Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Which villain would come out on top?
Darth Sidious 97 65.54%
Voldemort 51 34.46%
Who voted? Voters: 148
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(08-Dec-2005 at 00:28)

Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Between Voldemort and Darth Sidious? I myself havent decided yet. Sidious has the force and the lightning stuff, and Voldy has all his magic and that rather nasty avada kedavra going for him.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(08-Dec-2005 at 00:32)

Sidious. Force-grab the wand and crush his throat.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Last edited by Jarlaxle Baenre, 08-Dec-2005 at 00:32.
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(08-Dec-2005 at 00:33)

The force will always be stronger

Last edited by RoWizzies, 08-Dec-2005 at 00:34.
Edit reason: I meant to do that ...
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.00
(08-Dec-2005 at 00:37)

well neither of them actually won in the end, if im not mistaken, so neither are that 'almighty and powerful'
but i would say sidious would win.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Utopian Muse Add Utopian Muse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 00:56)

Sideous would in hands down. The force is so much more effective than magic. Sideous could stop the heartbeat of Voldemort with the force...
View Public Profile Visit Vidaria's homepage Find more posts by Vidaria Add Vidaria to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 01:09)

Well they can both kill each other in one move, so whoever has the speed to get the first blow in would win, however, they might kill eachother at the same time..???
View Public Profile Find more posts by Wonderboy2 Add Wonderboy2 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 01:12)
Re: Who Would Win in a Fight?

Originally Posted by Wonderboy2:
Well they can both kill each other in one move, so whoever has the speed to get the first blow in would win, however, they might kill eachother at the same time..???
in that case sidius would win.
All he has to do is use the force to kill voldemort whilst voldemort has to say a spell.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pooh Bear Add Pooh Bear to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 02:01)

Voldy doesnt have to speak the spell...havent you read the newest HP book? Non-verbal spells? Either way it would be incredibly fast. Im not too sure Sidious can just kill someone with the force, otherwise he probably would have with Luke instead of just zapping him. If he has to try zapping Voldy would have him toasted before he could do any damage.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 02:11)

Even though I'm a big star wars fan, I'd have to say voldemort. After all, nobody in the Harry Potter world can really kill him. Sidious has no immortality going.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 02:18)

Ok, here we go;

Force requires concentration. Magic requires a wand. It's reasonable to assume that they both have the focus necessary to utilize their abilities at the beginning of the fight. However, Sidious has the move that requires less effort; all he has to do is remove, or break, Voldemort's wand.

The problem with directly killing someone through the Force is mainly location; if you want to kill them quickly, such as causing an anurysm (sp?), you'd require time to locate the specific blood vessel. This is complicated by the fact that they're moving, living, etc. An inanimate object is much easier to manipulate.

Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(08-Dec-2005 at 02:21)

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle Baenre:
However, Sidious has the move that requires less effort; all he has to do is remove, or break, Voldemort's wand.
( I'm not a HP fan so don't shoot me )

Was Valdemort restricted to 'wand-magic' ? I mean if he lost it he couldn't cast anymore ?

Last edited by RoWizzies, 08-Dec-2005 at 02:22.
Edit reason: maybe not
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 02:26)

I dont believe a wand is required, it is just useful for focusing or amplifying the wiards power. For example, when Harry blew up his aunt in the third (?) book he wasnt trying to, and had no wand drawn.

(08-Dec-2005 at 02:29)

JB hit it on the head about directly killing via the force

now either way this would be a ridicoulously fast fight but sidious has him beat hands down check it out

start of the fight sidious acts as if he is talking about how he is going to kill him or something llame to have the other guy just a littttttle ofguard, then whilst doing so he uses the force to rip dudes wand from his hand.....BAM, the end, dude cant cast, sidous whips out lightsaber and beheads him

and i might add noone has touched on the fact that sidious not only has the force, but also has a lightsaber, and is extremely lethal in melle combat(he whooped yoda, didnt he?)

i dont even think voldy could take vader for that matter, or any jedi worth anything such as yoda, mace windu, obi-won

and im not trying to be biased either, but you have to rember thoose people are 2 sided, they have the force, and melle...and either way sidious, could take ANY of thoose guys i mentioned so voldy has ZERO chance againt him

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 02:36)

Yet again, all Voldy has to do is hit him with one shot and its over. Avada Kedavra, flash of green light, adios emperor.

(08-Dec-2005 at 02:44)

assuming sisous lets him hold his wand long enough to utter thoose words, yeah

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 02:58)

I just had a really intense discussion about this with my roommate. We are both fans of Star Wars and fans of Harry Potter. Strangely, we talked about this before I read the thread, and most of the same points y'all brought up, we brought up. It was amusing.

But:

It depends on which Sidious and which Voldemort you're comparing. We decided to compare Voldemort as he was at the end of the fourth book/movie, and Sidious as he was at the end of Return of the Jedi. Based on that, we decided that Voldemort would win overall, but it would be an extremely close match. They would probably both die physically (again, in Voldy's case) but Voldemort would again rise again because of his Horcruxes. So, it would be terribly close but Voldemort would probably be the only one left alive at the end. Or...partially alive, at least. Kind of.

We decided that most of their abilities through force and magic were pretty much equal and sometimes useless...lightning = cruciatus, jedi mind tricks = occlumens, force blast = that spell that makes things fly backwards, etc. We also don't think that Voldemort could use the Imperius curse, because you have to be weaker of mind to be affected. So, basically, both of their powers are equal. We don't think Voldemort would use his only possibly greater power, Avada Kedavra, first because he is a bit arrogant and would rather flaunt his power at least at the beginning when he feels he has the upper hand. But Voldemort wouldn't win because he has greater powers or strength (except maybe the AK spell which could probably be the deciding factor in the fight), but because he's not quite as cocky as Sidious is. Voldemort has already been beaten before so he knows he has to be careful, while Sidious would rather watch his victims squirm because he feels that he's nearly invincible.

As an added note, we both agree that Darth Vader would completely pwn Voldemort.

EDIT: Voldemort does not require a wand to cast spells.

Last edited by emo kat, 08-Dec-2005 at 03:00.
View Public Profile Find more posts by emo kat Add emo kat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 04:04)

Originally Posted by emo kat:
As an added note, we both agree that Darth Vader would completely pwn Voldemort.
What version of Darth Vader? Sidious is more powerful than Vader in Return of the Jedi and in Revenge of the Sith, so I don't get it.

Vader had potential, but he never was more powerful than Sidious.

Unless Voldemort just has a weakness against pretty boys...

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Last edited by MAPS, 08-Dec-2005 at 04:06.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Dec-2005 at 03:04)

Would he need a wand to cast a spell as powerful as AK, though?

And Sidious has clones. He would come back as a younger version of himself. Clones > Horcruxes, because the clones don't dilute your soul.

KnightoftheNite, good point, but it comes down to the power required.

LIGHTSABRE! Yes! Would Voldemort be able to cast his spells with a lightsabre in his face?

Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
(08-Dec-2005 at 03:11)

Would he get close enough to use the saber?

And for the sake of this discussion lets please ignore Horcruxes and clones, just focus on a one-time only battle to the death.

(08-Dec-2005 at 03:14)

Originally Posted by KnightoftheNite:
And for the sake of this discussion lets please ignore Horcruxes and clones, just focus on a one-time only battle to the death.
Gladly.

Originally Posted by KnightoftheNite:
Would he get close enough to use the saber?
I don't see why not; toss some debris at Voldemort (Maybe a dust cloud, to block his vision?), Force-sprint in, and start hacking away. Hell, Sidious could distract Voldemort, toss his sabre, run around a corner, and make it fly around attacking the wizard.

Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER