Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Movie Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(13-Jun-2006 at 11:02)

[1957] 12 Angry Men

Genre: Drama, Crime

Director: Sidney Lumet

Plot: A dissenting juror in a murder trial slowly manages to convince the others that the case is not as obviously clear as it seemed in court.

Actors:
Martin Balsam .... Juror #1
John Fiedler .... Juror #2
Lee J. Cobb .... Juror #3
E.G. Marshall .... Juror #4
Jack Klugman .... Juror #5
Ed Binns .... Juror #6 (as Edward Binns)
Jack Warden .... Juror #7
Henry Fonda .... Juror #8/Mr. Davis
Joseph Sweeney .... Juror #9/Mr. McCardle
Ed Begley .... Juror #10
George Voskovec .... Juror #11
Robert Webber .... Juror #12

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050083/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lodewijk)
Donated $4.04
(13-Jun-2006 at 11:09)

One of the great American plays, one of the great American films. Henry Fonda (8th) and Ed Begley (10th) are both exceptional, but Lee J. Cobb as the 3rd Juror is simply extraordinary. If you have watched/read the play, you would remember that the 3rd Juror is the most intriguing of the characters - Lee J. Cobb delivers one of the most memorable performances you are ever likely to see.

I know I say it a lot, but they really do not make films like this anymore. Absolutely gripping drama, the like of which sorely, sorely needs replication.

Like that's even possible

10/10

Is birth always a fall?
Do angels have wings? Can men fly?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Happy Sid Add Happy Sid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old lmc
(20-Jun-2006 at 21:20)

One of my all-time favourites. Wonderful dialogue. 10/10

Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

Groucho Marx
http://tangenitaldrunkeness.blogspot...ac22c48044bdd8
View Public Profile Visit lmc's homepage Find more posts by lmc Add lmc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Jun-2007 at 00:58)

I've only seen it once and I can easily understand why it's a classic.

10/10
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Dec-2010 at 01:55)

This one is quite good.

Some of the shots are a little old-timey (the way they zoom in on one of the jurors gets pretty embarassing at one point, it makes him look like frickin' ET), but overall it's a movie that keeps you interested and it definitely has some great acting.
Also it's always great (for me at least) to see those old movies and how some part of life was back then.

8/10
I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but I think it stands the test of time quite well and I would definitely consider it a movie you can't have missed if you aim to see 'good movies throughout motion picture history'.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote