while dead.

that can be fixed... /
Global Moderator
(23-Sep-2010 at 15:37)

Re: Mounts: Goblin & Worgen

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Looks like Worgen's aren't getting mounts after all. Instead they'll be getting a button that makes them as fast as a mount.

Alchemists are getting crazy awesome mounts where they'll be able to transform and fly one person on their back.

Horde guilds are getting a sexy scorpion mount, alliance guilds are getting an ugly lion.

Not related, but there's also going to be an option to Return to Graveyard while dead.
Ugly Lion mount? wot?

The alliance mount looks vastly superior. And I can imagine the evilness of alchemist mounts dismounting midair/levitating.

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Sep-2010 at 16:17)

Re: Mounts: Goblin & Worgen

Originally Posted by Swifty: View Post
Ugly Lion mount? wot?

The alliance mount looks vastly* superior. And I can imagine the evilness of alchemist mounts dismounting midair/levitating.
I agree with Swifty on this one. Only Horde Scum would pick something as evil as a giant scorpion as a mount.

Im glad the Worgen aren't getting a mount to be honest because the one they designed was UG-LY!

As for the alchemists new mount form, they will probably implement some sort of parachute system should his passenger fail to pay for his ticket.

*And of course by vastly he obviously means the exact opposite. Seriously a lion was the best they could come up with?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote