Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Which villain would come out on top?
Darth Sidious 97 65.54%
Voldemort 51 34.46%
Who voted? Voters: 148
You may not vote on this poll

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Posts: 1090/2825
(12-Dec-2005 at 17:57)


Not to mention that if i remember right if you kill Voldermort he will survive by leading a pathetic nearly powerless existance.What was it that they said even less then a ghost or something similiar.And it will take him a huge amount of effort to get a new body.So the argument that Voldermort can come back from the grave and start the fight again is kinda flawed since this will be something extremly hard for him to do.

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
#61  
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
Posts: 1254/1693
(12-Dec-2005 at 23:29)


People, people.

Voldemort has 7 lives, with each new one fragmenting his existing life force.

Sidious has theoretically infinite clones, with no loss of power.

Voldemort has teleporting.

Sidious has senses that extend into the future (How else can Jedi block blaster bolts?)

Voldemort has magic.

Sidious has the Force, which is present in magic, as it is present in all things.

Therefore, Sidious > Voldemort.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
#62  
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Posts: 2420/2489
Donated $1.28
(13-Dec-2005 at 06:19)


I disagree with whoever talked about politics. In fact, it would be Voldemort that wins if we count politics. You see, the folks in RGD have concluded that Palpatine is actually Bush. So if Bush is for Voldemort, Palpatine can't go against himself. I submit to you exhibit A:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RepforVold.jpg (16.1 KB, 8 views)

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
#63  
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 404/419
(13-Dec-2005 at 09:39)


Re: Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Originally Posted by Obi2Kenobi:
I disagree with whoever talked about politics. In fact, it would be Voldemort that wins if we count politics. You see, the folks in RGD have concluded that Palpatine is actually Bush. So if Bush is for Voldemort, Palpatine can't go against himself. I submit to you exhibit A:
Ah, but you have forgotten that if Palpatine is 'for' Voldemort, as per exhibit A, then obviously Palpatine is doing it for his own benefit (being a manipulative genius), and thus, Palpatine > Voldemort.

I am not crazy. Those are not voices in my head.
#64  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Golgoth Add Golgoth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Posts: 2421/2489
Donated $1.28
(14-Dec-2005 at 05:57)


Ah, but even God is said to use the most foul of humans for his own ends, thus Voldemort=God. Moreover, George Bush worships God, and no one would ever think of overthrowing that which they worship.

I mean, really, think about it. If we start with the assumption that Jesus=God, then...

Voldemort was born to his mother, with no father. His name was for his father (Jesus has become synonomous with God).

He has immense power, but dies to those who fear him. This doesn't stop him, however, as he comes back from the dead, as he never really died. He has power over life and death, and has his own Apostles (Death Eaters).

There are many who do not speak his name.

He fufilled some prophesies.

He casts evil spirits into animals.

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
#65  
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 1052/2670
(15-Dec-2005 at 02:47)


meh dude i dont know how u want to compare to voldy to god

lol vader had all that stuff too

no father
(more or less died)on mustifar, and was reborn (with all the new cybernetics and stuff they added)

and sidious is vaders MASTER...so what does that make him?

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
#66  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 191/904
(15-Dec-2005 at 02:51)


If we are to start talking politics on the matter you will see that the dark side of the force has indeed infiltrated our leaders.

http://www.gooduse.co.nz/thegoodness...ecompared2.jpg
http:// http://www.spudart.org/blog/images/2...s_darkside.jpg

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
#67  
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 195/253
(15-Dec-2005 at 03:07)


Re: Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Originally Posted by DHoffryn:
Because Jedis and Sith Lords are fearsome wariors who train their whole life and fight against overwheling odds and various kinds of enemies in a whole galaxy while the wizards from Harry Potter are childish and annoying (like their whole wizarding world) for the most part and their warior skill leave a lot to be desired.
Yes of course, how could I not think of that...it's obvious that any child is capable of murdering thousands of people, and becoming so scary that people don't even dare say his name. That's the sort of respect you can't even buy. When people are so afraid of you, that even when they are not in your presence, they are still scared to say your name.
What about Sidious? Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

As for those who say that if Harry could dodge AK, then Sidious could. How did you conclude this? Is Sidious also Harry Potter?

Quote:
People, people.

Voldemort has 7 lives, with each new one fragmenting his existing life force.

Sidious has theoretically infinite clones, with no loss of power.

Voldemort has teleporting.

Sidious has senses that extend into the future (How else can Jedi block blaster bolts?)

Voldemort has magic.

Sidious has the Force, which is present in magic, as it is present in all things.

Therefore, Sidious > Voldemort.
Yeah, Voldemort has this thing where he can transfigure Sidious into a piece of friggin dust. Voldemort could literally throw millions of spells at Sidious in the span of seconds just by thinking them. Anything he thinks of could happen. As I stated before in an earlier post, Voldemort has the upper hand because he can conjure a boggart, and seeing as how I don't know what it is that Sidious is scared of most, it would take the shape of the thing that Sidious is most afraid of. Can Sidious beat his greatest enemy, himself? Can Sidious conquer himself and his greatest fear and have time to kill Voldemort and focus on fighting him all at the same time?
I submit that he cannot.

Long Live The Red!!!
#68  
View Public Profile Find more posts by shaggers Add shaggers to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 1055/2670
(15-Dec-2005 at 03:45)


the reason sidious can dodge the AK, is simply because it CAN BE DODGED

sidious uses the force, which essentially lets him see into the future thus giving himself what appears to be EXTREMELY ENHANCED reflexes (muccccccch much better than harry's)

and if u want a reference to the seeing into the future thing...look at anakin in episode 1, pilotong the pod, he is the only human to ever be able to pilot a pod....why? cuz even bfore he KNEW HOW TO USE THE FORCE, his reflexes were "enhanced" that much

imagine how good it would seem your reflexes are if you could see a mere 1 second into the future....sidious could essentially start to dodge the AK before voldy even started to cast it...harry couldnt do that, and he still dodged it...so, therfore sidious can dodge as well

and shaggers...i reallly really think that voldy wouldnt even have the chance to conjure this fearsome beast beforwe sidous used the force to say....explode his head, or something like that

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
#69  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 10/11
Donated $0.68
(17-Dec-2005 at 15:57)


tongue

I would love to argue my point of why I would pick sidious over voldemort, my limited knowledge of the specific uses of the force and the forces of "Potter" magic greatly hampers my ability to become persuasiive. So I pic Sidious just because I like Star Wars over Potter

Around every person is a sphere of influence beyond which he cannot pass; but within range of that circle he is powerful and free.
#70  
View Public Profile Find more posts by phobos48 Add phobos48 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 32/464
(17-Dec-2005 at 16:29)


Ok people i think there is something you should know about the whole Harry dodging the AK spell thing. It didnt happen. Harry has only gotten away so many times, because there was something in betwine the spell and him. Or because he had a prophecy that said if Voldemort attacked Harry then he would be killed, or lose all his powers, or something along those lines.



I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
#71  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 353/439
(17-Dec-2005 at 21:07)


Re: Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Originally Posted by Brightbane:
Ok people i think there is something you should know about the whole Harry dodging the AK spell thing. It didnt happen. Harry has only gotten away so many times, because there was something in betwine the spell and him. Or because he had a prophecy that said if Voldemort attacked Harry then he would be killed, or lose all his powers, or something along those lines.


Rephrase argument:

Sidus could doge a bullet before the bullet was even fired (just using the bullet as a fast moving object not anything beyond that)

AK doesn't cover everywhere therefore it must be dogible by some force.

Since Sidus would know where it was going he would simply not be there when it arrived. And worst came to worst he would pull something eles in front of him if he even let LV move his wand to fire it at him.

"There are only 2 things that are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity, and I am not sure of the former."-Albert Einstein
#72  
View Public Profile Find more posts by wswordsmen Add wswordsmen to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 195/904
(17-Dec-2005 at 23:13)


If you can use that argument how did all those Jedis get wasted by the stormtroopers in Episode III? Were they just not nearly as special as the Sith dudes?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
#73  
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
Posts: 1270/1693
(18-Dec-2005 at 01:21)


Re: Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Originally Posted by shaggers:
Yeah, Voldemort has this thing where he can transfigure Sidious into a piece of friggin dust.
He has to hit Sidious with it first. And actually, I've never heard of any spell that turns people into dust. Corpses, yes, but dust?

Quote:
Voldemort could literally throw millions of spells at Sidious in the span of seconds just by thinking them.
How many words are you capable of thinking in 3 seconds? I'd put the list somewhere between 5 and 10. That's anywhere from (5-10) spells between (2.5-5) spells, given that most spells consist of 1-2 words. The mind may be a powerful thing, but it only works so fast.

Quote:
Anything he thinks of could happen.
So, to kill Harry all he'd have to do would be to think of it?

No. He first would have to find Harry, have line-of-effect to Harry, and then HIT Harry. Magic may be powerful, but even it has limits.

Quote:
As I stated before in an earlier post, Voldemort has the upper hand because he can conjure a boggart, and seeing as how I don't know what it is that Sidious is scared of most, it would take the shape of the thing that Sidious is most afraid of.
...how the hell can he conjure a boggart? Seriously, either source it or can it. Voldemort doesn't carry around a boggart in his pocket.

Quote:
Can Sidious beat his greatest enemy, himself? Can Sidious conquer himself and his greatest fear and have time to kill Voldemort and focus on fighting him all at the same time?
I submit that he cannot.
You see, that's where you and I differ. In any case, who's to say that the boggart wouldn't turn on Voldemort instead of Sidious? Voldemort has control over the Dementors, not Boggarts.

Originally Posted by Brightbane:
Harry has only gotten away so many times, because there was something in betwine the spell and him.
In the Ministry, there were the statues. In this fight, there's lightsabres. Considering that AK seems to have an effect similar to blaster bolts on physical objects, if a lightsabre can block blaster bolts, why can't it block AK?

Originally Posted by KnightoftheNite:
If you can use that argument how did all those Jedis get wasted by the stormtroopers in Episode III? Were they just not nearly as special as the Sith dudes?
Complete and utter surprise. You don't have any reason to suspect that your loyal troops will suddenly turn and kill you. Anyways, Ki Amundu (The guy with the really pointy head, I've forgotten his name) was even able to block quite a few shots before he was overwhelmed. Sidious would be expecting Voldemort to do something to try and kill him. He'd be focused on Voldemort.

In any case, even if he couldn't dodge bullets, Sidious could definately block them with his sabre. If I recall correctly, the statues leapt in front of the AK after it was fired. So either there was some precognition in that situation, or AK travels slower than bullets; either way, Sidious would be able to dodge/block it.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
#74  
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 354/439
(18-Dec-2005 at 05:15)


Re: Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Originally Posted by KnightoftheNite:
If you can use that argument how did all those Jedis get wasted by the stormtroopers in Episode III? Were they just not nearly as special as the Sith dudes?
Simple suprise I mean if they had suspected the thought of the clones turning (they were breed to follow orders and who would order them to kill a jedi?) they would have known. And what about Kay Al-Mundi (something like that still the pinkish guy with the pointy head) he did know and was only killed because of the battle droids blasting him from behind.

Plus we are talking about Sidius who beat Yoda who did know they were coming for him. So he would have been able to tell (if he was a jedi).

"There are only 2 things that are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity, and I am not sure of the former."-Albert Einstein

Last edited by wswordsmen, 18-Dec-2005 at 05:20.
#75  
View Public Profile Find more posts by wswordsmen Add wswordsmen to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 65/294
(18-Dec-2005 at 07:08)


i dun know. If sidious can defect the AK spell, can't VM do some magic to block physical and mental attacks against him? afterall, magic IS boundless.
if both were to duel, wouldnt VM set up 345345 defensive spell and protection on himself? can all upon armageddon (lol i know there no such spell)

Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
Signature height exceeded the allowed 60 pixels.
Starfriend's advertising but he didnt pay
#76  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Narth Add Narth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
Posts: 1273/1693
(18-Dec-2005 at 07:16)


Oh, for the last time.

MAGIC IS NOT BOUNDLESS!

Magic is bound by the spells you know and your power! You cannot use magic as a deus ex machina. Magic may be powerful, but it is not omnipotent!

We have seen defensive spells protecting from physical attacks, and it is to be expected that Voldemort is a skilled occlumens (If it's spelled wrong, I don't care). HOWEVER! We have no reason to belive that spells of that nature would block the Force, as the Force is not limited by line-of-sight and it is not a projectile.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
#77  
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 33/464
(18-Dec-2005 at 23:11)


JB, Magic is not a projectile nor is it limited by line of sight as proven by their ability to Apparate (absolutly no idea how to spell that). all you need to do for that ability is to picture the place you want to be, so doesnt it make sense that all Voldemort has to do is picture Sidious and cast the spell on that?

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
#78  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
Posts: 1275/1693
(18-Dec-2005 at 23:15)


Re: Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Originally Posted by Brightbane:
JB, Magic is not a projectile nor is it limited by line of sight as proven by their ability to Apparate (absolutly no idea how to spell that).
Apparation is a different case. Defensive spells are made to defend against offensive magic; most magic that actually does serious physical harm has either been a) projectile or b) touch. I'm not counting those little curses that do cosmetic damage. Bacta, biotches .

Quote:
all you need to do for that ability is to picture the place you want to be, so doesnt it make sense that all Voldemort has to do is picture Sidious and cast the spell on that?
Not really; why didn't Voldemort just picture Dumbledore and AK him? Or Harry, or anyone else. Why not picture his parents and AK them from across the world?

Of course, there are the spells which move you around; that levitiation spell, for instance. Line-of-sight, but not projectile. However, Sidious can easily counter that with telekinesis.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
#79  
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 74/294
(19-Dec-2005 at 01:56)


so if sidious is soo powerful to break neck, crash body, steal wand. why dont he do them to the jedi knights?

and how does the force work really? does it travel through the air before reaching the target? if so, can't VM cast a barrier or smth?

Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
Signature height exceeded the allowed 60 pixels.
Starfriend's advertising but he didnt pay
#80  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Narth Add Narth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump:

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
War Win rankings by Alliance [merged] Sir Wulf Alliances Discussions 82 24-Mar-2006 07:57
Withdrawal - Win Biddus Utopia Suggestions 31 27-Nov-2005 18:05
21 reasons why President George W. Bush will Win in 2004 PatrioticSpirit Respectable General Discussions 123 15-Apr-2004 00:26
Anime Fight (I): Dragonball vs Inu Yasha Dilbert Polls Heaven 22 09-Jan-2004 16:26
First War Win! jay rules Utopia Discussions 1 06-Jul-2003 11:12


All times are GMT+1. The time now is 10:10.

Powered by vBulletin (modified)
Copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.