Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(22-Dec-2006 at 09:20)

[2006] Jericho

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi

Plot: After a nuclear disaster caused by several terrorist attacks destroys most of America, residents of a small Kansas town must come to terms with a new and very different reality.

Actors:
Skeet Ulrich .... Jake Green (12 episodes, 2006)
Lennie James .... Rod Hawkins / ... (12 episodes, 2006)
Ashley Scott .... Emily Sullivan (11 episodes, 2006)
Kenneth Mitchell .... Eric Green (11 episodes, 2006)
Pamela Reed .... Gail Green (11 episodes, 2006)
Gerald McRaney .... Johnston Green / ... (11 episodes, 2006)
Bob Stephenson .... Jimmy (11 episodes, 2006)
Darby Stanchfield .... April Green / ... (11 episodes, 2006)
Brad Beyer .... Stanley Richmond (10 episodes, 2006)
Richard Speight Jr. .... Bill (10 episodes, 2006)
April Parker .... Darcy Hawkins / ... (10 episodes, 2006)
Sprague Grayden .... Heather Lisinski (9 episodes, 2006)
Alicia Coppola .... Mimi Clark (9 episodes, 2006)
Beth Grant .... Gracie Leigh (9 episodes, 2006)
Clare Carey .... Mary Bailey (9 episodes, 2006)
Erik Knudsen .... Dale Turner (8 episodes, 2006)
Michael Gaston .... Gray Anderson (8 episodes, 2006)
Shoshannah Stern .... Bonnie Richmond (8 episodes, 2006)
Candace Bailey .... Skylar Stevens (8 episodes, 2006)
Sterling Ardrey .... Samuel Hawkins / ... (8 episodes, 2006)
Jazz Raycole .... Allison Hawkins (6 episodes, 2006)
Kristen Rodriguez .... Lisa Whalley (5 episodes, 2006)

TV.com link:
http://www.tv.com/jericho/show/58068/summary.html

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805663/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Mar-2008 at 08:07)

I'm really glad they decided to un-cancel Jericho as it's one of my favorite shows at the moment. The latest season is pretty damn good, and I'm itching to see how it will end.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(24-Mar-2008 at 16:15)

Sadly, they've just announced that it's been re-cancelled.

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(24-Mar-2008 at 16:42)

Oh come on!
This is one of the better ones out there at the moment.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

Donated $5.36
(24-Mar-2008 at 18:12)

Yeah, I wish they would move it over to Showtime, CBS's cable affiliate, where they can afford smaller audiences.

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(25-Mar-2008 at 14:29)

Update:

It's possible that Jericho might move to a cable network not affiliated with CBS

http://www.eztv.it/index.php?main=tvnews&show_news=1765

No Comment
Donated $9.31
(26-Mar-2008 at 03:13)

Re: [2006] Jericho

Originally Posted by BrandonC: View Post
Sadly, they've just announced that it's been re-cancelled.
You'd think it was on Fox.

Jericho RE-canceled, one season left of BSG, The 4400 canceled, etc. At least Supernatural got confirmed for a fourth season.

The last episode or two they've really been bringing the plot forward in Jericho. From what I've read of a "general theme summary" of the last episode (no spoilers), there's going to be at least some kind of conclusion. But there's no question about it, they could have gotten at least another season or two out of a show that deals with this kind of conspiracy.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Mar-2008 at 11:01)

Only one season of BSG left? Are you sure? That's sad

As for Jericho the show is not bad but i never could quite get into it. About the only character which i actually find interestign is Hawkins and i really don't like the whole small town theme

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Mar-2008 at 00:58)

Originally Posted by Nimon: View Post
The last episode or two they've really been bringing the plot forward in Jericho. From what I've read of a "general theme summary" of the last episode (no spoilers), there's going to be at least some kind of conclusion. But there's no question about it, they could have gotten at least another season or two out of a show that deals with this kind of conspiracy.
They filmed two similar, but distinct season 2 finales. One 'cliffhanger' type that allows the story to continue, and one that basically wraps up most of the storyline.

CBS will air the wrap up as a series finale, but that doesn't mean that there is no possibility of Jericho not being renewed on another channel (i.e. the town won't get nuked off the planet with everyone dying).

I liked the second season in that it moved the show in a different direction. "Oh noes it's us against the entire country! Where are we going to get food?" was getting old.

I think they could have done great things with such a detailed storyline, but meh I guess that's just the way things work out.
View Public Profile Find more posts by EvilDH Add EvilDH to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Mar-2008 at 02:34)

re cancelled?? aww...

My wife is going to be even more depressed when she hears this news. We were wondering why they had such a short 2nd season (6 or 7 episodes). I was hoping for at least another short season to wrap things up because they have some pretty good plot twists that IMHO can last. I am wondering why they are canceling it. Everyone I know loves the show. It seems like they are always cancelling the good stuff. Oh well as long as they don't butcher the ending it shouldn't be too bad. I'm just hoping they can pull it off over the next 2 or 3 episodes (I think thats all there is left)
View Public Profile Visit morticianjohn's homepage Find more posts by morticianjohn Add morticianjohn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(27-Mar-2008 at 17:58)

Originally Posted by EvilDH: View Post
They filmed two similar, but distinct season 2 finales. One 'cliffhanger' type that allows the story to continue, and one that basically wraps up most of the storyline.

CBS will air the wrap up as a series finale, but that doesn't mean that there is no possibility of Jericho not being renewed on another channel (i.e. the town won't get nuked off the planet with everyone dying).
I've seen the episode now, and I've heard that they did the two endings, but I have to say, the "wraps up most of the storyline" bit was greatly overstated (not by you, by them). I can definitely see how they can continue with at least another season. It wasn't a really a cliffhanger, but there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Originally Posted by DHoffryn:
Only one season of BSG left? Are you sure? That's sad
Yeah, it's been known for some time now. At least it'll be a long one, with something like 20 episodes. And at least they knew it was being canceled before they (presumably) wrote the detailed script of the season, so they'll be able to wrap it up much more than the Jericho writers could.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk

Last edited by Nimon, 27-Mar-2008 at 18:00.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Mar-2008 at 01:07)

Originally Posted by Nimon: View Post
I've seen the episode now, and I've heard that they did the two endings, but I have to say, the "wraps up most of the storyline" bit was greatly overstated (not by you, by them). I can definitely see how they can continue with at least another season. It wasn't a really a cliffhanger, but there are a lot of unanswered questions.
Instead of watching on CBS, I will wait until Saturday when one of my local channels airs it at a more convenient time. I hope it was at least somewhat conclusive

I hope they release both endings so we can see them both. There's nothing worse than not knowing if the other ending was better
View Public Profile Find more posts by EvilDH Add EvilDH to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2012 at 12:51)
I had watch only few episode of this show and i really liked it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by mike7184 Add mike7184 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote