Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > World of Warcraft

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(18-Jun-2010 at 12:44)

Druids get Bear Form at level 10, that's where the real Druidic power starts. Although level 20, with Cat Form, that's when leveling becomes pretty awesome. Cat Form + heals = awesome

And pickpocket can only be used while you are stealthed and standing next to a humanoid. It usually nets you some copper or a lockbox with some random trinket. It's cute, but it's not spectacular.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jun-2010 at 13:30)

Yea pickpocket is cute and I did it once or twice. On the alliance side there is 1 or 2 quests you actually need it.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(18-Jun-2010 at 15:27)

It used to be a little more useful as it dropped reagants that were required in order to use certain abilities. But it no longer does. Pickpocket is pretty much useless other than to get money or poisons.

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic21)
(19-Jun-2010 at 22:21)

Is it me or is it really easier for the Horde to level up faster than the alliance? From start to level 10 of thereabouts...Thats the distinct feeling I am getting.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Jun-2010 at 23:00)

I go both ways but I agree it is easier as horde

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(19-Jun-2010 at 23:11)

Depends entirely on what race you play as. Some starting zones are better than others.

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jun-2010 at 02:27)

Finally made a Blood Elf?

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Æ
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jun-2010 at 02:35)

Re: How do I get into World of Warccraft?

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
Finally made a Blood Elf?
So you go both ways as well

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
(Posted as Celtic21)
(20-Jun-2010 at 04:52)

Originally Posted by Swifty: View Post
Depends entirely on what race you play as. Some starting zones are better than others.
Tried most races now. Human, Dwarves, Night Elf, Tauren, Undead.

I refuse to play gnome since i cant take a race that short seriously =P
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jun-2010 at 19:45)
Good choice in not making a Gnome
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jun-2010 at 04:53)

My WoW story goes something like this. My sister and her boyfriend got me into it. It was recommended I make a hunter as a first easy class to learn with. It was recommended I choose a horde race so they could help me out. I made a draenei mage.

When I started racking up talent points, it was suggested I put them in fire or arcane specs. Fire, I was told, would be easier to level faster solo. Arcane, I was told, would do the most damage if I got my mage to the higher levels. I happily placed those points in the frost mage tree.

You have to find the class(es) you enjoy playing regardless of what other people say. The best advice I ever got was to try every class out to about lvl 20ish. At that point, I feel you will know whether you will enjoy continuing to level that class or not. So I'm very glad to see you are trying out all different types of classes.

Never have been much of a melee player personally. So my two favorite classes are mage and priest.

“Conversation should be pleasant without scurrility, witty without affectation, free without indecency, learned without conceitedness, novel without falsehood” ~ William Shakespeare
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lilydaze Add Lilydaze to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2010 at 23:07)

My first character ever was a Human Warrior on the Norgannon server, whom I had created before Burning Crusade was released. I got him to lvl 41 before my rl friends wanted to go Horde on a PvP server. Then I rerolled a Troll Shaman on Lethon, where I got to 70. Shortly thereafter, we got a few more rl friends to play and a brother of one friend was in a fairly well-established guild on Andorhal (Andorlawl to those who play on the realm), so we rerolled once again, only this time we were back on the Alliance side. I rolled a Gnome Mage (in b4 lolGnome). We got to 70 and began our raiding of Kharazan and Gruul's Lair.

I had to quit playing about a week before Wrath was released, and stopped playing for about 6 months thereafter. When I came back, I managed to get myself back on Andorhal and made the long crawl to lvl 80.

Since I started playing I've played every class and every race. Every class has something different to bring to the table.

If you ever decide to pursue this game further, I'd recommend taking up two gathering professions (herbalism, skinning, or mining). However, having two gathering professions takes up quite a bit of space. I find it worth the little extra trouble since the money you could make selling the materials you gather can add up rather quickly. I typically take up mining/skinning for the stat bonuses you get for leveling them to their max for their expertise level. Skinning gives you bonuses to critical hits, Mining gives you bonuses to stamina, and Herbalism gives you a fairly decent (from what I've heard) HoT (Heal over Time) ability. Ores and Leather tend to sell more quickly on the Auction House than Herbs (at least from my experiences).

Refusal to comprimise only succeeds in driving the devil's bargain. However, when one comprimises one's morals, they become the devil's bargain.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Blind Seer Add Blind Seer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic21)
(24-Jun-2010 at 17:36)

Today was the end of my 10 day trial which is a bit disapointing because the battle chest i ordered on monday still hasnt arrived (WoW+ Burning Crusade & strat guides) but none the less it was a fun expierence and hopefully ill be able to waste more hours of boredom playing this game

Any was for a few more of my expierences as a first time player:

Night Elf Rogue - I liked the pure combat side of things but the Night Elf isnt really suited going toe-to-toe in combat. More of a combat class. Which is all fine and dandy unless your playing alone I liked the ability to stealth but overall this wasnt one of my favourite classes (most likely because i was playing alone)

Undead Warlock - I picked this combo simply because one of my fave comic characters is Richard from Looking for Group (a pretty awesome comic from the creator of Least I could Do). Warlock was a pretty enjoyable class to play. The minion was helpful to take damage for me and the undead ability to eat corpses and regain health quickly came in handy. The duration spells were pretty cool I thought but maybe because I prefer long-term strategic fights to quick smash and bash ones. When my game finally arrives I might make an undead warlock as a proper character

Dwarf Hunter - I know I was told Hunters are pretty stupid but I wanted to try out some more combat classes. I actually found the Hunter to be pretty cool. The range attacks came in handy for softening a target up before they got to me but I found the melee of this class to be weak (again maybe down to my n00bness) but overall found it to be pretty enjoyable. Got to the taming pets part before i decided to go to sleep and never came back but the pets seem to come in handy (for the whole 10 mins I used them)

Troll Shaman - Wanted to give the elemental class a chance just to see what it was like. I found the Trolls racial advantage was handy as a spellcaster and the shamans ability to summon totems pretty cool. The ability top use a a shield (first time up to this point) was so so so so so so cool. Pops my defence up another 70 points and Im a happy camper I liked troll shaman better then other combos but I would have said its me favourite.

Also a question for everyone:
Any point in getting a profession or two or is it just a waste of time? I tried mining on my dwarf for a bit but felt I didnt try it for long enough to form a proper opinion
Global Moderator
(24-Jun-2010 at 19:07)

Originally Posted by Celtic21: View Post
Also a question for everyone:[/color] Any point in getting a profession or two or is it just a waste of time? I tried mining on my dwarf for a bit but felt I didnt try it for long enough to form a proper opinion
Profs are pretty vital.

The gathering profs on their own won't have any real benefit (other than to raise the other profs or to sell for money), but the others are all unique and have different perks (i.e creating armour, providing potions, adding stat values to items, etc).

Usually the profs are tailored to certain classes, i.e. cloth users benefit most from tailoring. While others like engineering are generic.

(24-Jun-2010 at 21:34)

Secondary Professions
These aren't necessary, first aid is useful at times (particularly for classes like mages and warriors that have no self heal). Cooking isn't really useful until level 80 if you max it out, Fishing isn't particularly useful except to help a bit with cooking.

Gathering Professions (moneymaking)
Mining - Best profession for making money, increase in stamina (max of 60)

Herbalism - Second best profession for making money, gives an extra self heal

Skinning - Easiest profession in the game, sells decently, increases critical strike chance slightly

Stat enhancing professions
Jewelcrafting - Not so useful at early levels, but probably the most useful profession at high levels for any class, can make lots of money on tips making gems for people.

Enchanting - Gives nice bonuses on gear, pain in the ass to level up, make decent amount of money on tips

Engineering - Can make cool stuff that's costly and time consuming, but tends to sell well and can be very fun. Some fun and useful self abilities (i.e. rocket-boots)

Tailoring - Very good for cloth wearing classes (mage/warlock/priest) to make better gear, rarely make money on tips, but very easy to level

Leatherworking - Good for leather and mail classes (hunter/shaman/druid/rogue), can make a few other useful things that sell alright

Blacksmithing - Good for plate classes (DK/Paladin/Warrior), not the best for making money, allows you to make an extra slot for an extra gem on a belt, can add an extra slot to your own gloves and bracers

Alchemy - Makes good money, flasks you use will last twice as long

Inscription - Makes glyphs for people, sells pretty nicely, gives you a good shoulder enchant at high levels

If you get - I highly recommend
Jewelcrafting - Mining
Blacksmithing - Mining
Engineering - Mining
Alchemy - Herbalism
Inscription - Herbalism
Leatherworking - Skining
Tailoring - Anything
Enchanting - Anything

If you want to have tons of gold I recommend (big slot bags)
Mining/Skinning
Herbalism/Skinning
Don't go Mining/Herbalism, it's a big pain in the ass to track both at the same time.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Æ
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Jun-2010 at 21:41)

The gathering professions, as I have mentioned above, do give you a small stat boost depending on what gathering prof you take up. Whenever I'm starting fresh on a new realm, I tend to pick up Mining and Skinning as my professions to easily make money, since crafting professions tend to get a bit expensive later on. By the time I'm ready to make a second character, I have some money and a few materials stashed away for improving the other.

Hunters are supposed to have weak melee skills. The bulk of their damage comes from their ranged and pet attacks. A Hunter's melee skills (Wing Clip, Mongoose Strike, Raptor Strike, etc.) are just there as a means of doing a bit of extra damage to targets in melee range while trying to get out of range of their attacks.

Shamans are fun. My first level 70 character in BC was a Troll Shaman. I leveled as Enhancement, but went restoration at around level 64 to heal my friends during our runs through dungeons.

I don't have too much experience with Rogues (as my highest level Rogue is 34 atm), but from what I've experienced, they can be quite fun, especially in PvP combat.

Warlocks are interesting as well. I can't say much about them either, since I haven't spent much time playing as one. When I played one (to level 28), I had problems with mana management. I know, I know, there's Life Tap, but I didn't care much for leaving myself with little health, as the Life Drain spell took quite a bit of time to refill it, and seeing as I was on a PvP server, I didn't like leaving myself vulnerable to enemy attack (whether it was from an NPC or an enemy player). However, this was a long time ago, before the recent patches made it easier to regen mana, so I'll eventually give it another go.

Refusal to comprimise only succeeds in driving the devil's bargain. However, when one comprimises one's morals, they become the devil's bargain.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Blind Seer Add Blind Seer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote