Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Old Sud
(Posted as Sir Gruntnut)
(27-May-2003 at 19:43)

New Race-Shadow

I was messing around and got a little to much time on m y hands, so i got bored, and made this very quickly, dont judge like this is serious, i am just foolin around.

New Race- Shadows

Advantages:

Prisoners return after attacking with them
Double dungeon effetiveness
+15% Max Pop ( come on, there shadows, small and efficient )
+15% Income
+10% catch enemie thieves
Disadvantages:

( dont know if should be disadvantage or advantage ):For food, they eat 20% runes
Soldiers take no part in defensive or offensive combat
Cannot use mercanaries.

Spirits-4 Defence
Cannibles-4 Offence
Necromancers ( Elite ) 6 Offence,5 Defence

Mercanaires theselves are scared of these beings. There own thieves lie in the shadows, and gaurd there lands freom enemie thieves fiercely.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sud Add Sud to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as illuvata)
Donated $1.88
(27-May-2003 at 19:52)
so, they never loose prisoners?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Illuvatar Add Illuvatar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Sud
(Posted as Sir Gruntnut)
(27-May-2003 at 20:14)

nope...but the suffer casualties like a normal unit...sumthin like 1 out of every 20 die or sumthin like that.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sud Add Sud to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-May-2003 at 20:18)
lazy smile

For the first time i've ever seen a good new race the latest ages

Good job...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ziggyz0r Add Ziggyz0r to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-May-2003 at 20:43)
Overpowered and not a good idea anyway
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mercava Add Mercava to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-May-2003 at 21:03)
tongue hehe i did another race too

The Ultimate Bugs Race!
Insects/Bugs:

+5% Population
-10% Food Consumption
Mercenaries costs 450gc
Can use one mercenary for 3 soldiers
Draft costs nothing
+10% military cost
Build buildings with 2 days delay
Cannot use prisoners
Cannot use thieves
Double Plague effectiveness

Frog - 4 def points
Fly - 4 off specs
Cockroach (elite) 7/3, prize: 4000gc
View Public Profile Find more posts by embargo Add embargo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as illuvata)
Donated $1.88
(27-May-2003 at 21:07)
thats good for you, embargo, but why are you posting it here? make your own thread
View Public Profile Find more posts by Illuvatar Add Illuvatar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Sud
(Posted as Sir Gruntnut)
(27-May-2003 at 23:26)

thanx for the replyes guys...Mercava...maybe you could tell what is wrong?
(28-May-2003 at 05:22)
Actually I like this, its pretty good.

Only just a little overpowered.

Need like maybe one or two more disadvantages.

Perhaps instead of not use mercs, its not able to use horses. I mean come on, their shadows, couldn't really see them using horses. (No pun intended )

But seriously though, this is very well made. Not too complex, Not so overpowered like some numbskulls insist on making. Good job.
View Public Profile Find more posts by HunterG Add HunterG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as F u S i o N)
(28-May-2003 at 09:19)

Yeah, but if you can change the race from bugs to something else that is more reasonable in Utopia... it would be good.

Using frogs and bugs to attack??? Weird... Just change the stats a little to even up to other races and have its own advantage.

Death is a state of mind, I've lost my mind, therefore I cannot die.
Furious Under Serious Influence Of Narcotics
View Public Profile Find more posts by fusionev Add fusionev to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Biz
(28-May-2003 at 09:30)

Best new race ive seen in a while. Little overpowered though. Drop the bonus income to 10% or less maybe...

I wish I had some deep philosophical quote to put here...... but I don't
I'll help you out... [Š]
"The earth is like a tiny grain of sand, only much, much heavier."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Biz Add Biz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Tayjw)
(28-May-2003 at 11:39)

overpowered...more disadvantages needed....eg:- 20% mage effec.
View Public Profile Find more posts by kentay Add kentay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-May-2003 at 12:36)

nice idea for a race type but the figures dont seem right. make something original about them besides the rune eating thing and make them defineably tm or attackers

)-When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country-()-I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well-(
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ghiles Add Ghiles to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-May-2003 at 13:46)
Even if the figures add up this just seems like a bad idea. Every race in utopia is humanoid, shadows aren't. Besides, they don't really belong in that world of D&D/Lord of the Rings. I don't really understand your intention by shadows, explain yourself better. But can you really think of shadows giving birth, working in mines, training and being drafted or basically managing a kingdom/province? It doesn't make any sense.

Please take a look at the Centaurs thread I opened, I believe it's good.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mercava Add Mercava to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Sud
(Posted as Sir Gruntnut)
(28-May-2003 at 16:32)

maybe instead of eating 20% runes as food, they can eat 30%?
and mercava...u are right...shadows dont really fit into utopia....i couldnt really think of anything that was small and efficient ( definatly not bugs ) but i will try and think of sumthing... mroe human like anyway. Any suggestions?
Old Sud
(Posted as Sir Gruntnut)
(29-May-2003 at 21:20)

ANY??!!??!!??
(Posted as teds)
(29-May-2003 at 23:39)

you could have a sorta catman race...
View Public Profile Visit Calgar's homepage Find more posts by Calgar Add Calgar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Sud
(Posted as Sir Gruntnut)
(30-May-2003 at 02:46)

Maybe even like...Gremlins or something.
(30-May-2003 at 09:11)
ninja

Maybe you wont force yourselves into making up new races unless you have a good idea...
Old Sud
(Posted as Sir Gruntnut)
(31-May-2003 at 02:30)

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. Im not coming to your house,typing up to this thread on your browser, then making you read every bit of it. If you dont want to reply or anything, then simply dont read this and dont respond, i am NOT forcing anyone to do anything.