Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Teddy Jean)
(18-Jan-2004 at 08:13)

smile Religious survey,all input welcomed

Hello everyone,

I do not post often here but I want to have an open mind about religion. I ask you all to answer this little survey, no matter your religion. The more diverse religions I get, the better This is done for sheer personal curiosity BTW.

Please read this before answering the survey.

- Please do not turn this into a debate thread.

-Please show respect towards religion other than your own.

-For the sake of simplicity, consider atheism and agnosticism as religions for this survey

Yes or no is an acceptable answer but feel free to elaborate more

On the survey now..

1a) What is your religion?
b) What is the religion of your parents?
c) What is the dominant religion among your friends?
d) What is the dominant religion in your area of residence?

2- Do you feel any kind of social pressure to either a) keep following the religion you do more or b) follow a different religion than you do now?

3- Since when do you follow your current religion?

3- If you havent followed the same religion all your life, wich religion(s) have you followed before?

4- If you changed of religion during your life, what circumstances made you change your mind?

5- Are you considering to convert to another religion in a near future? If yes, why? What religion are you considering converting to?

6- Rate the importance of religion in your life on a 0-10 scale (0 = not important at all, 10 = very very important)

7 - What advantage(s) do you get in your personnal life from following your religion?

8 - What drawback(s) do you get in your personnal life from following your religion?

9 - Are you uncomfortable with some of your religion teachings/beliefs/rituals? If yes, wich and why?

10 - In your opinion, what is/are the main qualitie(s) of your religion?

11 - In your opinion, what is/are the main flaw(s) of your religion?

12 - a) How often do you go to church?
b) How often do you pray?
c) How often do you think about religion? (not necceseraly your own religion)
d) How often do you discuss/debate religious topics? (again, not necceseraly your own)
e) Have you ever used your religion as a justification to your actions, either good or bad?

13- In all honesty, do you think than you are a good follower of your religion? Why?

14- General comments about this survey :

________ END OF SURVEY___________________

Thank you for answering and sharing

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - American Declaration of Independance, July 4th, 1776
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jean831112 Add Jean831112 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jan-2004 at 09:24)
Here goes

1)a) Atheist
b) Greek Orthodox
c) Greek Orthodox
d) Various Christian

2)a) More peer and family pressure rather than social.
b) No.

3)a) Atheist since 19 years old.
b) Only Greek Orthodox then Atheist (current)

4) I grew up and started thinking for myself. It may sound simplistic but that is essentially it. Today's religion is in fact simply tomorrow's mythology.

5) No.

6) 0/1

7) N/A

8) I do not follow a "religion" per se, unless you classify Atheism as a religious belief. But as an atheist the main drawbacks in my personal life would be clashes with my family and friends over my rejecting my original beliefs.

9) Atheism: None
Greek Orthodoxy: Many, but my main objections were:
a) the obvious hypocrisy in suggesting it is "the one true religion" just like every other Judeo Christian / Abrahamic one.
b) the fact that despite being a sin, murder is justified if you are killing in defense of your religious beliefs. I'm sure the original martyrs of Christendom are smacking their heads right now.

10) Atheism: That this life is it, so make the best of it and treat people with the respect they deserve simply because they exist.
Orthodoxy: That God's message is one of love.

11) Atheism: None
Orthodoxy: The fact it is a proselytizing (actively missionary) religion.

12)a) Weddings and Funerals only.
b) Do not pray.
c) Occasionally only.
d) Very often due to personal relationships/friends.
e) Once or twice to avoid exams or work. Took religious holidays seriously before however, so their observance was not a justification but legitimate.

13) I was, now I am a good follower of Atheism. Although small doubts and second guessing occur.

14) Interesting. I wish you luck and I hope it helps.

P.s. Go Habs...do they count as a religion?
View Public Profile Find more posts by mellios Add mellios to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(18-Jan-2004 at 10:28)

- Atheism
- Christianity
- Christianity / Agnosticism (sp?)
- Christianity

2- Do you feel any kind of social pressure to either a) keep following the religion you do more or b) follow a different religion than you do now?
- Not at all

- About two years ago I started noticing the severe flaws in the bible, that other religions can be just as right and that there's actually no evidence for a spiritual world but there is piles of evidence for evolution

3- If you havent followed the same religion all your life, wich religion(s) have you followed before?
- Christianity, was raised that way

4- If you changed of religion during your life, what circumstances made you change your mind?
- Thinking

5- Are you considering to convert to another religion in a near future? If yes, why? What religion are you considering converting to?
- I would follow any religion which can proove it's right, wouldn't really be a believe but still...

6- Rate the importance of religion in your life on a 0-10 scale (0 = not important at all, 10 = very very important)
- About an 8 or 9, I discuss religions virtually every day with friends and online

7 - What advantage(s) do you get in your personnal life from following your religion?
- I do not need to disregard science to stay believing the same things, as it is science in which I believe

8 - What drawback(s) do you get in your personnal life from following your religion?
- People are actually shocked to find out that there may not be a spiritual world and that they are just a bunch of chemicals. I get some heavy responses and used to have discussions with my parents (who don't wish to talk to me about religion or anything remotely attached anymore)

9 - Are you uncomfortable with some of your religion teachings/beliefs/rituals? If yes, wich and why?
- Not even in the very least

- Science is important, we don't take any spiritual yadayada. It is good to know that it doesn't matter in the end, we can exist or not - who cares? We're just a bunch of chemicals...our feelings may appear real, but they're just chemical reactions. That's good to know.

- None

- Never
- Never
- Daily
d) How often do you discuss/debate religious topics? (again, not necceseraly your own)
- Daily
e) Have you ever used your religion as a justification to your actions, either good or bad?
- Yes

13- In all honesty, do you think than you are a good follower of your religion? Why?
- Yes, definately. Because I show people the evidence on evolution, rightfully critisize the bible etc. Though my 'religion' (atheism) definately does not tell anyone to preach itself!!!

- I was bored...so good to do this
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $50.00
(18-Jan-2004 at 11:25)

Re: Religious survey,all input welcomed

atheism

Methodist (mother)/Agnostic (father)

Atheiest

Hindu - don't live near my parents anymore.

2- Do you feel any kind of social pressure to either a) keep following the religion you do more
Nope - never have

or b) follow a different religion than you do now?
No - only get Jehovah's witnesses trying to convert me... & I can usually shhot down their opening statement which tends to throw them a lot.

Aged 16 ish

Anglican & tried Catharism for a while (NOT Catholism)

Used my brain & thought I couldn't bring myself to believe anymore as I knew I would be lting to myself. Wasn't a specfic incident.

Nope - don't think I could convert.

5 - I enjoy discussing religion

Freedom to do what I want without being told how I should live my life by a centuries old book. Freedom to think what I want without feeling guilty or having to repent afterwards. Not having to obey any traditions or attend ceromonies, I can live MY life the way I want.

None - but then I have never really been faithful so I couldn't say not *knowing* the other side as it were.

Nope.

Hmmm.. see answer to 7.

Not drawing spiritual wotsits... but then I don't miss it 'cos I've never had it.

Never

Never

Weekly - proabably.

Weekly - proabably.

Nope.

Yes - not only do I not believe or even think there may be a chance of a God or afterlife - I don't even hold a strong conviction to Darwin or the Big Bang. Origions just don't matter to me, why should they ? Finding out the exact nature of physical/biological/chemical interactions required for me to be here at this moment won't make my life better. I would prefer to spend the time being & making my wife happy.

*Insert witty comment here*

This is what every PvP argument boils down to:
Dear Devs:
Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine.
Yours, Scissors
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grashnak Add Grashnak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RavEMasteR)
(User is Banned)
(18-Jan-2004 at 12:35)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Teddy Jean)

1a) I consider myself an agnostic, but I believe that God(Jahweh) is an ass and a hypocrite. Sorry, I don't mean disrespect. I'm just answering the question.

b) My mom's a free thinker, and my dad's a buddhist, if you consider it as a religion.

c) Umm..., my friends on Malaysia are dominantly Buddhist, but my friends in Singapore are mostly Christians.

d) Islam, heck, my country's and Islamic country.

2a) Well, I hardly have any pressure when I tell people that God's an ass and a hypocrite.

b) My Christian friends one day decided to convert me, so perhaps there is some pressure from those fanatics.

3) I've been agnostic since six months ago.

3) Used to be Buddhist, then free thinker, then Christian, and now agnostic.

4) I found that Christians could do nothing but quote from the Bible to prove their point. The Bible's a load of crap to me, especially the old testament and the miracles. Hell, the Bible even mentioned that the earth was flat.

5) I'm pretty darned happy as an agnostic, so, why the hell would I do that?

6) I'd give it a 5, since without religion, I would never have become so enlightened about the stupidity of mankind.

7) I can say and do anything I want without having some 2000 year old book that is written in a obscure way to consider. It also saves me time from going to meaningless places to worship. Actually, there are so many benefits that I cannot list them all out here. Being agnostic gave me lots of satisfaction

8) Drawback? Hm..., perhaps having to spend a little time to explain to all those fanatics out there why God's an ass and a hypocrite.

9) I don't hold any belief that's set in stone. I change from time to time when I see fit.

10) Well, it brought me much satisfaction, and my musical life has become much better than ever. When I was Christian, everyone around me *expected* me to become a drummer for a Gospel band. See how fanatical they are?

11) Nothing, why would there be? If I think something's bad, I'll just discard that particular belief.

12) I won't answer this, coz' my answers are generally found above. However, when I WAS Christian, I went to church once or twice weekly. My record was thrice in a week.

13) Ehhh..., why don't you see for yourself? =)

14) This survey's okay, but please, next time, I'd rather have it in another format that's easier for me to use and answer. =)

Religion is the mental disease of the masses.
"Once again, religion is like sniffing gasoline. Both cause permanant brain damage." -- Obsidian
View Public Profile Find more posts by dothackRAVE Add dothackRAVE to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jan-2004 at 13:19)

-Atheist
-christianity
-i have no idea.Probably christian
-Oficialy people are christian but in reality most people in my country are prety much atheist and agnosticks.We don't care much about religion
-No
-I don't know.Since ever probably.I never realy believed in god or religion.The whole concept of god always seemed just like another fairy tale to me
-I haven't folowed any religions realy.But i was interested in budism and wicca

-I don't consider converting to any religion.Unless they give me a lot of money

-Since i am atheist i guess i get advantages from not folowing religions.I don't waste my time praying,going to church and other crap

-None

-No
-It makes me happy
-None that i can see

12 -
a) How often do you go to church?
-I don't know once or twice per year.Mostly for mariages and funreals and sometime becuase of the buildings.We have realy old and prety churches
-Never i don't the point in it
-I don't know probably once a day when i visit the foum.
Maybe once a week
-No
-Well since i don't believe in god and so far noone managed to convince me otherwise i guess i am
Not bad.It would be interesting if you include some more extreme questions.Like would kill yourself or another person for you faith and so on.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Nimon of M)
Donated $9.31
(18-Jan-2004 at 15:31)

Quote:
Atheism.

Quote:
Probably agnostic. Leaning more towards atheism than theism.

Quote:
I don't very much discuss religion with my friends, but Im quite sure that most of them are atheists, and agnostics.

Quote:
On paper, christianity, in real life, agnosticm. Norway has been described as the most secular state in the world.

Quote:
Suprisingly, neither. My grandmother is very christian, but I guess that since she became a christian at the age of ~50, she dont find it wrong that Im not one.

Quote:
Hard to say. Probably since I started having about religon in school. I have never really been christian, more agnostic, never really cared, untill a few years ago.

Quote:
Agnostic, probably.

Quote:
I saw trough the fasade of christianity, when we started learning about it.

Quote:
Absolutely not. If any, it would probably be Buddhism, since that is the more humane and sensible one.

Quote:
Uuuh... 7?

Quote:
I don't make a fool out of myself for my atheist/agnostic friends.

Quote:
Some people keep trying to convert me

Quote:
Considering Atheism has no teachings except for "no diety", not really.

Quote:
The no belief in God thing?

Quote:
-pass-

Quote:
Never.

Quote:
Never.

Quote:
Whenever Im discussing it on the internet. I dont think that much about it, as it would only make me tired of the endless lies.

Quote:
Probably every day...

Quote:
Not really, nothing I do (except for maybe killing theists for their belief) can be attributed towards Atheism.

Quote:
Sure, when theres only one rule

Quote:
No problem, anytime

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk

Last edited by Nimon, 18-Jan-2004 at 15:33.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jan-2004 at 15:36)

Roman Catholic/Christian

same
same
same

2- Do you feel any kind of social pressure to either
a) keep following the religion you do more or
yes

b) follow a different religion than you do now?
that too

since birth

N/A

N/A

why not. only when i know as much about them as i do with Roman Catholicism

seven

improved my ethical relations with others

pressure to follow tradition

the standard that when the Church declares something as "dogma" the followers have to believe it even when it is hard to believe.

charity (but not before Vatican II)

dogmatism

every sunday

every sunday (in mass)

every... day?
frequently

yes

no, when traditions are taken into consideration. yes in terms of faith

View Public Profile Find more posts by Aletheia Add Aletheia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Nimon of M)
Donated $9.31
(18-Jan-2004 at 15:38)

Ok, we've got 7 responses now.

1 is a Christian, 5 are Atheists, and one is a pretty straight forward guy whom no one really knows what believe

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.72
(19-Jan-2004 at 01:03)

1)a. Christian, no specific denomination
b. My mom's a Christian. I don't really know about my dad.
c. Christian.
d. I'm not really sure, but probably either Christian or Athiest/Agnostic.

2) Not really. My mom and other adult's I'm around trust my faith enough to not pressure me. Same with some of my friends, and others just don't talk about religion much.

3) Very, very young age. Earlier than 7 I believe.

4) N/A

5) No chance.

6) 9.5

7) Morals, things to think about, someone to talk to when I'm bored. Also, my God is a God of miracles. He can provide my every need.

8) Somewhat "anti-social" because of how seriously I take my relationship with Christ.

9) Nope. Atleast none of the past 25 years by actual Christians, not people claiming to be Christian.

10) (1)Love God with everything you are and have. (2)Treat others with as much respect, kindness, etc. as you want to be treated with or more. As for advantages coming with the "membership", I can rely on God for healing, courage, protection, strength, my needs being met, etc.

11) Can't think of any flaws of the religion, just the way people manipulate it.

12)a. Once per week. I used to go more often but my youth pastor got fired a few months ago and I haven't had time to go back now that we have a new one. Also, I go to a Christian school which has a Bible class 4 days of the week and a chapel service the 5th day.
b. It depends. Atleast once per day, but if I feel led to pray more I do.
c. Couldn't really say. My mind wanders so much I don't even know what I was just thinking about some of the time
d. I used to all the time, but not very often any more.
e. I explain why I believe what I believe and why I act how I act with my religion sometimes if that's what you mean.

13) Not nearly good enough. I should be a lot closer to God than I am considering all the opportunities I've had to learn about Him.

I'm not ashamed of the One I love.
[Our dream] eluded us then, but that's no matter tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. And one fine morning...
Hail Jesus, You're my Lord.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Victor1 Add Victor1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RavEMasteR)
(User is Banned)
(19-Jan-2004 at 01:22)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Nimon of M)

Ok, we've got 7 responses now.

1 is a Christian, 5 are Atheists, and one is a pretty straight forward guy whom no one really knows what believe
Would that straight forward guy refer to me?

If yes, then it's just the way I am.

Religion is the mental disease of the masses.
"Once again, religion is like sniffing gasoline. Both cause permanant brain damage." -- Obsidian
View Public Profile Find more posts by dothackRAVE Add dothackRAVE to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(19-Jan-2004 at 01:34)

Monotheist. I beleive in God, but not in organised religion.

Church of England

Agnostic

Church of England

Nope

Since I was 19

Agnostic, Atheism

Thinking about my life and spirituatlity

None.

Feeling of completeness

none

none

It is my own religion based on what I think is right.

I could be wrong.

never

never

often

) How often do you discuss/debate religious topics? (again, not necceseraly your own)

often

never

I am the only follower

14- General comments about this survey : its ok

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $32.64
(19-Jan-2004 at 02:36)

1a) Atheist
b) One is Atheist, one is Agnostic
c) Mormon and Christians
d) Same as Above

2- No, I don't discuss my beliefs too often with people around me.
3- Never went to Church (was babtized though)

5- No. Ive made my choice away from god.

6- 1. No real guidelines for me, so kinda hard to let that influence my life.

7 - Freedom

8 - I don't get lots of stuff when I turn 13. But I still celebrate regular holidays (like Christmas and stuff, but purely on a consumer affair)

9 - No, cause I have non.

12 - a) Once a year or 2 for a funeral or wedding
b) never
c) pretty much only on this board.
d) rarely. I don't even post here too often.
e) Yeah, I say I can do whatever I want.

13- Can I not be?

14- Lots of questions that are hard for atheists to answer.

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

The only reason we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability
View Public Profile Find more posts by Phased Add Phased to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Izumi Koushirou)
(20-Jan-2004 at 05:24)

- I consider myself Atheist.

- Catholic

- Catholic

- Catholic

- I feel preasure from my friends and family members to conver to their naive little cult.

- Since the age of 13

- Catholic

- The fact that I started seeing the world for myself, and not through the eyes of others.

- Hell no! Religion is for fools! Atheism isn't even a religion!

- 10 It gives me something to debate

- Truth. I don't follow the cult-like followings of a musty old book

= Damm Converstionist

= A-Buh?

- Truth

- There is no flaw in the truth. There are only weak and strong people.

- None
- None
- Often
- Daily
- Yes

-There is no religion to follow, but for this scenario, yes.

Izzy is back and older than ever!
View Public Profile Visit Little Kid Izzy's homepage Find more posts by Little Kid Izzy Add Little Kid Izzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Teddy Jean)
(20-Jan-2004 at 07:23)

Izumi, you dont read guidelines, dont you?

Quote:
Please show respect towards religion other than your own
Bad Izumi!

BTW thanks for your input! Keep it coming!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - American Declaration of Independance, July 4th, 1776
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jean831112 Add Jean831112 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 00:30)

Atheist
Atheist
Atheism, as far as I know.
Not a clue, I try not to socialise with the people in my area, they'd probably try to kill me.

Well my ex was christian so I guess there was some pressure, but not from my friends or family whatsoever.

Well definately since the end of primary school, 10/11? Probably earlier.

I guess Christian, but that was because I thought about it.

Thinking.

Nope, not at all.

Well if Atheism counts...9, I like to attempt to convert people.

I don't have to got to church every week, or worry about going to Heaven or Hell.

2 Words, Jehovahs Witnesses.

Nope.

It makes more sense than any other religion.

There aren't any that I can see.

12 - a) How often do you go to church?-Never
b) How often do you pray?-Never
c) How often do you think about religion? (not necceseraly your own religion)-Quite often, mostly disbelief about how people can follow religion.
d) How often do you discuss/debate religious topics? (again, not necceseraly your own)-Few times a week.
e) Have you ever used your religion as a justification to your actions, either good or bad?-Not that I can remember.

..Yes, I don't believe in God.

Not really aimed at atheists I don't think.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Silverberg Add Silverberg to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 00:51)

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)

Same

Same

Same

Nah

Since I was 8 or 9

N/A

N/A

Nope.

10 I deal with it everyday.

Don't drink do drugs or smoke. Try to improve myself all the time.

Can't think of any.

9 - Are you uncomfortable with some of your religion teachings/beliefs/rituals? If yes, which and why?
I used to have a problem with the polygamy thing, but now I understand it better.

Be all that you can be...I guess

Don't know of any.

Every week.

b) How often do you pray? Usually I don't . Maybe twice a week. I should do it more but I don't.

At least twice a day.

Everyday on these forums.

Yes.

No. I need some work.

Meh.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 01:29)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Teddy Jean)
a) Christianity
b) Christianity
c) Free-thinking athiests (read: money chasers )
d) Moderate Muslim

Quote:
SOCIAL preassure? No, it's not really a topic people talk about much at this age (20).

Quote:
All my life. Really only started at about 12 when I started understanding it, became mine instead of my parent's (religion).

Quote:

N/A

Quote:
Never considered it, for the obvious reason that I believe in what I believe in. Like, duh?

Quote:
Somewhere around... 8? Religion itself, the acts and all, around there, but if you ask how much importance and impact Jesus had on me... 10. Just that religion (church, traditions and all) has a bit less of an impact.

Quote:
Freedom. I don't need to worry bout aborting my extramarital kid, I don't need to worry bout drug-rehab for myself, or alcoholics anonymous, I'm able to mix with a very diverse bunch of people in Christian circles without prejudice... etc. etc.

Quote:
Having to listen to athiest mourners who are so sure that I'm a total idiot and brainwashed into following my beliefs. Doesn't happen much in real-life though, not in my country (thank God), but over here in UT it happens a lot.

Quote:
I'm uncomfortable with the fact that some of the teachings of the Bible aren't applied as much as they should be, especially on personal standards of behaviour.

Quote:
1. It's true.
2. God who's love and justice and power all at the same time, and in immeasurable quantities.
3. FREE ticket to heaven.
4. The result of it - the good, unselfish lives that are lived by those who really apply Jesus in their lives.

Quote:
Being a religion instead of being a relationship with Christ, which leads to a lot of problems, especially the biggest ones like the Inquisition and Crusades etc. etc.

Quote:
a) 2 or 3 times a week. Once on Sunday, maybe a prayer meeting or so, and sports.
b) Few times a day, not set. Once each meal, once in morning devotions, family devotion, before a sports game, before a long trip, basically everything needs prayer.
c) Very, very often, focus of my life mostly.
d) When I need to, and I try as much as possible to keep it in real-life, seeing as how online you get deluged with a wave of spam so you can't see those who are seriously posting for the mass of 'hate-posts'.
e) Yes, good and bad, unfortunately.

Quote:
Yes, in the sense that I'm doing what I can.
No, in the sense that I'm not perfect, and never will be.

Quote:
Can I have my 15 minutes back now?

-Part of the UT Christian Community
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ketam Add Ketam to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 01:54)

1a) What is your religion? Catholic
b) What is the religion of your parents? Catholic
c) What is the dominant religion among your friends? Catholic
d) What is the dominant religion in your area of residence? Catholic

nope.

3- Since when do you follow your current religion? since i was born

3- If you havent followed the same religion all your life, wich religion(s) have you followed before? n/a

4- If you changed of religion during your life, what circumstances made you change your mind? n/a

5- Are you considering to convert to another religion in a near future? If yes, why? What religion are you considering converting to? no, i'm not.

six; it's important, but it's not my whole life.

7 - What advantage(s) do you get in your personnal life from following your religion? not necessarily advantages, but it does give you a sense of belonging.

8 - What drawback(s) do you get in your personnal life from following your religion? i'm forbidden to do some things.

yes, there are so many, for instance, the infallibility of the pope, which doesn't make sense to me. well, because they don't apply to me.

10 - In your opinion, what is/are the main qualitie(s) of your religion? charity.

11 - In your opinion, what is/are the main flaw(s) of your religion? the corruptiveness of the church

12 - a) How often do you go to church? every week, if there is a feast day or special occasion, i hear mass twice or thrice a week.
b) How often do you pray? everyday
c) How often do you think about religion? (not necceseraly your own religion) every now and then
d) How often do you discuss/debate religious topics? (again, not necceseraly your own) when something comes up, i discuss.
e) Have you ever used your religion as a justification to your actions, either good or bad? no.

13- In all honesty, do you think than you are a good follower of your religion? Why? yes. because i adhere to it but at the same time, there is enough sense in me to criticize some of its aspects.

14- General comments about this survey : seems fine to me.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ansantimus Add Ansantimus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(22-Jan-2004 at 18:33)

1a) What is your religion? Deist
b) What is the religion of your parents? Christian
c) What is the dominant religion among your friends? None
d) What is the dominant religion in your area of residence? Christian

No pressure

For as long as reason and intuition have guided me

I have at times gone in and out of various perversions of Christianity...
Revalations come and contradict, each moment of truth is always true

Nah

6- Rate the importance of religion in your life on a 0-10 scale (0 = not important at all, 10 = very very important)\
7, I remind myself how awesome life is when I don't have drugs to do it for me.

A personal moral compass to guide me, relaxation, lack of rushed feeling, lack of a death fear

can't think of one.

well since I make them up, this would be odd.

10 - In your opinion, what is/are the main qualitie(s) of your religion? All loving, non conscious god with a timeless universe. Heavan and Hell are simply brought onto you by your actions

11 - In your opinion, what is/are the main flaw(s) of your religion? It's absolutely correct. No flaws.

12 - a) How often do you go to church? Once in a while
b) How often do you pray? Once in a while
c) How often do you think about religion? (not necceseraly your own religion) Once in a while
d) How often do you discuss/debate religious topics? (again, not necceseraly your own) Every now and again
e) Have you ever used your religion as a justification to your actions, either good or bad? Absolutely.

13- In all honesty, do you think than you are a good follower of your religion? Why? Yes, because I make the rules.

Commas.......

If you see the light at the end of the tunnel, then you passed the test.
View Public Profile Visit Cloud Strife's homepage Find more posts by Cloud Strife Add Cloud Strife to your Buddy List Reply with Quote