Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as ferny06)
(05-Sep-2002 at 05:37)

Why does everybody hate George Bush?

This is your chance to tell why you hate bush in a thread specifically for that. I wanna see how many bush supporters we got. BEGIN.

PS. NO INSULTING COUNTRIES.

Izzy is back and older than ever!
View Public Profile Visit Little Kid Izzy's homepage Find more posts by Little Kid Izzy Add Little Kid Izzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Sep-2002 at 09:24)
I don't hate George Bush. I hate George W Bush. Just kidding...

I don't waste time hating people, or at least I try not to. Why send out bad vibes when you can send out good ones.

But I think the main reason people don't like the guy is because he is very confrontational. He goes back to the whole Us vs them thing many of us thought the US grew out of with the end of the Soviet Union. Personally I think his style may not be bad for a nation at war, but I really do not believe the US is at war or should be at war. (As a side note, while military action may be necessary, it is a little presumptuous calling the whole thing a war. It is like putting me in the ring with a professional boxer and calling it a boxing match.)

I am proud to violate your signature!
View Public Profile Find more posts by eraist Add eraist to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(05-Sep-2002 at 10:15)

bush is a monkey dude up there at the podium saying crappy sentences with the wrong grammer and making our country look bad. geez, at least he can TRY to act smart and TRY to know what he's doing. personally wouldve appreciated it if he tried to negotiate with afghanistan.

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $31.68
(05-Sep-2002 at 20:40)

I've sworn not to discuss politics with people here, but I'll make an exception.

George W. Bush has the charm and intelligence of a sack of potatos.
With the possible exception of Dan Quayle, GWB is the stupidest politician ever.

Gwill http://emblems.utopiatemple.com/pic00232.gif
ICQ #47751994
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View Public Profile Visit Gwill's homepage Find more posts by Gwill Add Gwill to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.64
(05-Sep-2002 at 20:59)
GWill, you may gain some credibility and have a respectable opinion if you formulized it like an adult. Not "He is stupid, he is dumb, etc". If you dont like him, give reasons, just saying that he is stupid makes your opinion worthless.

Furthermore, I seriously doubt that he is "stupid". His name may have gotten him into college, it sure as hell didnt get him his degrees though. He speaks as someone from the south might. He never pretended to be a refined blue blood, he has always proclaimed and portrayed the exact opposite. He is a well rounded, "average" individual....just like the majority of the USA...

PS. Read Dan Quale's book, "Worth Fighting For" and then tell me he is stupid. Its full of intelligent and intellecually stimulating opinions on how a country should be run.
Remember, just because he spelled the word, potato, incorrectly one time as vice president does not mean that he is a moron.

Lord Drizzt, negotiate with afghanistan? You have to be kidding me...That would have went real far against radical fundamentalists. Did the taliban and al-qaida negotiate the destruction of the World Trade Center buildings, and the loss of over 3000 innocent people? I think not...
View Public Profile Find more posts by josh8888 Add josh8888 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Sep-2002 at 22:23)

Seccond that josh. I don't see why people hate him so. I don't agree w/ all of his polices, but who does? I think he's doing a good job, and will contine to do so. He's honnest, (unlike a certin former president) knows about world events, and has great advisors. I think that the problem is that everyone thinks of him as a little prep who didn't do a honnest day's work in his life, when that's odviously not true.

He's not perfect, but neither are we. Get over it!

-Spike, Command Sergeant Major of the UT Army

"See you space cowboy."

Resist the Evil Wintel Empire! Run Mac or Linix!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spike Spiegel Add Spike Spiegel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Sep-2002 at 22:30)

Josh, I feel that Gwill's post says all it needs to say in a few posts. No more words are needed. And not only did Dan Quayle not spell potato right, he got into an argument with a little grade school kid over it. He may have wisened up a little since then, but Dan Quayle made several mistakes that, although did not make him truly an idiot, certainly made the american people think he was an idiot, and in a political career, the only thing that really matters is what people think of you.

However, Gwill, I wouldn't say that dubya is the stupidest politician ever, although he's certainly in the top ten. Probably the least intelligent President, though. He has no political guile, it's obvious that all of his thoughts are fed to him from others. His Vice President is more qualified to be president than he is, but Dick keeps on having those heart attacks, so health issues naturally keep him from running. Can't have our VP die out on us now.

Also, Josh, if your name is powerful enough, you can get through college's courses too. This has been proven many times throughout history. You couldn't get a phd with just your name, but a bachelors and maybe a masters with your name alone.

Josh, you also display the fact that you believe the propaganda that the Dubya Administration feeds us. You think that Afghanistan is nothing more than a big pit of terrorists, but the country is a formal one, it has diplomats to most other nations, and is recognized as an actual country throughout the world. The Al Quaida is not the government. They may control the the government, but they are not the government. The Taliban controls the government, and, directly, the Taliban did not bomb the trade towers, that was the Al Quaida. The Taliban probably paid for it though, or at the least allowed the Al Quaida to do it.

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Sep-2002 at 22:32)

the man is a moron...anything he says has some real words to think about. one of the funniest speeches i ever saw him make was when he called on all nation to fight terrorism. he looked like he was in the back yard of the white house. it was a great speech up until the camera zoomed out and revealed that he was on a golf course. then he said "watch me hit this drive." as if he didn't really care.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acworth Add Acworth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(06-Sep-2002 at 00:05)

Reasons to dislike Bush:

1) He was only elected because of support from big buisnesses, who in turn have gigantic influence. Bush never won the popular vote in the primaries or main election... my guess is that he 'pulled some strings'.

2) Bush's foreign policies... I'm sure you all know what I mean.

3) Bush is just trying to do what his daddy couldn't... control the mid-east. Bush isn't doing this in the interest of the country... He's just using 9/11 and the 'thread of Sadam' as an excuse...

4) Bush is under influence of the big buisnesses... they elected him, they have power over him. Bush does what the buisnesses want, not what the majority wants.

5) His knowledge of actual politics... which is about this -||- big.

6) Bush's accent... No offence to Texans (I have Texas relatives myself), but his accent just sounds annoying.

**7**) The biggest reason I dislike Bush... is because of the bad image he sets for America, and the ammount of enemies he makes.

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light
Slave of Justara
Home~The Gaming Universe~Forums
View Public Profile Visit AznBlade's homepage Find more posts by AznBlade Add AznBlade to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Sep-2002 at 00:13)
From the news coverage we saw it looked like he cheated his way into power.
How can anyone (including Americans) belive anything he says?
View Public Profile Find more posts by drumstic Add drumstic to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as iZR1)
(06-Sep-2002 at 00:51)
mad

Amen drumstick. I've had trouble deciding on if it was worse that he was elected or how we Americans are percieved because we (supposedly) elected him. How are we supposed to try and fight for a world of democracy if our own system is in doubt. Now, I'll admit that I know next to nothing about any political issues (hey I'm only 16) but I would rather have any1, ANYONE, in office than an idiot who thinks that subliminable is a word and that holding a 1 day forum, that was supposed to be an open discussion with people with many different points of view, filled with only his advisors and people who plugged campaign will help some problems with the economy. Although I do admire him for taking a whole day out of his vacation to hold a worthless 1 day forum. Thanks Mr. President.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MoonSlayer Add MoonSlayer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(06-Sep-2002 at 01:12)

*sigh*

I remind everyone AGAIN--

AMERICA IS NOT A DEMOCRACY, IT IS A REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC INFLUENCED BY DEMOCRATIC IDEALS

If you would like to have me explain the difference again, just ask.

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light
Slave of Justara
Home~The Gaming Universe~Forums
View Public Profile Visit AznBlade's homepage Find more posts by AznBlade Add AznBlade to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Sep-2002 at 01:57)

for christs' sake please don't explain again

if there was ever a time in U.S. history that we would change the format of our government now would be the biggest change. bush wants america for himself and only himself.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acworth Add Acworth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Sep-2002 at 02:29)
Well, you see... George Bush doesn't practise what he preaches and calls all the middle eastern countries the axis of evil. WHO IS HE to call countries an axis of evil... and also America's a super power nation so nobody dares to fight back what Bush says. Yea, that's bout how I hate George Bush. And I'm not insulting America.
View Public Profile Find more posts by JediKnight2Rulz Add JediKnight2Rulz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Sep-2002 at 02:38)

i remember that "axis of evil" speech...that was just as bad as a "crusade against terrorism". does bush want to piss everyone off? referring back to the world wars is not a very good idea and mentioning a crusade against terrorism translates into killing middle easterners and they already hit us once.
(Posted as ferny06)
(06-Sep-2002 at 03:40)

Quote:
Reasons to dislike Bush:

1) He was only elected because of support from big buisnesses, who in turn have gigantic influence. Bush never won the popular vote in the primaries or main election... my guess is that he 'pulled some strings'.

2) Bush's foreign policies... I'm sure you all know what I mean.

3) Bush is just trying to do what his daddy couldn't... control the mid-east. Bush isn't doing this in the interest of the country... He's just using 9/11 and the 'thread of Sadam' as an excuse...

4) Bush is under influence of the big buisnesses... they elected him, they have power over him. Bush does what the buisnesses want, not what the majority wants.

5) His knowledge of actual politics... which is about this -||- big.

6) Bush's accent... No offence to Texans (I have Texas relatives myself), but his accent just sounds annoying.

**7**) The biggest reason I dislike Bush... is because of the bad image he sets for America, and the ammount of enemies he makes.
1)Actually, he did win the majority vote in the primaries. And he didn't pull some strings, it was just a lot of recounting.

2)His foreign policy is simple and should have been implimented all along: your either with us, or against us.

3)Yes, he may be trying to calm down the middle east, who isnt? And by the way, there is a threat of Saddam. It will take a nuke in washington or new york to finally get our attention like osama bin laden did.

4)He's been screwing over big business with the new laws he is trying to pass.

5)He knows a lot more politics than you probably do AZN, so i wouldn't be talking. The guy talked himself into the oval office.

6)Hey, dont make fun of the texan accent. I am texan, and I AM PROUD OF IT!

7)I believe that the world just wants us to be their bitch, to do wat they want when they want it. We finally have a president that doesn't do wat all the other countries want just for them. The enemies he makes are the ones that want to use us like a bitch. And I for one, am happy bush won't allow it anymore.

View Public Profile Visit Little Kid Izzy's homepage Find more posts by Little Kid Izzy Add Little Kid Izzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.56
(06-Sep-2002 at 04:44)

Y'all biatches can all go to hell for your hate crimes against an honest man, Dubyah is a sweet caring and lovable man. I mean, come on, look at him, look at him! He looks like a cute little baby And he looks so cute when he's up there trying to say his little speeches. He looks so cute up infront of that minature podium with that tiny little minature suit on, awwww ... how cute!!!! I just want to pinch his cheeks and smother him to death with love. I could watch that man talk all day, it's like being at the hospital where they keep the babies, but all those babies' cuteness is wrapped up into one man. So cute, So cute! I think we should have a moderator come in and change the name of this thread to

"Why is my lil' Dubyah such a cute little pu'nam"

And that will be that.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ictous Add Ictous to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(06-Sep-2002 at 04:57)

1: He is gay.
2: He is ugly.
3: Hes friggin retarded.
4: He dont care shit bout anything except what his sponsors tell him to. Wich probably aint what "the general american" want, since the general american aint rich.

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as ferny06)
(06-Sep-2002 at 05:45)

Quote:
1: He is gay.
2: He is ugly.
3: Hes friggin retarded.
4: He dont care shit bout anything except what his sponsors tell him to. Wich probably aint what "the general american" want, since the general american aint rich.

1: He's not gay people, we all know that.
2: Some people think he is cute.
3: He has been to college
4: He is sort of screwing over a lot of his "sponsors'

Donated $1.20
(06-Sep-2002 at 05:54)

1: How can you tell? Just by looking at him? (I know he's not gay)
2: In my eyes (Im a guy), he's damn ugly. And so he should be. (I know he might be cute in some peoples eyes)
3: Going to college dont meen he cant be stupid. I just retarded as an expression, not in its literal sence. (And he could be smart, he just never showed it when I was watching)
4: If he screwed his sponsors over, too bad for him. Lets just hope for his sake that he got enough money at the bank til next election, else heŽll get busted.

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote