Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as polopso)
(03-Jul-2006 at 02:01)

New Guide

they need to make a new guide just for gen, cause all the newbies are gonna be confused as hell when they read about personalities and they never chose one.
View Public Profile Find more posts by mallreeyyss Add mallreeyyss to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(03-Jul-2006 at 04:37)

I don't think that the personality thing warrants a new guide. I mean, how hard is it just to ignore the Personalities bit? It's almost the same anyway. And that's why there are experienced players out there, to teach the newer ones. We've also got Pip Squeek at UT, so I see no problem

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(04-Jul-2006 at 05:45)

alex, i think his referring about that the guide to Gen is alot harder to find than the guide to the normal server. =)
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jul-2006 at 09:49)
It's really confusing when there is no proper guide for genesis. Newbies might end up using the worng guide and having the wrong concept in the game. Maybe should just make the genesis guide more visble.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Banner10 Add Banner10 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.24
(06-Jul-2006 at 10:19)

It isn't that hard, most people who play Gen are experienced and are playing/have played on WoL before. Also, if they want to play on Gen the least they could do is read the changes

caution: this post may appear more intelligent and insightful than it actually is
all posts made by the above person should be considered a direct insult to your intelligence
if you don't like what we tell you to believe in, we'll kill you - President George Bush

Last edited by Duo Maxwell, 06-Jul-2006 at 10:23.
View Public Profile Visit Duo Maxwell's homepage Find more posts by Duo Maxwell Add Duo Maxwell to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jul-2006 at 10:26)
Re: New Guide

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell:
It isn't that hard, most people who play Gen are experienced and are playing/have played on WoL before. Also, if they want to play on Gen the least they could do is read the changes
But we must not forget that there are also newbies joining the server.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Banner10 Add Banner10 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.24
(06-Jul-2006 at 10:30)

Originally Posted by Banner10:
But we must not forget that there are also newbies joining the server.
If they don't care enough to spend 5 minutes of their time to read the rules of the server then why should anyone goto the effort of explaining it to them? Newbie or not.

caution: this post may appear more intelligent and insightful than it actually is
all posts made by the above person should be considered a direct insult to your intelligence
if you don't like what we tell you to believe in, we'll kill you - President George Bush

Last edited by Duo Maxwell, 06-Jul-2006 at 10:31.
View Public Profile Visit Duo Maxwell's homepage Find more posts by Duo Maxwell Add Duo Maxwell to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jul-2006 at 16:32)

Agreed. If you're going to play and want to understand, you should take the time to read what you need to know. It's not like you have to do an immense amount of digging or something. The Genesis description page tells you everything you need to know about how the game is different from The Guide. Anyone who can't make an effort to read that certainly doesn't deserve special treatment.

Dual champions in Football and Basketball! Go Gators!

Welcome to The Swamp, where only Gators get out alive.
View Public Profile Visit zeegs's homepage Find more posts by zeegs Add zeegs to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jul-2006 at 21:56)

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell:
If they don't care enough to spend 5 minutes of their time to read the rules of the server then why should anyone goto the effort of explaining it to them? Newbie or not.
thats exactly why new players leave

ya could at least help them out a little, espically if they havent even played on wol

may it end like it begun, and begin like it ended
im taking over the rep system, one rep point at a time!
View Public Profile Find more posts by chargeo1 Add chargeo1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jul-2006 at 22:12)

Originally Posted by chargeo1:
thats exactly why new players leave

ya could at least help them out a little, espically if they havent even played on wol
If a new player is going to leave because I won't babysit him and hold his hand, then good riddance, the game doesn't need players like that. If he wants to take five minutes to get himself somewhat educated and ask me intelligent questions, I'll bend over backwards to help him grow into a better player. It's all about attitude. People asking for a guide for Genesis generally don't have the right attitude, so I have no sympathy for them. If someone wants to learn how to fish, I will happily teach him. If he wants me to give him fish, I'm going to throw him in and see if he can swim.

Dual champions in Football and Basketball! Go Gators!

Welcome to The Swamp, where only Gators get out alive.
View Public Profile Visit zeegs's homepage Find more posts by zeegs Add zeegs to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jul-2006 at 02:23)

Originally Posted by zeegs:
If a new player is going to leave because I won't babysit him and hold his hand, then good riddance, the game doesn't need players like that. If he wants to take five minutes to get himself somewhat educated and ask me intelligent questions, I'll bend over backwards to help him grow into a better player. It's all about attitude. People asking for a guide for Genesis generally don't have the right attitude, so I have no sympathy for them. If someone wants to learn how to fish, I will happily teach him. If he wants me to give him fish, I'm going to throw him in and see if he can swim.
If up to individual, whether if they want to lend a helping hand to those who are new. Pointing to them the guides and helping them will aid them to grow much better than letting them pick up themself. You have been once a newbie too, and if you are in their shoes, would you think the same as now?
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(07-Jul-2006 at 07:41)

sorry, i still think some of you guyz are missing my point
what i meant was ,the normal guide stands out so much in the main pages.
the Gen guide is like completly hidden. Also the main guide doesn't give an direct link to the Gen guide, nor does it say, This is only for WoL.

The gen guide can only be vaguely found by clicking on a line of text when you attempt to log into Gen server.
Then there is a link to the Gen Guide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pip Squeek)
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(09-Jul-2006 at 07:45)

right and this may also be helpfull...http://www.utopiatemple.com/content.php?id=guides
View Public Profile Visit Zequovixway's homepage Find more posts by Zequovixway Add Zequovixway to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(10-Jul-2006 at 14:02)

Quote:
Utopia Angel Help
Mostly outdated, but still useful
lol
hmm, Pip, want to edit that section?