Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.75 average
Donated $9.31
(11-Jul-2008 at 17:11)

Re: [1997] Stargate SG-1

Originally Posted by Roxtin: View Post
Continuum ... well, it was intriguing but a little 'out there' even by Stargate standards.
Have you seen Window of Opportunity?

I enjoyed Contiunuum more than Ark of Truth, to be fair, though of course Ark of Truth brought an end to the story, which was nice. I do think there's going to be one or several more movies, partly because of
what Baal hinted at in the end, that he wasn't the last Baal out there.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Jul-2008 at 18:49)

Originally Posted by Nimon: View Post
what Baal hinted at in the end, that he wasn't the last Baal out there.
But wasn't the last Baal the one that traveled to the past and got shot by Cameron? At least that's how I interpreted the whole thing

Backa backa mother.....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic19)
(11-Jul-2008 at 19:28)

Originally Posted by Largoi: View Post
But wasn't the last Baal the one that traveled to the past and got shot by Cameron? At least that's how I interpreted the whole thing
Yes.

Its the whole time loop thing. Messes with your head. (This doesnt need spoilers because the main theme of Continuum was time travel)

Personally I preferred Ark of Truth because there were no real "slow" bits like in Continuum.

I do hope that they make more movies (and make them interesting!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Jul-2008 at 20:28)

Originally Posted by Celtic19: View Post
I do hope that they make more movies (and make them interesting!)
Same here, or they could make a new show with Daniel and Teal'c going around the universe as modern day Indiana Jones kicking ass and collecting treasure That would be horrible, but I'd still watch it

Backa backa mother.....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(11-Jul-2008 at 21:42)

Has anyone seen the two movies that's been released since the neding of the show?
Saw both last night to be honest, and they were pretty okay.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic19)
(12-Jul-2008 at 05:54)

Same here, or they could make a new show with Daniel and Teal'c going around the universe as modern day Indiana Jones kicking ass and collecting treasure That would be horrible, but I'd still watch it
Obviously you havent heard about the newest stargate spin-off thats in the works

StarGate Universe

It doesnt sound like such a great idea at the moment but its only on the drawing boards right now so we will have to see....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jul-2008 at 18:12)

Obviously you havent heard about the newest stargate spin-off thats in the works

StarGate Universe

It doesnt sound like such a great idea at the moment but its only on the drawing boards right now so we will have to see....
I think it sounds nice

Backa backa mother.....
(Posted as azar90)
(12-Jul-2008 at 18:48)
Originally Posted by Roxtin: View Post
Seen them both ... I enjoyed them both, but Ark of Truth was better in my opinion.
Oh dear Continuum hasn't been released here yet, and I was hoping it'd be better than TAOT, because I found that one a little...boring. Maybe boring's the wrong word. The plot just felt a little shallow and disconnected

For example, the replicators' return didn't really achieve anything except to separate the team for the great bulk of the show, and Teal'c's journey seemed...pointless
View Public Profile Find more posts by Az 90 Add Az 90 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic19)
(12-Jul-2008 at 19:05)

Originally Posted by azar90: View Post
Oh dear Continuum hasn't been released here yet, and I was hoping it'd be better than TAOT, because I found that one a little...boring. Maybe boring's the wrong word. The plot just felt a little shallow and disconnected

For example, the replicators' return didn't really achieve anything except to separate the team for the great bulk of the show, and Teal'c's journey seemed...pointless
I actually thought the replicator return was quite interesting because it provided a second threat the team had to deal with instead of just sneaking around the Ori galaxy looking for a box....

As for Teal'c's journey. It showed what a tough unkillable badass he was Well IMO.
(Posted as azar90)
(13-Jul-2008 at 05:51)

I actually thought the replicator return was quite interesting because it provided a second threat the team had to deal with instead of just sneaking around the Ori galaxy looking for a box....

As for Teal'c's journey. It showed what a tough unkillable badass he was Well IMO.
Well, except for when he was lying face-down and needed that Ancient to come and save him
View Public Profile Find more posts by Az 90 Add Az 90 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote