Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(20-Dec-2006 at 03:30)

[2003] The O.C.

Genre: Crime, Drama

Plot: The O.C. - also known as Orange County, California - is an idyllic paradise, a wealthy, harbour-front community where everything and everyone appears to be perfect. But beneath the surface is a world of shifting loyalties and identities, of kids living secret lives hidden from their parents, and of parents living secret lives hidden from their children. "The O.C." tells the story of the Cohen, Cooper, and Nichol families, and Ryan Atwood, a troubled teen from the wrong side of the tracks, who is thrust into this world, and who will forever change the lives of the residents of The O.C.

Actors:
Benjamin McKenzie .... Ryan Atwood (84 episodes, 2003-2006)
Peter Gallagher .... Sandy Cohen (83 episodes, 2003-2006)
Kelly Rowan .... Kirsten Cohen (83 episodes, 2003-2006)
Adam Brody .... Seth Cohen (83 episodes, 2003-2006)
Rachel Bilson .... Summer Roberts (83 episodes, 2003-2006)
Melinda Clarke .... Julie Cooper / ... (77 episodes, 2003-2006)
Mischa Barton .... Marissa Cooper (76 episodes, 2003-2006)
Tate Donovan .... Jimmy Cooper (38 episodes, 2003-2006)
Alan Dale .... Caleb Nichol (36 episodes, 2003-2005)

TV.com link:
http://www.tv.com/the-o.c./show/16960/summary.html

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362359/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Dec-2006 at 00:05)

Started watching this show just to bug my wife. Got hooked pretty fast :/ imo a great show. 4/5 easy Much much muuuch better then for example Beverly Hills
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(30-Dec-2006 at 04:59)

good actors, mostly fresh and not well known (when it started anyways) great story line, mildly repetitive at points but still gripping, the music is really good and Adam Brody is H-O-T-T!

4/5

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2006 at 04:06)

This TV series has the greatest music. I love this show.

9/10
View Public Profile Find more posts by dennis0 Add dennis0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(02-Jan-2007 at 02:45)

Agreed with all of the above. The OC has the best music, and the plot is also great
9/10

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(22-Jan-2007 at 23:51)

i have missed the last 2 episodes and now its on at 9.30 so I have to tape it coz I go out to pool on Tuesdays! This sucks! I will still watch it but what has happened the last 2 weeks (question aimed at Aussie's) *kicks Alex*

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(23-Jan-2007 at 00:48)

I won't go into much detail, but I'll give you a site which will briefly describe what happens in the episode(s) that you missed: Here.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(23-Jan-2007 at 00:51)

So how does everyone feel about the show ending after this season?

I think it's a smart move, this way they can end it with some dignity. Send the kids off to college. (that's my prediction anyway)

"If You Fall, I’ll Be There"
-– Floor

Last edited by Starfriend, 23-Jan-2007 at 00:52.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.64
(23-Jan-2007 at 01:22)

Well to be honest, the show starting dipping in quality at the start of the second season, or even the beginning of the third season.

I don't think it was the creator's/producer's choice to end the show after this season, but yes they can hopefully end it with some dignity.
View Public Profile Find more posts by CloudHeartsMeli Add CloudHeartsMeli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(25-Jan-2007 at 00:48)

I am so curious about what will happen, like in the last episode. Marissa dying would have been a good ending, it wasn't the same without her... But Ryan and I forget her name...... Taylor! are cute though.

INSANE CUBE FISH™
(06-Feb-2007 at 08:07)

I have to say I'm loving the 4th season...
And agreed on Ryan and Taylor... they are very cute

Hopefully the show won't get canceled or another network picks it up.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(08-Feb-2007 at 03:25)

Kirsten preggers

wow, last nights episode was cool. Is it really really really ending? I'm sad. I want it to keep going. Maybe they should build a prestigious university in orange county Babies are so cute. I want a baby!

INSANE CUBE FISH™
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(26-Feb-2007 at 23:13)

Yeah, so I just saw the season finale and overall ending of this show and well... it could've been worse. That's about all I can say really. Just meh.

"If You Fall, I’ll Be There"
-– Floor

(28-Feb-2007 at 09:51)

Re: [2003] The O.C.

Originally Posted by Starfriend: View Post
Yeah, so I just saw the season finale and overall ending of this show and well... it could've been worse. That's about all I can say really. Just meh.
I kinda liked the ending (not that I wanted it to end)

Maybe could've focused a bit more on Ryan and Taylor, and the 6 month jump at the start wasn't to great but all in all a good ending I'd say.

Both me and my wife will miss this show a lot. But oh well life goes on I guess