Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(09-Apr-2004 at 15:12)

Jesus in Islam !

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch3-10.htm

Check this out and tell me wut you think of it !!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Death by Toilet Add Death by Toilet to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 15:24)

Yeah, the Muslims believed Jesus existed and was a prophet, but they dont believe he is the son of God.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 15:39)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Royal Assassin3)

Yeah, the Muslims believed Jesus existed and was a prophet, but they dont believe he is the son of God.
I really don't see how they can say that He was just a prophet when He said Himself that He is the Son of God, and a bunch of other similar things. That's the reason they used to kill him!
View Public Profile Visit Franbo's homepage Find more posts by Franbo Add Franbo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 15:41)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Franbo)

I really don't see how they can say that He was just a prophet when He said Himself that He is the Son of God, and a bunch of other similar things. That's the reason they used to kill him!
Teh moslims did not kill Jezus.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sammeke Add Sammeke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 15:53)
Quote:
We do not have the direct words of Jesus recorded anywhere, only the gospels written down much later, and the Muslims do not believe that these are the perfect truth. For example, did Jesus really say he was the only son of God, or did he say we are all God's children. When Jesus prays: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name..." it refers to the latter.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 16:50)

In Islam, Jesus, as well as the other prophets, are all attempts by God to send his message to the earth, but in every situation, the message gets corrupted. That's the relevance of Islam, it is the uncorrupted message.

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 17:01)
that we have to ask muslims to clarified it...

as for muslims killing him...thats a lied....what a joke...

forget about it...it is really dumb whether people will ever read it...
View Public Profile Find more posts by peipoh Add peipoh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 17:25)

Quote:
(Originally posted by peipoh)

as for muslims killing him...thats a lied....what a joke...
I'm sorry, I probably should have been more clear. I did not think that the people here would be so ignorant as to think that that's what I was saying!! By "they" I meant those who did kill Him (or rather, those who testified against Him). Islam didn't even exist until like 600ad I think?
Why then did Jesus allow everybody to think that He is God? i.e. When Thomas said "My Lord and my God!" Jesus did not rebuke him, He did not say "No, I'm not God."

And Sammeke -- it's Jesus, not Jezus
View Public Profile Visit Franbo's homepage Find more posts by Franbo Add Franbo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 17:42)
Quote:

I'm sorry, I probably should have been more clear. I did not think that the people here would be so ignorant as to think that that's what I was saying!! By "they" I meant those who did kill Him (or rather, those who testified against Him). Islam didn't even exist until like 600ad I think?
Why then did Jesus allow everybody to think that He is God? i.e. When Thomas said "My Lord and my God!" Jesus did not rebuke him, He did not say "No, I'm not God."

And Sammeke -- it's Jesus, not Jezus
Franbo. In my language it's Jezus
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sammeke Add Sammeke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 19:06)
Quote:
We've tried to tell you the muslims don't believe the stories in the gospels are perfectly accurate. Jesus may have been a prophet, but unfortunately before his teachings were recorded they had become distorted. Not until Muhammed had his teachings written down and checked it personally was an accurate description of the word of God recorded.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 21:20)
Quote:
he said that everyone was the son of god
View Public Profile Find more posts by Iron Lung Add Iron Lung to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Apr-2004 at 22:15)

by this post i was just trying to highlight the difference between what we muslims believe and what christians believe !! and i'm glad people acted like grownups !!

yes, we do believe that the gospels and the other stuff has been changed (either on purpose or by errors in translation). we do not believe that jesus is the son of god, but one of his prophets (and one we hold in a very special position amongst prophets, along with moses and abraham). we believe god saved him from crucifiction by raising him to heaven. we also believe he will one day (sometime near judgement day) he will return and bring justice to the world.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Death by Toilet Add Death by Toilet to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Fist of Ares UC)
(User is Banned)
(10-Apr-2004 at 00:18)
Muslims dont believe that Jesus was crucified?? hmm. Guess I missed that one when I looked through the Quran. Isnt there a chapter about Mary in the Quran?

------------------------------------
Former President/General/Member of UC.
Former Council Member of BD.
Current Freelance Advisor!
View Public Profile Visit Fist of Ares's homepage Find more posts by Fist of Ares Add Fist of Ares to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Honorary Member
(10-Apr-2004 at 03:24)

the links between christinaity, islam and judaism are huge.

All have the same basis with the creation, old testamant up to the point of abraham where of his two sons one iisac became a father of judaism, and another i don't remember the name's decendants were the first muslims. Then when jesus comes in many split off believeing he was the messiah and christians acknowlege the new testemant where jews don't.

for this reason the religions are linked in so many ways and have many similarities most importantly a belief in a single (and ultimately same) g-d. its just the forms they have taken later on that have changed.

Getting banned is not smart, nor cool. - Swifty
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jasse Add Jasse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Apr-2004 at 07:42)
There's this wild conspiracy theory I read that the Prophet Muhamad's beliefs were influenced by a Nestorian Christian, probably the first branch-off from Catholicism and based in the mid-east. This theory is based on the fact there're so many similarities, but I can't remember where I read that.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thyname Add Thyname to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Apr-2004 at 21:23)

Okay, as a muslim, i think i am responsible to explained it from our holy book of quran.

Prophet Isa, or Jesus Christ for Christian is actually the same people. and it is not true that muslim kill him. because at that time Islam was not existed yet(it is only existed in the time of prophet Muhammad). Okay, the story began when Prophet Isa was born to this world. he actually borned without a father. that's meant Mary(Mariam) is a virgin. And to proof that, Allah had give voice to Prophet Isa since he were born so he can speak and explained people that he is a messenger from god. but he is not the son of god. He'd grown out by being a good man, despite that, he brings a new message to people to follow allah's guide. but the jews wasn't really agree toward him. so, they plotted to kill him. and luckily, Allah's had save him. We know that Jesus had been killed. but with the power of allah, there is a man who face was as same as prophet isa. so, when the jews chase prophet, Allah had took him with Allah so that he can be reawaken in the time of akhirat. and the man who was caught and killed by the jews was actually the man who had the same face with prophet Isa

p/s: sorry for my bad english
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aurum Add Aurum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Moamil)
(10-Apr-2004 at 21:50)

smile First nice Thread in a long time!

note1: i completely agree with jasse, i have been trying to explain the theory too my friends at school that judaisim, christianity and islam are all the same religion but only interpreted differently ... but they all disagree even those from my religion (which i like to keep private).

note2: thank you Aurum for that (slightly unclear) but all together useful explanation.

"I'm sorry, I probably should have been more clear. I did not think that the people here would be so ignorant as to think that that's what I was saying!! By "they" I meant those who did kill Him (or rather, those who testified against Him). Islam didn't even exist until like 600ad I think?
Why then did Jesus allow everybody to think that He is God? i.e. When Thomas said "My Lord and my God!" Jesus did not rebuke him, He did not say "No, I'm not God."" Originally posted by Franbo.

note3: franbo, i am sure he didnt understand very well as he said his english isnt very well (thus he mentioned his opinion about your misinterpreted comment), so just ignore it.

Dont flame me,
This is only my ****ing opinion!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Narsius Add Narsius to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Apr-2004 at 23:09)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Fist of Ares UC)

Muslims dont believe that Jesus was crucified?? hmm. Guess I missed that one when I looked through the Quran. Isnt there a chapter about Mary in the Quran?
From the Q'uran (Surah IV, 157-159)

157. And their saying: Surely we have killed the Massiah, Isa son of Marium, the apostle of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowlege respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.

158. Nay! Allah took him up to himself; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

159. And there is not one of the followers of the Book but most certainly believes in this before his death, and on the day of ressurection he (Isa) shall be a witness against them.

(Surah V, 110-111)
110. When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and your mother, when I strengthened you with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel, and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.

111. And when I revealed to the disciples, saying, Believe in Me and My apostle, they said: We believe and bear witness that we submit (ourselves).

There are several chapters in the Q'uran about Mary (Marium). For instance:

(Surah III, 42)
And when the angels said: O Marium! surely Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the world.

"It is one of the most remarkable things that in all of the biological sciences there is no clue as to the necessity of death." - Richard Feynman

"We have a duty to die." - Dick Lamm, former Governor of Colorado
View Public Profile Visit Grotus's homepage Find more posts by Grotus Add Grotus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Apr-2004 at 23:20)

well put Grotus !! *applause* !! i didnt have an english version of the Qur'an and i didn't wanna post anything that i translated so that it would not be misinterpreted !!

thx man !!
Honorary Member
(11-Apr-2004 at 02:42)

Aurum this is very new to me with the switching of people and rather disturbing teaching jews plotted and killed jesus?

You have a rather anti-semitic view of things, i wonder if this is how all muslims see it.

If it is a jews Vs jesus thing, then do you not find it slightly surprising that not only jesus was a jew, his disciples were jews but 100 years later the people who wrote the gospels were also jews, were they against jesus?

Quote:
the man who was caught and killed by the jews
I never quite grasped the stort, i always thought it was the romans but silly me and my poor reading skills.

Now i completely understand that jews are the problem for everything in the world, but lets not be chaging the story around too much.

Getting banned is not smart, nor cool. - Swifty
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jasse Add Jasse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote