Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Your faith?
Athiest 307 28.72%
Agnostic 108 10.10%
Catholic 180 16.84%
Lutheran 72 6.74%
Calvinist 37 3.46%
Sunni 18 1.68%
Jewish 25 2.34%
Buddhist 54 5.05%
Wicca 32 2.99%
Other 236 22.08%
Who voted? Voters: 1069
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(28-Jun-2004 at 04:21)

wow i didnt think there would be so much athiest people

============================
An friend with weed is a friend indeed =P
View Public Profile Find more posts by deathware Add deathware to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Jun-2004 at 04:26)
no i havnt read the posts above

For those that are not sure if they are a Lutherian or Calvinist, if you believe in a literal Bible, then you are a Calvinist.

Calvinist

The religious doctrines of John Calvin, emphasizing the omnipotence of God and the salvation of the elect by God's grace alone.

an adherent of the theological doctrines of John Calvin

Lutherian

Of or relating to Luther or his religious teachings and especially to the doctrine of justification by faith alone.
Of or relating to the branch of the Protestant Church adhering to the views of Luther.

A member of the Lutheran Church.

things is im an evangelican... where do i fit in?

and about 'if you believe in a literal Bible' i thought that was the ortodox church?

Memeber of The Neurofibromatosis Foundation of Malaysia
http://bb.nffm.org/
ps. we urgently need a webmaster...help!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zavia Add Zavia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Jun-2004 at 18:48)
Quote:
As far as I am concerned, Lutherians are people who followed the teachings of Martin Luther (who may have since put their own spin on his ideas) - Calavinsts are people who follow the teachings of John Calvin (who may put their own spin on his ideas).

Calvin and Luther did disagree on a lot of issues. But Calvin and Jacobus/Jacob/James (depending on which translation you like) Arminius and Calvin are on polar ends of protestantism. The 5 tennets of Calvinism are exactly opposite the 5 tennets of Arminianism. This is because arminianism was made in a direct response to the problems in Calvinism.
View Public Profile Find more posts by antlers Add antlers to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Jun-2004 at 18:53)
Quote:
and about 'if you believe in a literal Bible' i thought that was the ortodox church?
Almost any Christian Church will say it believes in a literal Bible in the sense that all of it was written via the direct inspiration of God and that none of it is false in its original format. If you are thinking literal in the sense that a church believes that there will actually be 7 literal bowls pouring down from the sky as spoken of in Revelation, to my knowledge there is no Christian church that would espouse such a doctrine and the orthodox church would especially not.
View Public Profile Find more posts by antlers Add antlers to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as goalberg)
(28-Jun-2004 at 22:36)

i'm christian not catholic, i don't like a lot of their principles so I'm an anglican.

If life gets rough beat it with a stick.
Join #bar, commies aren't welcome.
Join #mafiagame, for the greatest mafia experience on IRC!
View Public Profile Find more posts by VantagePoint Add VantagePoint to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jun-2004 at 12:41)
Athiest through and through. Dont believe all this other mumbo jumbo.

Last edited by Pyroclasm, 29-Jun-2004 at 12:41.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pyroclasm Add Pyroclasm to your Buddy List Reply with Quote