Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $0.52
(27-Apr-2002 at 18:28)

sad school massacre in germany!

I don't know, if anyone heard of it already, but I think many did, at last as a side note. In germany, all news are full with it.
For the rest, I'll report this incident:
Yesterday a boy, aged 19, who failed A-Levels 2 times and were thrown out of school, has killed 17 people in a school.
13 of them were teachers, 2 pupils, a secretary and a policeman. After that, he killed himself.
He was armed with a pistol and a shotgun, and had hidden ammo in school before.
It seems that he was in 2 shooting clubs and had a weaponry license. (is this a real term?)

It seemes, that both of his parents are very sucessful in their jobs and are divorced.
In school he was quite bad, but just because he was kinda lazy. He was quite popular at other pupils and was something like the class-clown.
Police already searched his room for anything suspicious, like anything related to nazis. Anyway, the medias seemed a little bit disappointed about that fact!

The medias say, that his main motive was revenge, cause he was thrown out of school and got bad grades, so that his anger for teachers (his main victims) raised.
For me it seems, that he just wanted to get recognition. It seems, that he was neglected by his parents, who just cared for their careers, leaving him alone.
That he was thrown out of school was just that, what put him into an unstoppable rage...
What I fear now, is that they'll put the blame onto computer games and horror movies, even if they didn't find anything like that.

Firemage
chief-smiler and leader of the smily-lover alliance ^__^
I once thought "The girl of my dreams is somewhere out there". Now I know where she lives!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Firemage Add Firemage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Apr-2002 at 18:46)
sad

yeha it's sad that he did that

I heard about in the news
wasent on the headlines (got bigger stuff here for ourselves)

it's really sad what the media is doing

and also sad what his parents did

I feel like putting a bullet through the head of every panda who wouldnt screw to save it's own species

DRUNKEST guy in BB<---any mod mind putting this in nice colours? (actually we do mind, so do it yourself / Naz)
View Public Profile Visit nimrod's homepage Find more posts by nimrod Add nimrod to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Apr-2002 at 22:34)
sad

I think this is the worst school shooting since Colombine right?

After Columbine schools everywhere were closing at the slightist hint of danger, and most of them have metal detectors now.

...Researching fire-proof peasants...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Karamazov Add Karamazov to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Apr-2002 at 20:42)
I dont understand why there arent more shootings

it isnt hard to get guns inside school

I feel like putting a bullet through the head of every panda who wouldnt screw to save it's own species

DRUNKEST guy in BB<---any mod mind putting this in nice colours? (actually we do mind, so do it yourself / Naz)
View Public Profile Visit nimrod's homepage Find more posts by nimrod Add nimrod to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(30-Apr-2002 at 22:49)

Nimrod, are you serious?

Maybe you are talking about your own country.

In Germany, it's quite hard to get weapons, at least I wouldn't know, where to get them. Not even legally!

And actually, you can also kill people with knives very well...

As a matter of fact, this guy actually GOT them legally. He joined that shooting club just for getting that license, and that was about a year ago! It seemed that he already planned the massacre at that stage...
So that he was thrown out of school was not the real reason for that...

Some additional things, that is known now:
His parents didn't know anything. They thought , he would get his A-levels. His mother even wished him luck, just before he started the massacre.
Also, he certainly searched only for teachers as his victims, the 2 pupils he killed, were something like an accident actally. It was just, that they barricaded themselves together with some others. He wanted to get in to search for a certain teacher, but he couldn't get in, so he just shot through the door.

Another one: they really found something in his room yet: Counter-Strike, and music from a heavy-metal band (In one of those songs something like that can be found "Kill your teachers with a pumpgun!", at least I've heard that)
. Of course some people put now the blames on that. But luckily not all.

Politicians now discuss, if they should make Laws on weapons stricter, or if they should put adulthood from now 18 to 21 years (what a nonsense in my opinion).
The only thing, they could do is, to let those, who want to get weapons, first take a psycological test.

I really want to know, what made this guy so desperate to kill every teacher, he sees and, after that, himself...

Firemage
I once thought "The girl of my dreams is somewhere out there". Now I know where she lives!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Firemage Add Firemage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RuNeFiRe X)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(02-May-2002 at 12:45)

Quote:
Another one: they really found something in his room yet: Counter-Strike, and music from a heavy-metal band (In one of those songs something like that can be found "Kill your teachers with a pumpgun!", at least I've heard that)
. Of course some people put now the blames on that. But luckily not all.
IS this the same case?

Cause I heard they tried to blame it on the fact he played violent games, but when the police searche his house they found no games of the sort.

And my point of view. Games like Counter-Strike do not in anyway cause violence in anyway. Or whatever it is these people who try to blame it on such games say.

But more of that to come if need be

º»ºThe Kittens of Playfulnessº«º
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
º»ºSilvreWolf My love, I am yoursº«º
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-May-2002 at 21:31)
counter-strike?

maybe it's one of the most famous PC games in the world currently so he bought it!

and music?
oh comonnnnnn
it's like blaiming rocky horror picture movies for turning ppl into homosexuals transexuals etc.

STUPID

well here where I liveI dont know how to get guns but
things that are lethal none the same

throwing knives
molotov coctails (I.E. alchohol or gas)
sword
a pistol that shoots rubber bullets
but if you put metal pieces in it
well you know...

actually making a masacrre in a school is very very easy!

luckily most ppl are sane (in a way)

(Posted as RuNeFiRe X)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(03-May-2002 at 09:07)

Counter-Strike is a Half-Life Modulation (Mod). It basically consists of 2 teams, the Terrorists and the Counter-Terrorists, who fight against each other to win each map.

Within each map are objects like rescuing hostages, assassinating a player or blowing up a bomb site.

Good vs Bad basically.

Could be Nimrod.. numerous reasons why it could be there, but he must have liked that sort of thing to buy it in the first place

But such games dont cause people to be violent in anyway. It doesnt teach people to kill (Who didnt already know a shot to the head will kill?) and how to use real life weapons.

This guy in Germany was a trained marksman who had serious problems. No games caused such a thing, just a bad course of events that made him do what he did.

Only he can be blamed. And maybe the people who gave him the weapons.

º»ºThe Kittens of Playfulnessº«º
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
º»ºSilvreWolf My love, I am yoursº«º
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(03-May-2002 at 23:00)

Here in Germany, they are discussing now, if they should make it even harder, to watch ANYTHING with violent contents. This means they would only show movies like Blade beyond 11 p.m. Not talking about games! You actually can't get most violent games under the age of 18 here even now!

AND, what are they showing in the news? Lots of violence...
Wars, massacres, catastrophes, terrorism and so on. Do they want to prohibit them also?

All that won't change anything!

As I said, this guy got his weapon legally, they should really make psychological tests first, before you could get a weapon...
And there must have been wrong with him for a long time. Just sad, that no one noticed it, not even his family as it seems. He just couldn't speak to anyone, no one told him how to do so obviously...
We have a phrase here, that goes something like that: "An indian don't feel any pain". It's told mainly small boys, who cried. Maybe that was told to him once too often...

Firemage
(04-May-2002 at 04:03)

There's always been one real thing about school shootings and things like them that severely disgusts me; The desperate search for something to blame it on. They blamed Columbine on Marilyn Manson, they're blaming the Germany shooting on video games, it's all a load of garbage. TV shows might influence little kids, but by the time a person reaches their teenage years, they know the difference between right and wrong, and listening to violent music or playing violent video games will not make you violent. It might do that to little kids, but once you're past 14 or 15, there's no a chance in hell you don't understand right and wrong. I wish the media would just back off for a change, realize that there are screwed up people out there, and quit making such a big deal about it, all they are doing is giving other mentally unstable persons out there ideas.

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-May-2002 at 12:26)
well I thought that germany is one of the more socialy free countries in Europe

isnt it?

Donated $2.39
(04-May-2002 at 12:31)

until then i thought USA would be the only country to have school shootings.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Marchos Add Marchos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-May-2002 at 15:27)
well considering the USA general society

and how they treat echother

I wouldnt be surprised if there would be a "americans are the dominant race" movement that will kill all none-americans

it's a country that cannot control it's citizens

I know many americans lots of whom I dont keep in contact since they are racsists
or physcos etc.

but Europe is considered civliesed

Donated $0.52
(04-May-2002 at 17:00)

I think this massacres have all to do with a downfall of society.
Many people have forgotten how to talk about their problems.
On reason for this could be, that here are many families, where both, father and mother, are working. In germany this situation is happening in more and more families, and the number of those families will even rise further over the years. As far, as I know, the situation in america is about the same...

Firemage
(04-May-2002 at 18:52)

God damn, Nimrod, do you ever pull your head out of your own ass? I am not the most patriotic person in the world, there are several things about my country that I openly disagree with, but you take the cake. You spout out idiotic babble about how evil the Americans are, how we are brainwashed, etc. You say we are hateful in the US, well guess what, buddy? Your own country is run by the equivilent of the Ku Klux Klan. Your government has killing done in it's name, which causes more killing, in a never-ending cycle. And people like you just swallow whatever your goverment says, believing it totally. I don't think poorly of Isrealites, but god damn, if all Isrealites are like you, I hope the Palestinians win.

If you think that there are racists and psychos only in America, I think these killings in Germany prove that hatred knows no boundries. As a matter of fact, I'd say America is one of the more peaceful countries, at least in our inner society. Our government has a tendency to stick their noses where they don't belong, and sometimes a psychotic hategroup from Wyoming does something, but hate groups are the minority, Germany has more of a problem with Neonazis than we do with hate groups. Most Americans care about others, a Japanese guy who was recently visiting around here was amazed on how polite Americans were on a whole, that we care about others almost as a unconcious trait, we don't want doors to slam in eachother's faces not because of anything our government or history has told us is "Proper Manners", we don't want doors to slam in eachother's faces simply because we care for eachother's wellbeing, and don't wish them harm.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-May-2002 at 21:21)
this is what im talking about

american being social?

comon man face it

the % of racial browls in the US compared to the % in israel
is HUGE!

adn my goverment?
I hate my goverment?
I go t demonstrations whenever there are against my goverment
I wish there would be a good civil war here in israel to overthrow my stupid goverment!

and I didnt say ONLY in america

I only said that when a person thinks of serial killers racsists and the likes they dont look at England or france or germany
they directly talk about the US
and yes this is a stereotype
but not all stereotypes are lies

serial killers in the US? yes
israel? no

racial riots between american citizens? yes
israeli? no

lisaten man this is a stupid fight and I'm not saying thats it's bad or anything im just saying that compared to Europe
the US is considered a "socialy-unstable" country

I think those are the ords
but I'm not sure

but back on topic

firemage-I dont think you should bnlame only the parents

if the kid has friends bad or good influance
he wont become phyco and start killing ppl

the parents are that imoprtant

both of my parents work
my dad untill recently worked from 6AM to 10PM
my mom is free-lance but still is away a lot of the time

but I have friends so I dont mind mt parents are working hard

but it's society itself
that ppl wont accept the diffrent
or the poor
or if the guy wears quicksilver or oniell

aint the parents fault

(04-May-2002 at 23:58)

Nimrod, is English your first language? If it isn't, you have an excuse, if it isn't,,,,,

(05-May-2002 at 15:59)
do not change the subject

if you have nothing relevant to say
OR you sdimply cant take the "heat"

dont post

and no it isnt

Donated $0.52
(05-May-2002 at 16:27)

Nimrod is from israel. Read more of his posts before you blame him Sygnal, he said it several times.

Nimrod has actually some good points.
It's more that there is something wrong with society overall. But if you think about it, parents make the main part of education. Education is a main part in forming a character. And if parents are not there often, who will do their parts? Friends? Teachers? I don't think so...
Friends don't set rules, what to do, and what not, like parents could do. And teachers... They can't do anything at all.

Germany has something like the highest unemployment rate în western europe. Especially many young and old people are unemployed. Maybe you have to put that into account also
(05-May-2002 at 17:48)

Why is everyone so anxious to assign blame? Ever considered the possiblity that the person in question was simply chemically imbalanced?