Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.83 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(20-Dec-2006 at 02:41)

[2004] Lost

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Plot: Oceanic Flight 815 out of Sydney, Australia is mysteriously brought down out of the sky, crashing on an uncharted island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. The survivors quickly learn they must band together in order to have any hope of rescue, because the island is treacherous and holds many secrets. As they are about to learn, the survivors have secrets of their own.

Actors:
Naveen Andrews .... Sayid Jarrah (55 episodes, 2004-2007)
Matthew Fox .... Dr. Jack Shephard (55 episodes, 2004-2007)
Jorge Garcia .... Hugo 'Hurley' Reyes (55 episodes, 2004-2007)
Josh Holloway .... James 'Sawyer' Ford (55 episodes, 2004-2007)
Daniel Dae Kim .... Jin Kwon (55 episodes, 2004-2007)
Evangeline Lilly .... Kate Austen (55 episodes, 2004-2007)
Dominic Monaghan .... Charlie Pace (55 episodes, 2004-2007)
Terry O'Quinn .... John Locke (55 episodes, 2004-2007)
Yunjin Kim .... Sun Kwon (54 episodes, 2004-2007)
Emilie de Ravin .... Claire Littleton (53 episodes, 2004-2007)
Harold Perrineau .... Michael Dawson (48 episodes, 2004-2006)
Maggie Grace .... Shannon Rutherford (45 episodes, 2004-2006)
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje .... Mr. Eko (28 episodes, 2005-2006)
Malcolm David Kelley .... Walt Lloyd (28 episodes, 2004-2006)
Ian Somerhalder .... Boone Carlyle (27 episodes, 2004-2006)
Michelle Rodriguez .... Ana-Lucia Cortez / ... (24 episodes, 2005-2006)

TV.com link:
http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/summary.html

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Dec-2006 at 18:54)

I am not sure about Lost. I liked the first season, but then I started realizing that there is no unified logical plot to it which explains everything. That made it suck. A lot.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as jenn2006)
(22-Dec-2006 at 20:04)

there doesnt have to be logic. i love this show. its one of the best shows so far. you dont need logic in a good show 10 out of 10!!!

Giraffes are cool
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jenn2008 Add Jenn2008 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lodewijk)
Donated $4.04
(23-Dec-2006 at 12:28)

Quote:
I am not sure about Lost. I liked the first season, but then I started realizing that there is no unified logical plot to it which explains everything. That made it suck. A lot.
There is still, you know, a whole few seasons left to run. Wanting everything to be explained after one or two seasons is a little much There is already plenty of evidence to a unified plot governing the events of the island.

But yes, the best show on television, bar none. LOST > Life.

Is birth always a fall?
Do angels have wings? Can men fly?

Last edited by Lodewijk, 23-Dec-2006 at 12:30.
Edit reason: cosmetic.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Happy Sid Add Happy Sid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.04
(23-Dec-2006 at 13:54)
If I were stuck on an island for 60 days with characters like Charlie, Claire, Jack and (previously) Boone, with no hope of escape, I'd hang myself from the nearest coconut tree. Coincidently enough, that is the same general desire I am filled with when I watch the show.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kazac Add Kazac to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Dec-2006 at 16:04)

Quote:
There is still, you know, a whole few seasons left to run. Wanting everything to be explained after one or two seasons is a little much
My problem with the show was not that after two seasons there are unexplained things, my problem with it is that many things will not be explainable

Think for example about the episode that showed it could all be just Hurley dreaming.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as jenn2006)
(23-Dec-2006 at 16:18)

i highly doubt it is all jsut a dream. besides why watch a show where everything is cut and dry. why not watch a show and enjoy the mystery of not know. i enjoy that way more then knowing whats gonna happen every week...

Giraffes are cool
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jenn2008 Add Jenn2008 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Dec-2006 at 14:06)

That is exactly why I liked it in the first season, and for large parts of the second season. Because it was mysterious etc. Trying to figure stuff out is the fun of it. Now it is largely reduced to random incoherent nonsense.
(Posted as jenn2006)
(24-Dec-2006 at 15:04)

well my motto is if you dont like it dont watch it

Giraffes are cool
Donated $9.31
(25-Dec-2006 at 00:29)

Re: [2004] Lost

Originally Posted by Apeiron: View Post
I've come to the exact same conclusion. I thought the series had great potential, and I liked the way they were taking it for most of the first season. Later, though, it became obvious that they didn't really know where to take it. Just one more unexplained out-of-place weird event after the other. I still watch it though. It's decent enough, and either way I'm too much curious by nature to just stop watching it. I just hope they reach a conclusion.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(02-Jan-2007 at 04:48)

I agree with the guys saying first season okay but the it went downhill. It was hard to figure stuff out when you miss alot, but from what i gather its just disaster after disaster and the ending will be crappy.

1/5 (the 1 is only for the first 1/2 of teh first season)

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 04:59)

Simply the greatest show on television. I've watched both the 1st and 2nd seasons about 5 times now, and I'm not surprised that most people can't see where this is heading. Nothing is unexplainable, at least I can't believe I've missed anything that is. This is a ficticious show after all, and how can there be limits on fiction? Not to mention that Abrams and Lindeloff have *promised* that the series ending and explanation will not be a cop out, such as a dream or anything like that. They've also stated that by the end of season 3, all the questions from 1 and 2 will be answered. So perhaps people should be tuning in come February.

5/5

Last Member of the Church of Valek
-------------------------------------
Insert something witty here.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -John Paul Jones

Last edited by Dead Canaanite, 15-Jan-2007 at 04:59.
View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2007 at 11:55)

Yup, it started out promising, but after 1 serie, plots kept being added without anything being solved. Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against mystery. Hell, i love mystery and this is exactly why i liked it in the first place. But you gotta solve SOMETHING! Anything! So i skiped most of the 2nd series and tuned in at the end of em again. It was like tuning into the bold and the beatifull. NOTHING had happened and still nothing was solved. I didnt miss a thing. It's just a very expensive soapserie on an island. there's no storyline.

Godspill
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lady Lurking Add Lady Lurking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as star54)
(27-Apr-2007 at 08:46)

I agree with alot of the above!

First season AWESOME! But then it just got confused. I think it is mainly because it didn't finish the story lines quick enough, they just let it drag on, over numerous episodes, and then kept extending the ideas to make it too farfetched.

So now, I don't watch it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Faraway14 Add Faraway14 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-May-2007 at 12:13)

Dear god that was an awesome fianle.It had me at the edge of my seat.The sheer amount of killing was amazing.I've watched war movies with less people dying.And it caught off my guard so many times.Really didn't expect Locke to kill Naomi or Hurley's stunt.And Mikhail?That man is like the terminator i wouldn't surprised to see in the next season only missing an arm..And the end.What the hell?The flash back was from the future?The lost writers really outdid themselves.Can't wait for the next season

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-May-2007 at 23:40)

The flash forward was brilliant. He kept referring to his father, but obviously he's so messed up that he doesn't realize his father is dead.

It's a bit lame that Locke came back and the three hostages weren't really killed, but they're great characters so I'm happy they're not gone. Charlie dying is fine with me. The actor played his role really well, and I have nothing against him. The personality of Charlie is annoying however, and I have something against him.

I wonder where the hell Naomi came from. Since Penelope made it clear that she didn't know a Naomi, it would seem that Ben was right about Naomi being with "the bad guys". That would mean there's yet another group of interest.
(30-May-2007 at 18:57)

Quote:
The flash forward was brilliant. He kept referring to his father, but obviously he's so messed up that he doesn't realize his father is dead.
No kidding.Did you saw what he takes?Oxycodone thast stuff is supoused to be more powerful then morphine

I liked Lock'e comeback.Altough did he really have to kill Naomi.She was so cute

You know i wouldn't be surprised if Naomi worked for Penelope's father.That might explain a few things

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Jan-2008 at 00:22)

Have any of you been playing find815.com?

www.find815.com

"I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down" V
I dont know how I got here, or where I was going, but now that Im here I am scared...
My moodiness makes me profound. I appreciate Herman Melville and you don't.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Irimholdil Add Irimholdil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(27-Feb-2008 at 01:29)

I totally agree with Cloud. I've watched all up to season 4 ep 1 and I just started to dislike it more and more when all logic was removed from it.

~ŠeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(28-Feb-2008 at 01:19)

Re: [2004] Lost

Originally Posted by DeRnhelm: View Post
I totally agree with Cloud. I've watched all up to season 4 ep 1 and I just started to dislike it more and more when all logic was removed from it.
Hmm, strange. I really enjoyed the first season, but then I felt it started to get too crazy in the second season. Then the third season was very good I felt; they actually started explaining stuff. Think the fourth has started off well too.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote