Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > World of Warcraft

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(16-Apr-2007 at 08:37)

How to get a more active WoW forum?

I think the WoW forum here is great, and I'm glad we have it, but it seems it is not very active - not even the people posting a lot in the "WoW Rocks!"-thread post here much, as I had expected.

So now I am asking all the users of the forum:
Do you have any ideas how we can make the forum more active?

It can be several things, like ways to "recruit" more people here, or events to make the forum more fun (oh I just thought of something, a screenshot competition! ).

Good ideas very welcome!
(this is like the "help me help you"-thread, but only for the WoW forum)

- Soss

Hmmmm... I think I need a new signature
View Public Profile Visit Sossy's homepage Find more posts by Sossy Add Sossy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Apr-2007 at 09:26)

I don't play WOW but I have suggestions:

1. Make a clan and direct clan members here, saying that these are clan headquarters.

2. Advertise to newbies above a certain level to register and post in a thread to get a free money bonus (don't know how rich you are). And tell them this is a great help forum.

3. Learn programming and make a WOW Angel (unrealistic ) and ask BG to host it.

4. Host WOW mafia?

Really, you gotta do something creative and unique that no other WOW forum has done.

Last edited by dennis0, 16-Apr-2007 at 09:27.
Edit reason: added mafia
View Public Profile Find more posts by dennis0 Add dennis0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Former Global Moderator)
Research Group
(16-Apr-2007 at 10:24)

I dunno, it might be fun to make a UT clan on some server...has anyone given any thought to that? I know we all play on different continents, but hey, it might be worth a shot. I'd be down..

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
There are two important rules for sucess in life.
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(16-Apr-2007 at 13:26)

I tried that... went down like a lead balloon

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(16-Apr-2007 at 13:51)

Wasnt there like.. 2 different UT guilds even?
Anywho, I wouldnt be joining, since I have no intention of leveling a new alt, I have ONE guy I play, and thats enough
Regarding the activity question.. I dont know. We just have to hope that some more active posters start playing WoW

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(16-Apr-2007 at 15:14)

It seems to me that the amount of time people spend on UT and the amount of time that they play WoW is inversely proportional. Are there successful WoW forums out there?

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(16-Apr-2007 at 15:44)

Other than the official forums, theres a few wow forums like Allakhazam etc... most of them offer some kind of service to the game... much like Angel did for Utopia

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(16-Apr-2007 at 19:55)

It isn't easy to make a UT guild because not only are we all on different continents, but also on different servers.

We had one in the start, and it worked okay since the game was new, and it was easy to just sign up on the same server as the rest, but now everyone who plays have their own "wow life", and I bet most aren't willing to move servers.

Sure, we could all make 1 alt on the same server and thus start over, but would we play that character actively? I doubt it :-/

View Public Profile Visit Sossy's homepage Find more posts by Sossy Add Sossy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Apr-2007 at 20:11)

Most of the users here are from Europe and Asia and use different forums then the N. American users so that doesnt help much..

As far as ideas... Perhaps if someone was a good writer and was able to right stories from in game experience. ie....

My Mage Whatsamage goes to MC... a story based on that run using other characters as filler ect....

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(17-Apr-2007 at 08:41)

Yeah I was thinking about something like that, a bit of blog-like could be fun. In my guild we had a rogue who liked to roleplay a lot, so he was of course a big mafioso and made diaries on our forum, it's pretty fun.

About recruiting new people to the forum.. could be handy if someone on servers other than the european ones could advertise a bit as well?

(Posted as Brizahd)
(17-Apr-2007 at 14:41)

Maybe change WoW forum to MMO forum? I personally am more interested in upcoming mmos like Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer online, and the far off Warhammer 40,000 mmo.

You can still talk WoW in an mmo forum, but can we talk about non WoW mmos here?

Last edited by Brizahd, 17-Apr-2007 at 14:44.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Maelstraum Add Maelstraum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(17-Apr-2007 at 15:11)

screenshots for nice things, but videos for battles are great, some of my friend's pvp is like omg did he just kill 3 guys. You guys should vs him, his really good. (at pvping).
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(17-Apr-2007 at 19:40)

I never have, and probably never will play WoW, but maybe have a sort of Role Playing aspect, like Sossy has suggested already.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(18-Apr-2007 at 08:31)

Well an active WoW guild needs like 40+ active players?
What about recruiting all your active friends and migrating together?
It's a big step to take but it could work and all new players would probably join this forum too.

After all it's a very active and cozy forum alltogether.

~ŠeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Apr-2007 at 22:29)

Re: How to get a more active WoW forum?

Originally Posted by NeoDeGenero: View Post
screenshots for nice things, but videos for battles are great, some of my friend's pvp is like omg did he just kill 3 guys. You guys should vs him, his really good. (at pvping).

I loved taking screen shots and posting them on my site.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(19-Apr-2007 at 10:04)

I always forget to take screenies when we do battle.. I'm kinda caught up in the fighting

(19-Apr-2007 at 15:07)

I started playing WoW a few months ago (thus I haven't been to UT in months). In the summer I have dial up though and I don't know if WoW is operable under a slow (24k kbps) connection. If it is or I can get high-speed (unlikely), I would definitely be interested in helping get a UT guild started.

Last Member of the Church of Valek
-------------------------------------
Insert something witty here.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -John Paul Jones
View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Apr-2007 at 00:37)

Originally Posted by Sossy: View Post
I always forget to take screenies when we do battle.. I'm kinda caught up in the fighting
Well my priest usually lets me die so I have plenty of time to take pics...
with no fault of my own mind you

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(21-Apr-2007 at 16:10)

Originally Posted by Dead Canaanite: View Post
I started playing WoW a few months ago (thus I haven't been to UT in months). In the summer I have dial up though and I don't know if WoW is operable under a slow (24k kbps) connection. If it is or I can get high-speed (unlikely), I would definitely be interested in helping get a UT guild started.
TBH I'm not sure how well WoW will run on dial up

(23-Apr-2007 at 17:11)

Originally Posted by Sossy: View Post
TBH I'm not sure how well WoW will run on dial up

Yea the lag got bad sometimes on DSL

Never Forget

September 11, 2001