Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > General Site Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(27-Jun-2011 at 09:36)

get rid of 6 month rule

now that the users are small and we are kinda innactive i was wondering if we could lift the 6 month thread rule to make us posting in old favorite threads easier

Saint Sinner for President 2012
You're all fucking stupid
You're mafia, dont deny it.
Absalom
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skraz Add Skraz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(11-Jul-2011 at 09:52)
Just wanted to get in on this thread before 6 months are up
View Public Profile Find more posts by pudge Add pudge to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jul-2011 at 11:22)

I really like this idea. Who cares about people resurrecting old threads, when there's no new threads to get pushed away because of it?

Let us have our nostalgia and a little bit of fun, I say

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(20-Jul-2011 at 18:21)

I predict warnings if we did that
Personally I see no problem with it for threads in LA but other sections might see a resurgence of thread topping and while warnings are just that, warnings, most users see them as a personal attack and something much much more than what they actually are
I would support a lift of the rule in LA but im not sure its possible, though admittedly I havent worked with vB in some time

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jul-2011 at 05:50)

But who cares about thread-topping nowadays? There's only 3 or 4 active threads at a time in one area, and that's being pretty generous. Nothing active will be pushed off the page, or even near it, unless I am grossly underestimating the number of thread necro's.
And if there will really be that many topped threads, I think people would enjoy seeing those threads coming back to the limelight for a little bit.
With activity as it is, I don't think it's a problem.

Of course I don't have evidence or the information you may have, so take my opinion just as that, an opinion from a user.

I'd be perfectly fine with it being confined to LA, by the way. That's where pretty much all the 'fun-to-see-again-threads' are, anyway.
(Maybe the Movies, Books and Mafia sections would be nice too, but in RGD for example I doubt anyone is interested in rehashing a year-old argument).

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(23-Jul-2011 at 22:33)

Quote:
(Maybe the Movies, Books and Mafia sections would be nice too
Movies and books ect maybe
Mafia .. I dont see a reason at all

Quote:
but in RGD for example I doubt anyone is interested in rehashing a year-old argument).
You do read RGD?

In any event .. you can simply create a new thread and link the old one you wish to add to if you wanted.

The majority of text that is posted in a thread older than 6 months have normally been nothing more than a "I agree/disagree" posts which add nothing to the discussion.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote