Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Which language would you like learn in addition to the ones you already speak?
Spanish 22 18.49%
French 8 6.72%
Italian 7 5.88%
Russian 10 8.40%
Mandarin/Cantonese 10 8.40%
Japanese 34 28.57%
English 0 0%
Any language where you have to click 7 5.88%
Other (specify) 21 17.65%
Who voted? Voters: 119
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Good King Henry)
Donated $3.28
(17-Jun-2004 at 00:30)

If you could learn another language...

I've learned spanish and am working on Latin, but I've always wanted to learn Russian and I'm thinking of trying to pick it up. Which begs the question...

If you could learn another language, which one would it be?

Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Henry Returns Add Henry Returns to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as wtfX)
(17-Jun-2004 at 00:43)

Spanish would be my choice. Speaking both English AND Spanish fluently/perfectly would be a huge advantage. In the future probably even more then now. So yeah, Spanish would be the choice. (Also spain is a wonderful place for going on vacation )

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 00:58)
no dude.. japanese would be even better ^_^
then you dont have to buy games with crappy american trasnlation and crappy voices in them.
And you can watch and understand all those crazy japanese tv programms (if you can recieve them)

Japanese is just soooo coowl:P
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mr Elrond Add Mr Elrond to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $14.28
(17-Jun-2004 at 01:01)

Well I know English, and I'm learning spanish, so I guess I'll say french, that way I can make fun of them in their own language.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tack Add Tack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 01:03)
Spanish, without any thought about it. There are so many Hispanic kids in my area as well as adults and many of them have terrible english. Not only would my job be easier, but I could talk to more people. Simply the best one to learn for my situation.
View Public Profile Visit xgilthanox's homepage Find more posts by xgilthanox Add xgilthanox to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.88
(17-Jun-2004 at 01:04)
japanese, since most european languages are quite similar, and i would be interested in something different
View Public Profile Find more posts by Illuvatar Add Illuvatar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 01:10)

Japanese all the way. Just as Mr Elrond said, the voice-overs suck on games. I want to play Japanese FF games and understand them!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mattsville Add Mattsville to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DoorKnob)
(User is Banned)
(17-Jun-2004 at 01:19)

in addition to my nearly flawless english and my ruggid spanish, i'd say i would want to learn Italian next. land of Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Dismal dreams are my reality
View Public Profile Find more posts by dismal Add dismal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 03:08)

Japanese for the same reason...would love to play FF without those annoying voices...

Last Member of the Church of Valek
-------------------------------------
Insert something witty here.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -John Paul Jones
View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $3.28
(17-Jun-2004 at 03:16)

Japanese would be pretty damn cool, I have to admit...

As for Spanish, I find that I know enough of it that I can understand what people around me are saying, but I'll get laughed at if I ever tried to engage a spanish-speaking person in a serious conversation.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Henry Returns Add Henry Returns to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 03:24)

Learning Spanish, then German... and after that I'm not sure if I'll learn Portuguese or Italian...

SLEEP
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drunken Penguin Add Drunken Penguin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 03:26)

Al Bhed it could really help me get far in my life
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sepor Add Sepor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $14.28
(17-Jun-2004 at 03:38)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Sepor)

You better check out my FF X game cause I had all of the primers so I speak fluent Al Bhed.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tack Add Tack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 04:03)

Japanese, German or Latim... i already speak english, portuguese, spanish and a litlle french, so id like to try something diferent...

I'll stop thinking with my dick when you stop fucking with my head.
View Public Profile Visit Luso Skav's homepage Find more posts by Luso Skav Add Luso Skav to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $3.28

Quote:
(Originally posted by Sepor)

Here's the site for u buddy:

http://www.pixelscapes.com/twoflower/albhed.html

Old rjr

Since I already know English and spanish I'd say Japanese

Visit the #bar
When I grow up I want to be, one of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.
View Public Profile Find more posts by rjr Add rjr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.12
(17-Jun-2004 at 04:04)

i'm already speaking french and english, so i guess it would be german.

btw, i dont know why you put english in your list because if we post here, we already know english...

There's nothing like the sound of hundreds of voices screaming in unison - Kefka

Attention Blisk. I am Cryptosporidium of the Planet Furon. This planet is now a territory of the Furon Empire. And your asses belong to me. - Crypto-138
View Public Profile Find more posts by cathou79 Add cathou79 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Nazgul UT)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(17-Jun-2004 at 04:53)

Quenya most definetly although its uses are very limited.

Last edited by Starfriend, 17-Jun-2004 at 04:55.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 05:08)

Greek. With my ancestory and all. I can speak some.

Biddycam is dead! Blame the people who worked out where it was.
http://www.zoooom.co.uk/livecam.htm
Valek was here. Well, not really
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ordy Add Ordy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 05:23)

English!

After that Japanese or Spanish.

Would be nice to understand those that purposely speaks in spanish in IRC

The One and Only DMW
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeadMenWalking Add DeadMenWalking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote