Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Which villain would come out on top?
Darth Sidious 97 65.54%
Voldemort 51 34.46%
Who voted? Voters: 148
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(19-Dec-2005 at 02:16)

Re: Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Originally Posted by Narth:
i dun know. If sidious can defect the AK spell, can't VM do some magic to block physical and mental attacks against him? afterall, magic IS boundless.
if both were to duel, wouldnt VM set up 345345 defensive spell and protection on himself? can all upon armageddon (lol i know there no such spell)
You can't control someones mind with magic just their body, and the force only needs the mind. Plus the force acts on the object itself there is no way to block it by placing something in between the target and the force user.

And jedi know how to defend themselvels with the force aswell so a confrontation would rely on indirect use of the force and skills with a lightsaber

"There are only 2 things that are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity, and I am not sure of the former."-Albert Einstein

Last edited by wswordsmen, 19-Dec-2005 at 02:21.
View Public Profile Find more posts by wswordsmen Add wswordsmen to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(19-Dec-2005 at 15:36)

Originally Posted by Narth:
so if sidious is soo powerful to break neck, crash body, steal wand. why dont he do them to the jedi knights?
2 reasons; he does, and it's hard to do that when someone can block it through the force.

Quote:
and how does the force work really? does it travel through the air before reaching the target? if so, can't VM cast a barrier or smth?
Nope. If he grabs the wand, the wand flies. If he causes blood to boil, it boils. If he wants to levitate you, you levitate. No projectile motion required.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.51
(20-Dec-2005 at 03:54)
Dark Side PWNS ALL!!!

End of discussion!

(not to say that the battle wouldn't be rather spectacular: earth magic vs. galactic Force. However, no matter how evil-intended voldemort may be, nothing except a lightsaber or the Halcyon energy-absorbption Force Power can stop force-lightning )

"Keep your concentration on the here and now."
"But Master Yoda told me to be mindful of the future!"
"But not at the expense of the moment; be mindful of the Living Force, my young Padawan."
View Public Profile Find more posts by iammebutnotme Add iammebutnotme to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Dec-2005 at 20:07)

Quote:
You can't control someones mind with magic just their body, and the force only needs the mind. Plus the force acts on the object itself there is no way to block it by placing something in between the target and the force user.
than i'd like to know what imperius curse would do, or LV's posseesion for that matter(possesion, check end-battle of HP5, LV possesses harry, but feels alot of pain). that quite a lot mind-stuff.

LS stuff is bullshit. to get to a lightsaber battle, you need time, and voildy would never give sideos enough time to think of his LS.

another thingy: all those "dark guys" from star wars are cruel, they always let their enemy suffer first. voldy might do the same thing, but only if he is really sure that he has the situation under control. using legilimency, he could easy read sideos's powers, including effect and countermeasures, straight from his mind. within the blink of an eye. than, as sideos's hand moves to his LS, or his mind starts getting to reality because of the sound of the battle starting, LV would know. right after, sideos would be dead by AK. as far as i know, star wars has no thing like AK. and those good HP wizards are really fast. harry has no time to think before LV hits him wiht any spell. LV was suprised when harry lauched his Expel in 4, and still he was fast enough to cast a spell at the same time. thats speed a jedi would never achieve.

We are all new to the game. some of us are just newer than others.
People who dont read signatures aren't to bright, sorta smell, and dress funny. but let's just keep this between us, OK? they can get kinda violent. made 300 posts! where did the time go?(maybe to home...)this sentence is not truredont rep me. im love the current title i have.
View Public Profile Find more posts by gloweye Add gloweye to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Dec-2005 at 20:41)

a jedi, or sith lord in this case (which is generally more powerful than you run of the mill jedi knight) has precognition, thereofre as far a speed, as in reaction time...sisous has LV beat, plain and simple

and who cares if sidious cant use his lightsaber.... (which he could just as easily whip out as lv could his wand, so i dont see how it would be a problem, but just to argue here) Sidious's main weapon in this battle would be the use of the force, whipping objects at LV, crushing bodily organs, force lightning, ect. The only thing i would see him using his lightsaber for is for defense (blocking something), possibly a distraction, or as a last resort.....sidous would not simply whip out his lightsaber and rush into melle combat with a spellcaster

and as for the "dark guys" in starwars always letting their enemies suffer? HA! Tell me one time sidious toyed with his enimies? take episode 3 for example when mace widu and thoose 3 guys rolled in on him...what did sidous do? right off bat kill the 3 lesser jedis without a second thought. You might be able to argue that sidous had the fight with windu in the bag, and he was toying with him, but he did that solely to draw anakin to the dark side, which was his ultimate goal....and as a matter of fact tell me ANY TIME ANY "DARK GUY" EVER toyed with a opponent.....hmmmmm drawing a blank, are we? Well thats because i cant think of a occasion either.....darth maul wasted qui gon right asap...count dooku? well beside basically crushing and, cutting limbs from his opponets, more or less completely dispatching them to the point where they had to be saved by a outside party (thats the closest you will get to this "toying" your talking about) you got nothing...vader?...nothing....ect ect

basically all of the points yo just made are completely moot...

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(20-Dec-2005 at 22:51)

Originally Posted by gloweye:
than i'd like to know what imperius curse would do, or LV's posseesion for that matter(possesion, check end-battle of HP5, LV possesses harry, but feels alot of pain). that quite a lot mind-stuff.
If Voldemort could use his mental powers on Sidious, then Sidious could use his mental powers on Voldemort. Face it; Sidious was undetectable to the other Jedi for at least a decade! A decade surrounded by Force-users, and not a peep. Sidious has Voldemort matched, at the least, in the mind-power category.

Quote:
LS stuff is bullshit. to get to a lightsaber battle, you need time, and voildy would never give sideos enough time to think of his LS.
Bwah? Drawing a lightsabre is at least as easy as drawing a wand.

Quote:
another thingy: all those "dark guys" from star wars are cruel, they always let their enemy suffer first. voldy might do the same thing, but only if he is really sure that he has the situation under control. using legilimency, he could easy read sideos's powers, including effect and countermeasures, straight from his mind. within the blink of an eye. than, as sideos's hand moves to his LS, or his mind starts getting to reality because of the sound of the battle starting, LV would know. right after, sideos would be dead by AK. as far as i know, star wars has no thing like AK. and those good HP wizards are really fast. harry has no time to think before LV hits him wiht any spell. LV was suprised when harry lauched his Expel in 4, and still he was fast enough to cast a spell at the same time. thats speed a jedi would never achieve.
See chillin's point, and my point about no-mind-tricks on Jedi. Plus, Voldemort was fighting a 14-year-old boy in book 4. 14! If Voldemort is surprised by a 14-year-old, then he'd get completely slaughtered by Sidious.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lodewijk)
Donated $4.04
(21-Dec-2005 at 06:16)

Sidious cannot mind-trick LV either. He is the most accomplished Legilimens ever - he is also an extraordinary Occlumens. So no entry into his mind, I'm afraid.

And besides, Harry is more than just a 14-year old boy. He's what we would call in football a wunderkind - he punches well above his weight. As the protagonist of the series it has become evident over time that he has exceptional latent magical potential (mastering the Patronus), not to mention the protection of his mother's blood. His evasion of Voldemort does not reflect on the Dark Lord as badly as some wish to make out.

Not to mention, the only way Harry did escape him in GoF is because of the Priori Incantatem reverse-wand effect. Unless Sidious manages to get his hands on Harry's wand, I don't see that happening if he duels LV.

Is birth always a fall?
Do angels have wings? Can men fly?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Happy Sid Add Happy Sid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Dec-2005 at 14:31)

Quote:
It doesn't matter.Force users have a very trained mind.I doubt that anything Voldermort can do will even bother Sidious

Quote:
You are kidding right?.Force users have faster reflexes then people.By the time Voldermort draws his wand Sidious will already have his lightsaber out for a long time

Quote:
all those "dark guys" from star wars are cruel, they always let their enemy suffer first.
In Star Wars it is arleady after they have cripled their oponent.So it wouldn't matter

Quote:
he same thing, but only if he is really sure that he has the situation under control. using legilimency, he could easy read sideos's powers, including effect and countermeasures, straight from his mind. within the blink of an eye
Except for the fact that Force users train their mind since they are small kids.On the other side Sidious doesn't even need to read Voldermorts mind.He has precognition like abilities and he would be ready for Voldy's moves

Quote:
as far as i know, star wars has no thing like AK
It has blasters.Faster and just as deadlier as AK .And jedis have no problem dealing with them.Even with several shoots at one time

Quote:
a jedi, or sith lord in this case (which is generally more powerful than you run of the mill jedi knight) has precognition, thereofre as far a speed, as in reaction time...sisous has LV beat, plain and simple
This is true.He also has those force jumps.He can easily dodge any spell.A Force user will always be far faster then any wizard.

Quote:
Sidious's main weapon in this battle would be the use of the force, whipping objects at LV, crushing bodily organs, force lightning, ect
Another advantage for the force users.They can multi task.He can throw several objects at the same time(and probably force jump and use forcelighting as well) at Voldermort while he can do only one spell at the time

Quote:
idious cannot mind-trick LV either. He is the most accomplished Legilimens ever - he is also an extraordinary Occlumens. So no entry into his mind, I'm afraid.
Fair enough.But i doubt he would need something like this with his enchanced reflexes

Quote:
And besides, Harry is more than just a 14-year old boy. He's what we would call in football a wunderkind - he punches well above his weight
I disagree.The only wunderkind would be that Harmony chick.Harry just seem to be a medicore wizard with lots of luck and more talented friends who save his ass.To be honest i find the kid quite pathetic.No wonder the only cool guy in the series that Snape dude kicked his ass so easily in the last book

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Dec-2005 at 20:26)

Quote:
It doesn't matter.Force users have a very trained mind.I doubt that anything Voldermort can do will even bother Sidious
Quote:
Except for the fact that Force users train their mind since they are small kids.On the other side Sidious doesn't even need to read Voldermorts mind.He has precognition like abilities and he would be ready for Voldy's moves
yes it does! LV's mind is so stron that he had masterd magic, castingit at will, stuff like that, before he even know that it existed.

Quote:
You are kidding right?.Force users have faster reflexes then people.By the time Voldermort draws his wand Sidious will already have his lightsaber out for a long time
so has LV.
Quote:

In Star Wars it is arleady after they have cripled their oponent.So it wouldn't matter
also before...

Quote:
It has blasters.Faster and just as deadlier as AK .And jedis have no problem dealing with them.Even with several shoots at one time
can be either pulse or matter. this stuff is magic, so only counterspells(not working on AK) or dodging the stuff could do... adn that cant be done of the sole matter that some spells effecting the surrounding and enemies are not visible, not even a flash of light. hard to dogde something you cant see.

Quote:
Quote:
Sidious's main weapon in this battle would be the use of the force, whipping objects at LV, crushing bodily organs, force lightning, ect

Another advantage for the force users.They can multi task.He can throw several objects at the same time(and probably force jump and use forcelighting as well) at Voldermort while he can do only one spell at the time
all of those require time. once the battle began, there will be no time to even lift it up.

Quote:
Quote:
And besides, Harry is more than just a 14-year old boy. He's what we would call in football a wunderkind - he punches well above his weight

I disagree.The only wunderkind would be that Harmony chick.Harry just seem to be a medicore wizard with lots of luck and more talented friends who save his ass.To be honest i find the kid quite pathetic.No wonder the only cool guy in the series that Snape dude kicked his ass so easily in the last book
to bad.... as LV is suprised by HP juping form behind. you might not callin it a real surpise, but its the time in what the light need to go to LV"s eye, and the eye needs to sent it to the mind. after that, there would be no more time required.

about the looking into the future thing... LV says he has studies ALL sorts of magic, and dumbeldores only exception is love. so that includes divination. LV would beat Sideos with that one as well.

Face it-- HP wizard can be beaten only by people having the same streangths, but are better at it.

We are all new to the game. some of us are just newer than others.
People who dont read signatures aren't to bright, sorta smell, and dress funny. but let's just keep this between us, OK? they can get kinda violent. made 300 posts! where did the time go?(maybe to home...)this sentence is not truredont rep me. im love the current title i have.
View Public Profile Find more posts by gloweye Add gloweye to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Dec-2005 at 20:48)

Quote:
yes it does! LV's mind is so stron that he had masterd magic, castingit at will, stuff like that, before he even know that it existed.
In the best case this will simpy mean that Sidious won't be able to mind fuck him.But to think that LV has a chance at atacking Sidious mind is silly.

Quote:
so has LV.
No he doesn't.

Quote:
also before...
Nope

Quote:
can be either pulse or matter. this stuff is magic, so only counterspells(not working on AK) or dodging the stuff could do... adn that cant be done of the sole matter that some spells effecting the surrounding and enemies are not visible, not even a flash of light. hard to dogde something you cant see.
Dude did you even bother to watch Star Wars?Even 6 years old or less are already training to dodge and deflect atacks without the use of their eyes.Jeez thats how the training of that idiot Luke began .And if i remember right whent that Dumbdore guy fought LV he used a statue to block the AK and it worked perfectly.The same can be used by Sidious or he can simply use his saber.Not to mention that he is perfectly capable of dodging it

Quote:
all of those require time. once the battle began, there will be no time to even lift it up.
No they don't.Not for someone as experienced as Sidious.Unless he is trying to lift several tons

Quote:
to bad.... as LV is suprised by HP juping form behind. you might not callin it a real surpise, but its the time in what the light need to go to LV"s eye, and the eye needs to sent it to the mind. after that, there would be no more time required.
huh?I can't understand what you are saying

Quote:
about the looking into the future thing... LV says he has studies ALL sorts of magic, and dumbeldores only exception is love. so that includes divination. LV would beat Sideos with that one as well.
Wow you are geting realy desperate aren't you?

Quote:
Face it-- HP wizard can be beaten only by people having the same streangths, but are better at it.
No dude you should face it.Wizards are simply inferior to jedis in battle.Try to get over your devotion to HP and look at things objectivly

Jeez this thread is starting to remind of that silly thread a while ago where people were actualy trying to argue that jedi's have a chance against dragonball z fighters.

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(22-Dec-2005 at 01:26)

Quote:
Jeez this thread is starting to remind of that silly thread a while ago where people were actualy trying to argue that jedi's have a chance against dragonball z fighters.
Well you are trying to argue who would win between two diffrent characters from two totally diffrent universes.

A more challanging question for you all is, who would win out of sideous and Voldemort in this universe where their Force and Magic doesn't exist? (Niether would a light sabre, and I cant imagine a little stick being much use as a weapon)

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Dec-2005 at 05:52)

Originally Posted by Azure Dragon:
A more challanging question for you all is, who would win out of sideous and Voldemort in this universe where their Force and Magic doesn't exist? (Niether would a light sabre, and I cant imagine a little stick being much use as a weapon)
Why would the lightsaber not exist in a world without force and magic? If you take that away, then you are matching Sideous and Voldemort up with completely uneven disadvantages (2 for Sideous vs 1 for Voldemort). You either give them both equal disadvantages, and as you said, the 'little stick' doesn't have much use as a weapon (without magic), so merely taking that away isn't going to equalise the loss of the lightsaber.

By taking away the abilities that make the characters special and unique, you devolve the argument completely, to 'this guy would punch out this guy!' When we are arguing whether the Force or Magic is greater, with the use of the 'strongest' characters from the respective fields.

I am not crazy. Those are not voices in my head.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Golgoth Add Golgoth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lodewijk)
Donated $4.04
(22-Dec-2005 at 06:09)

Quote:
No. Hermione has attained a degree of demi-god-hood mainly due to Mary-Sue fanon portrayals and the movies which have elevated her to Amazon-like status. She is insecure, indecisive, and crumbles under pressure. And it can be fairly demonstrated that she is not a genius - she is very clever and studious, but she lacks the immense latent talent that Harry has (I could give you a list of things that demonstrate that, but it should be obvious to those who have read the books.) In all the conclusions of the 6 books it has been Harry on his own (barring the 3rd one).

He most certainly is a wunderkind. He masters spells very, very quickly when he puts his mind to it, and is capable of extraordinary feats (conjuring a corporeal Patronus at age 14). He shows immense courage and fortitude throughout the course of his development. Harry Potter, in his own right, is formidable indeed.

The implications this holds for the LV-Sidious argument is that it isn't fair to decry LV's achievments in comparison to Sidious - by simply dismissing Harry as a little boy. I would wager that many of the people trumpeting Sidious haven't even read the HP books, which would result in a necessarily skewed perspective. It's hard to get a base of comparison if your opinion of a character is based on the movies or on hearsay.

The problem with this argument is that people are willing to make enormous extrapolations with Sidious' powers (often without direct canonical evidence) and are either unaware of or choose to ignore the possibilities available to Voldemort. Looking at HP Lexicon, there are literally hundreds of spells available to the guy. He is possessed of almost unprecedented magical ability. And most significantly, we haven't got the 7th book yet! So up to this point in the series, it might be fair to say that we don't know all that LV can do yet. Wait until the cataclysmic final battle of the series and then we'll see what happens.

EDIT; HA! I just thought of something. If Voldemort takes some Felix Felicis, then bang! He can't lose! Liquid luck, *everything* he does becomes lucky. So he can dodge anything, all his spells hit home, and everything goes right. Q.E.D. Bang-bang.

And hey, we've all forgotten that LV can just slip Sidious a love potion. A big advantage there

(It was just a joke. Don't jump down my throat about the impossibility of actually feeding our Sith friend an Amortentia potion.)

Is birth always a fall?
Do angels have wings? Can men fly?

Last edited by Lodewijk, 22-Dec-2005 at 06:10.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Happy Sid Add Happy Sid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Dec-2005 at 09:11)

Quote:
In this case i think that Voldermort would win since he is younger.Unless Sidious knows martial arts and can fight without the force

Quote:
No. Hermione has attained a degree of demi-god-hood mainly due to Mary-Sue fanon portrayals and the movies which have elevated her to Amazon-like status. She is insecure, indecisive, and crumbles under pressure. And it can be fairly demonstrated that she is not a genius - she is very clever and studious, but she lacks the immense latent talent that Harry has (I could give you a list of things that demonstrate that, but it should be obvious to those who have read the books.) In all the conclusions of the 6 books it has been Harry on his own (barring the 3rd one).
Well i haven't watched any of the movies so that doesn't influence my opinion.And from the book while you are correct that she has emotional problems she still seems way more talented then HP.And as i said he seems just another medicore wizard with lots and lots of luck and ton of friends.He doesn't seem especialy talented .Except for the flying if you call that talent.

Quote:
He most certainly is a wunderkind. He masters spells very, very quickly when he puts his mind to it, and is capable of extraordinary feats (conjuring a corporeal Patronus at age 14). He shows immense courage and fortitude throughout the course of his development. Harry Potter, in his own right, is formidable indeed.
I disagree completly.The one who seems to master spells at once is Hermionie.The whole patronus thing doesn't seem to be very impressive.It's not like he got from once.He learned it under the supervision of teacher and had great motiviation.As for his courage i think this is more his arrogance,complete lack of any common sense whatsover combined with sheer idiocy.I wouldn't call him so much fomidable more like someone who deserves a place in the top 10 of most annoying and whining character that have ever existed

My my we do seem to see this character in a different way wouldn't you say

Quote:
The implications this holds for the LV-Sidious argument is that it isn't fair to decry LV's achievments in comparison to Sidious - by simply dismissing Harry as a little boy. I would wager that many of the people trumpeting Sidious haven't even read the HP books, which would result in a necessarily skewed perspective. It's hard to get a base of comparison if your opinion of a character is based on the movies or on hearsay.
As i said i haven't seen any of the movies.I have read only the books.And while my opinion of Harry Potter greatly differs from yours in the end i don't think that changes anything.Sidious still has more advantages in my opinion

Quote:
The problem with this argument is that people are willing to make enormous extrapolations with Sidious' powers (often without direct canonical evidence) and are either unaware of or choose to ignore the possibilities available to Voldemort. Looking at HP Lexicon, there are literally hundreds of spells available to the guy. He is possessed of almost unprecedented magical ability. And most significantly, we haven't got the 7th book yet! So up to this point in the series, it might be fair to say that we don't know all that LV can do yet. Wait until the cataclysmic final battle of the series and then we'll see what happens.
Could you show me an example?From what i've seen everything we said here about Sidious comes directly from the movies.And i am sure that if you find some star wars nerd and dig through the huge star wars universe you can probably find that Sidious is even more powerful.
And yes they are literaly hundreds of spells avaible to any wizard.I don't think that changes anything.In the end they still have to be cast and fired.The only thing that gives Voldermort a serious advantage would be the teleportation.If he can use this wisely he may have a small chance against Sidious.Or at least be able to run away.But considering that Sidious has precognitive like abilities i am not even sure if that can help him

Quote:
EDIT; HA! I just thought of something. If Voldemort takes some Felix Felicis, then bang! He can't lose! Liquid luck, *everything* he does becomes lucky. So he can dodge anything, all his spells hit home, and everything goes right. Q.E.D. Bang-bang.
Well if you allow him an outside help like this you should allow Sidious to take his Death Star.It's only fair.

(23-Dec-2005 at 08:00)

im not going to dismiss voldy's accomplishments because they were against a "little kid", but i would like to point out that sidous is going up against highly trained jedi (and alot of them too)

and none of them beat him...NONE He lost by being backstabbed by his right hand man

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Dec-2005 at 10:46)
Please do not insult Lord Sidius comparing him to Lord Voldemort.. Sidious ruled an Empire (with capital E!) and could only be beaten by the most powerful Jedi (who actually turned on him) and Voldemort got beaten by a kid..
But putting that away, Sidius is a far more intelligent man that Voldemort could ever get to be. He would kill Voldemort before he gets to the duel.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kamu Add Kamu to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Dec-2005 at 11:50)

Originally Posted by Kamu:
Please do not insult Lord Sidius comparing him to Lord Voldemort.. Sidious ruled an Empire (with capital E!) and could only be beaten by the most powerful Jedi (who actually turned on him) and Voldemort got beaten by a kid..
But putting that away, Sidius is a far more intelligent man that Voldemort could ever get to be. He would kill Voldemort before he gets to the duel.
this certainly make me think you didnt read any of the post people posted here eailer

make it the kid whose the LEAD in the series. so kid's bond to win. evil never wins.

Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
Signature height exceeded the allowed 60 pixels.
Starfriend's advertising but he didnt pay
View Public Profile Find more posts by Narth Add Narth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Dec-2005 at 11:53)

narth what are u talking about....bothy voldy and sidious are evil....

and there are rare occasions where evil wins

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
(24-Dec-2005 at 21:25)

Originally Posted by Lodewijk:

And hey, we've all forgotten that LV can just slip Sidious a love potion. A big advantage there

(It was just a joke. Don't jump down my throat about the impossibility of actually feeding our Sith friend an Amortentia potion.)
I am going to end this argument

1) LV and DS are both fictional. (anyone who disputes me here should go to an insane asylum)

2) Since they are fictional what we think makes it reality. (In our minds of course)

3) More people think Sidious would win. (##:## margin in his favor about)

4) Therefore Sidious wins.

And lets look at everything 1 at a time:

Precoginitve: Both have extrely detailed but need to actually be looking to see it, easier for sidious to look (dreams) than LV. Super short Term goes to sidous.

Superhuman reflexs: Sidous has LV could but would need a spell before to get.
One hit kills: Equal

Ability to get that hit: AK can be doged while some focus is needed to use the force. That is really the only one either would let come into play.

Distance arm needs to travel to use said ability: LV has to go from his side to his wand (wherever that is) to pointing at Sidous.
Sidious has to lift his arm and thats it. But he also has to focus which would be the X factor.

So it is can Sidious break LV wand, neck/otherwise incapacitate vs. how long it takes for LV to get his wand. Assuming they both have same arm speed which Sidious vs. non-magic enhanced LV is much faster at.

"There are only 2 things that are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity, and I am not sure of the former."-Albert Einstein
View Public Profile Find more posts by wswordsmen Add wswordsmen to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Sephoroth)
(User is Banned)
(30-Dec-2005 at 11:57)

Voldemort is immortal

Sidious is....old..'nuff said

Voldemort does shield charm protego, sidious cant touch him. voldemort does avada kedavra and kills sidious. everyone just likes sidious cos hes got a kool lightsaber ^.^

Atropos
I <3 you Kath = Devastation ECL = Pwnage Genesis Alliance - [PWN] = Remains FTW

"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret;
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye."

~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
View Public Profile Find more posts by A t r o p o s Add A t r o p o s to your Buddy List Reply with Quote