Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(06-Feb-2004 at 00:48)
training grounds...

aight i think training grounds are pretty pointless early on and even when i get big i dont even use them... i was thinking they'd be used more if they were given another advantage

my idea was that not only would it decrease maintenence costs, it would also increase draft rate and training... we'll say for now 20% max? i just thought of this since i cant stand that they have the building, i think its basically pointless...
flame away...
View Public Profile Find more posts by blinkme7 Add blinkme7 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Aslyn)
(06-Feb-2004 at 01:00)

No flames from me.....I was running my Undeads with 30% banks and 0 % training grounds...After our last pump, I switched to 20% Training Grounds and 10% banks and I am making 20k more per day...That is with an all elite army..
View Public Profile Find more posts by KLA Aslyn TDL Add KLA Aslyn TDL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Feb-2004 at 04:12)

Yeah, I've never used TGs. Well, that's not much coming from a T/M, but I did play attacker twice on gen and didn't use them either time.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
-Soren Kierkegaard
"Those who know don't say, and those who say don't know."
- Lao Tzu
More Quotes...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Syke Add Syke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Quint Shadowkit)
Donated $10.00
(06-Feb-2004 at 04:26)

I used training grounds, its good for all elite armies that I have plus war science
View Public Profile Find more posts by Shadowkit Add Shadowkit to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $3.78
(06-Feb-2004 at 04:53)

this is also an idea for a new building... but not a bad idea

http://forums.utopiatemple.com/showt...light=training

_\|/_
~"."~
~|___|~
_||_
View Public Profile Find more posts by Eagles037 Add Eagles037 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2004 at 01:55)

they are good enough as they are

Someone egoist is someone who doesnt think about me

_______
View Public Profile Find more posts by DarKestoNe Add DarKestoNe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as quantumchaos)
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(07-Feb-2004 at 16:05)

ive often thought that myself... but maybe like %*2 30% max or something
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2004 at 00:52)
Not a single training ground here either, waste of space. have a near all elite army and still don't need em. Extra 20% draft rate would almost change my mind though.
View Public Profile Find more posts by patad Add patad to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2004 at 12:46)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Quint Shadowkit)

I used training grounds, its good for all elite armies that I have plus war science
yeah but having an all-elite army is not common - they're pretty expensive and some of em are weak on defence (orcs ne1?)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Burningboy Add Burningboy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2004 at 18:34)

Training grounds are only worth it if you are using an all elite army and your not a warrior/have 70% of your peasents as leets since with the wizards and the thiefs you got almost no peasent making banks worthless
I have 60% of my total pop as leets and im warrior so banks are better

-"Just who do you think he is? God?"
-"No, god would have mercy, he won't"
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Chaos Add The Chaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2004 at 20:07)

I run all elite, and TG's are a lifesaver. They earn me about 40k a day I'd say on ten percent. Then again, I have horrendous maintainence costs

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2004 at 22:12)
going all elite, TG's and banks combo usually works for the best. and you're saying it's NOT common?!?!?! Dwarves and undeads, what do you think they do sit around with offspecs and defspecs? i would go all elite in both cases, but i'm an avian and their defense bites
View Public Profile Find more posts by MeeniMyniMo Add MeeniMyniMo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2004 at 22:18)

well im an undead and i use off and def specs although i am workin on converting them and then i might use the TG's but as of now i dont even bother with them...never have and never will probably

Burning flames, shooting energy bursts, power with anger and superforms that kind of fights a Saiyan really desires
View Public Profile Visit draconis84's homepage Find more posts by draconis84 Add draconis84 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2004 at 03:47)
i just dont see a point, i have 25k elites atm and banks are doing fine for me... i just thought that for a rather new building its not used as much as some of the other buildings are... figured it needed to have something else so that more people would use it
View Public Profile Find more posts by blinkme7 Add blinkme7 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(12-Feb-2004 at 22:18)

ARGH!

Quote:
(Originally posted by MeeniMyniMo)

going all elite, TG's and banks combo usually works for the best. and you're saying it's NOT common?!?!?! Dwarves and undeads, what do you think they do sit around with offspecs and defspecs? i would go all elite in both cases, but i'm an avian and their defense bites
Sorry, I'm a bit sensitive to that sort of generalization. What you meant to say is that the TGs + Banks combo can work best if and only if you have more than 20% banks + TGs, as well as horrendous expenses.

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Feb-2004 at 08:11)
going all elite WILL render you horrendous expenses and true, if over 20%...
View Public Profile Find more posts by MeeniMyniMo Add MeeniMyniMo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as cANibUs)
(User is Banned)
(14-Feb-2004 at 11:18)

make it how rouges stealth are faster!! Just draft rate would increase in a higher pace only during hostile and war!!

SOLACE (No special rank, were all equal)
AWE HATS SPAMMER
View Public Profile Find more posts by canibus Add canibus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Blind Fury)
(15-Feb-2004 at 00:11)

i agree with QS i have used them in the best for elite arimies and they do help you maintaine a large army

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Rsik everything or gain nothing
He who is not with me is against me
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dark Hordes Add Dark Hordes to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Feb-2004 at 00:20)

i play elf mystic and i use TG for war science and for lower maintenence with my 30k elite defence its helps out alot runing 25% banks and 15% TG i make a fair bit of cash per hour 89k per hour i luv them they give more then librarys and they give more then all banks.

the art to killing it to not be killed
the colour white
View Public Profile Find more posts by XxBaBooNxX Add XxBaBooNxX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Feb-2004 at 17:13)
I'm playing undead war hero, going attacker mage. Since I've guilds and banks and towers, I go tog everyday when I'm not in war. Running 30% banks, 18% guilds and 10% towers. I get 12k net income a day, but an extra 800k each day from tog. On top of that, I get to react fast to sudden declarations(yeah, I'm paranoid) cos I have enough guilds and runes lying around. Also, I'm running 66% draft, full elites, and that's 22k elites at 1310 acres.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thyname Add Thyname to your Buddy List Reply with Quote