Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(20-Dec-2006 at 03:19)

[2004] House M.D.

Genre: Drama, Mystery

Plot: From executive producers Paul Attanasio, Katie Jacobs, David Shore, and Bryan Singer comes a new take on mystery, where the villain is a medical malady and the hero is an irreverent, controversial doctor who trusts no one, least of all his patients. Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) is devoid of bedside manner and wouldn't even talk to his patients if he could get away with it.

Actors:
Hugh Laurie .... Dr. Gregory House (57 episodes, 2004-2006)
Omar Epps .... Dr. Eric Foreman / ... (57 episodes, 2004-2006)
Robert Sean Leonard .... Dr. James Wilson (57 episodes, 2004-2006)
Jesse Spencer .... Dr. Robert Chase / ... (57 episodes, 2004-2006)
Lisa Edelstein .... Dr. Lisa Cuddy (56 episodes, 2004-2006)
Jennifer Morrison .... Dr. Allison Cameron / ... (56 episodes, 2004-2006)

TV.com link:
http://www.tv.com/house/show/22374/summary.html

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412142/

Last edited by Starfriend, 20-Dec-2006 at 03:23.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Dec-2006 at 22:10)

Another of my favorites, I love how house is so sarcastic and mean to everyone, while solving still the case and turning out to be the hero in the end.

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.64
(23-Dec-2006 at 04:30)

The character of Gregory House is wonderfully written and portrayed. Hugh Laurie is awesome.

I still need to get my hands on the Season 2 DVD boxset, and I'm waiting eagerly for Season 3 to air in Australia.
View Public Profile Find more posts by CloudHeartsMeli Add CloudHeartsMeli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Dec-2006 at 06:30)

I'm obessed with this show. Waiting for Jan 9th, when Season 3 picks up again.
View Public Profile Visit ShaggySnacks's homepage Find more posts by ShaggySnacks Add ShaggySnacks to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as wtfX)
(23-Dec-2006 at 21:28)

House is the -only- show I never miss an episode of. I love it.

Even though it's not brilliant, it just makes me laugh out loud occassionally and is always interesting to watch 'till the very end. The acting is great, the characters are all believable and after a few episodes you feel like you know the people.

Great, great show.

5 stars, 10/10 or whatever the max score is.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(30-Dec-2006 at 05:03)

another great show although repetitive, its interesting and witty and of course house's sarcasm is great.

INSANE CUBE FISHô
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(01-Jan-2007 at 17:44)

Some of the episodes take medical shortcuts, and the time frame of tests/diagnostics are far from realistic.

Though over all it's a great series, which I follow as best I can

I am 'great', and yet... I stumble.
...Naz thinks he's great, but should have self critique/irony to see that he stumbles... Stubb apparently hasn't seen the show Shark.
...Yet Stubb would provide a link to where a quote is taken from... How's -that- for an URL. ;] ... How about -this- as the #1 result? ;p Explanation: PEBKAC HELP! I'm being repressed!. . . I love beer and WP.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 0Stubb0 Add 0Stubb0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(17-Jan-2007 at 11:24)

Laurie makes best role work in his life. He has been comedian but now he shows that he is also versatile actor. I love this show. I recomend it to anyone who wants to see bit different kind hospital series.

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(17-Jan-2007 at 22:15)

I managed to borrow a good friend's House Season 1, and I started watching it. Can't say that I liked the show very much, as the first two episodes were relatively quite similiar, only with different complications each time in the plot. Despite that, Hugh Laurie is a wonderful guy, his Golden Globe for Best Performance By An Actor In a Television Series Ė Drama was well deserved, and his acceptance speech was hilarious - by far and away the funniest speech of the night.

Dolce And Gabbana acceptance speeches for sale (for anyone who watched the Golden Globes).

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2007 at 09:34)
One of my favorite shows. Maybe cause House is much like myself. Brilliant at his job, sarcastic, pisses off everybody, but, yet has everybodys respect.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ujgearhead Add ujgearhead to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Apr-2007 at 12:24)

i absolutely love the series. its great how Laurie managed to lose his British accent, and flames everyone to the ground. Ive got both season 1 and 2 and the first part of 3 and i never miss an episode on tv.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StingUT Add StingUT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(07-May-2007 at 07:53)

I don't like how recently house has more of a storyline, I think that i the beginning of the downfall of every series. I liked it better when each week they have an issue or whatever to solve. Storylines suck. I know there is always a subtle one, but not like when the whole episode is consumed with storyline...

INSANE CUBE FISHô
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(07-May-2007 at 17:24)

last weeks didn't have a story line... house had to keep wilson's dog cuz wilson had to stay sterile and couldn't be contaminated with animal dander... and house got a new cane "Bitchin'"

best line: "your cane has flames?"
"Ya it makes it look like im going fast."

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-May-2007 at 09:34)

they're still at season 2 here. the last episode that was aired was euphoria 2. so now Foreman cant control his limbs like he should be.
i liked it more when it was just 1 show, 1 cure thing.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StingUT Add StingUT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Sep-2007 at 22:09)

What does everyone think about "Alone", the first episode of the fourth season?

In my opinion it is among the best episodes so far. The humour was awesome (abducted guitar, Cuddy's memo's, janitor-doctor etc.).
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Sep-2007 at 09:30)

I didn't like the first few episodes at first because House was the only significant character in the series and I'm not fond of that, but I realized that's the whole point. What's the use of having two Holmes-like characters in a story? If one is Holmes, naturally others have to be Watsons. I like the show because of the House character. Honestly, I don't pay much mind to the others or their stories.

Still a 5/5 in my book.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aletheia Add Aletheia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2007 at 15:00)

No-one else watched the first new House episode yet? It's so awesome. Seriously. It really raises expectations for the fourth season.

You can find it online on TV Links http://www.tv-links.co.uk/ and good torrents are available.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic19)
(02-Oct-2007 at 15:52)

Originally Posted by Apeiron: View Post
No-one else watched the first new House episode yet? It's so awesome. Seriously. It really raises expectations for the fourth season.

You can find it online on TV Links http://www.tv-links.co.uk/ and good torrents are available.
damn i didnt think to watch it on the net! Guess i will have to take a look...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Oct-2007 at 19:42)

And another great House episode this week! You guys are really missing out if you're not watching it online. This one was perhaps a bit less humorous, but the story was great: House hired dozens of doctors trying to find a new team.
(Posted as Celtic19)
(04-Oct-2007 at 21:37)

Well i downloaded the first episode of series 4. Pretty good but not up to its usual standards...

House being alone annoyed me throughout the episode, however the whole
guitar kidnapping
was great

Its just not the usual house without some lackeys who he can call idiots and they make or break the case
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote