Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(18-Jul-2002 at 17:33)

I dont know, but my logic is that if matter is constant (neither created or destroyed), then the matter a black hole consumes must end up somewhere else. Therefore black holes must end up somewhere, be it in another universe, another location in the universe, or another dimension which inturns has "black holes" to redirect matter to our dimension.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jherrith Add Jherrith to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jul-2002 at 19:15)

but the matter in a black hole doesn't go anywhere.

its just really really dense.

its like if you took a loaf of that really cheap and unhealthy (200% calcium!) white bread, and squeeze it down REALLY SMALL you could like, fit it into a small cup... the bread didn't go anywhere, it just takes up less volume.

ZStellar
Utopia Temple Emblem Design Team

[requests] [gallery] [starfall gallery]
View Public Profile Visit Gunner Stellar's homepage Find more posts by Gunner Stellar Add Gunner Stellar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Kokiriaz)
(18-Jul-2002 at 20:14)
When you travel faster than light, you gain in on the light. This means you actually go back in time, visually. But only visually. And there is no way of keeping your "traveling-faster-than-light"-machine in one place, so you could see the history of earth.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DarkBlades Add DarkBlades to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.84
(18-Jul-2002 at 20:29)

You can't go faster then light. It's speed is always the same relative to your own.

An observer can see you going at the speed of light, but to you light will always appear to be going 300k kps(km per sec) faster then you.

Koli
Farewell my Utopian friends. May you all find what you seek out of life.
View Public Profile Visit Koli's homepage Find more posts by Koli Add Koli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(18-Jul-2002 at 21:25)

shes right, because you can't see if you are ahead of light so therefore is you could see while going at the spedd of light, there is light ahead of you

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light
Slave of Justara
Home~The Gaming Universe~Forums
View Public Profile Visit AznBlade's homepage Find more posts by AznBlade Add AznBlade to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jul-2002 at 21:54)

freak

are you saying that if we are travelling at the speed of light,.. we would not be able to know it? (well, apart from the fact that you would probably be vapourised),.. cool!

anyhoo, thnks for the explanation of how the universe works.. now what i dont get is, why there was suddenly a load of spherical matter (or whatever you call it) init... if the universe was infinite, then wouldnt the possibility of another lot of matter existing in this place 100% possible? then again, there's this theory about antrophy and all dat.. :P
View Public Profile Find more posts by Garbok Add Garbok to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.84
(18-Jul-2002 at 22:13)

DO NOT call me SHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
geeezz i wish peeps would read my sig it blatantly says i am MALE!
oi!

Koli
Farewell my Utopian friends. May you all find what you seek out of life.
View Public Profile Visit Koli's homepage Find more posts by Koli Add Koli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Jul-2002 at 09:53)

freak

Muwhahahahahahha!!! i think it must have been your last photo,.. and that stuff about lovey dovey huggles and dolphins... Wuahahahahahahaha!!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Garbok Add Garbok to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Jul-2002 at 10:49)

well, matter can NEVER go faster than light. incase u didnt know, the faster u go, the heavier u become. therefore, a matter can NEVER go faster than light cause of the mass will increase with increased force. thats y only energy can go at the speed of light.

and i read a previous page and would like to discuss the "Evolution vs Creation" theories. personally, as a christian, i believe in the Creation theory cause to my knowledge, theory of evolution involves non-living cells evolving to living cells.

and dont say that creationists dont belong in the Scientic Discussions. Majority of astronomers r christians
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dilbert Add Dilbert to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Jul-2002 at 11:21)

freak

yeah, but most christians are not creationists then are they?

anyway, about non living cells to living cells,.. i think it has something to do with protein created in the atmosphere long long ago (methane an' stuff) being stuffed together, forming the first dna,.. which started evolution.. this makes more sense to me then the fact that everything miraculously appeared suddenly one tick..

still, i respect your views,.. everyone has their say in this matter...
(Posted as Kokiriaz)
(19-Jul-2002 at 16:48)
So, the faster you go, the more heavy you become? So you have the speed of light and the speed of heavy? (Just couldn't resist.)
View Public Profile Find more posts by DarkBlades Add DarkBlades to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Kokiriaz)
(19-Jul-2002 at 16:52)
By the way, Dilbert. You said only energy can go at the speed of light. Well, the only energy that can go at the speed of light is light itself.
(19-Jul-2002 at 17:03)

Ok, time to settle the bible thing. You don't know who wrote it and you don't know if you can trust their words. Becuase the guy who wrote it could of been crazy, and thought he was a guy named James the first day, John the second, and Peter the third. We can prove evolution, can you prove creation? No. Unless you are stupid like that TV evanglist and say that the dinosaurs chewed up Noah's wife and thats why there are no more dinosaurs.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Worstoe Add Worstoe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Jul-2002 at 18:03)
Well, sorry guys, but theres been some pretty fundamental miscomprehensions of the physics behind this....

1) Time is mathematically similar (though fundamentally different). Thinking of time as a fourth spatial dimension is a common misconception. Basically, time is like a fourth dimension, but different.
2) Mathematically, there could possibly be an infinite number of dimensions, but mathematically speaking, it is probable that there less than or equal to 37. There is a fairly well accepted theory (string theory) which puts us in a 37 dimensional universe, but with the 34 that we can't see squashed up very small (to put it simply).
3) Firemage; Gravitation can be modelled as a dimension, as can electromagnetic charge amongst other things. Again, this is different to spatial dimensions, and should not be confused.
4) Ingky; time does not travel at a different rate if you are in space, just when you are moving. The space ship thing would occur because of the one twin moving, not because of him being in space.
5) By present methods (ie, pushing something hard, like a rocket for example), you cannot travel faster than light. The faster you go, the heavier you get, so at the speed of light, you would have an infinite mass, and so would require an infinite amount of energy to accelerate you to that speed. There are loopholes in some theories which would allow us to travel faster than light, but even if this were possible (which it almost certainly is not), these technologies are a long, long way away.
6) In response to the original question, if there were a 4 dimensional being, you would still have the same needs for energy (food) etc, as we do, so would almost certainly exist on some kind of 4 dimensional planet etc. Basically you are asking whether there is such a thing as a 4th dimension, which has been discussed. We would be able to see 4 dimensional beings, but we could only see a 3 dimensional 'slice' of them. Think of our wolrd as a 2D piece of paper, and the being as a sphere. The being could pass through our plane, and we would see it as a circle as it did so. It would also change shape (the circles would change size), as it passed through.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Yttrium Add Yttrium to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Jul-2002 at 18:10)

"settle" the bible thing.

I wouldn't touch that with a 20 foot pole.

As for nonliving cells evolving into living cells...

"life" as we know it is determined by a set of amino acids - basic building-block of life, to use a cliche. Every life form on earth uses the same set of amino acids. Now, the trick is, how do we get amino acids from the non-living primordial soup? We, this is doable in a number of circumastances (most of which are impossible in todays enviroment, but definately possible around the time life is supposed to have begun). I don't remember all of them, but amino acids can be created by something as simple as lighting striking near the right combination of gasses. The rest is history.

Of course, we can't know this for a fact. But it seems more plausable to me than *poof* welcome to eden.

ZStellar
Utopia Temple Emblem Design Team

[requests] [gallery] [starfall gallery]
View Public Profile Visit Gunner Stellar's homepage Find more posts by Gunner Stellar Add Gunner Stellar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(20-Jul-2002 at 01:08)

AS for the bible thing... Any knowing Christian knows not to take the bible literally (except for some othodox who take it word for word and think everyones going to hell).

Anywhoo, the if light=energy, then light has no mass, for energy is NOT mass!!

A majority of actuall KNOWLEDGEFUL Chrisitans aren't creationist, as far as being based on the "creation story", yet we still believe (since we are Christian) that God created mankind... maybe God got tired of all the noise monkeys make, so He evolved them so they wouldn't make as much noise and be so anoying...

37 universes?? What are they??

There is no way HUMANly possible to travel at the speed of light. By the time we start to travel 1/1,000,000th the speed of light, the pressure will have collapsed our entire body into a small, small, small, small, small, bloody, marble.

Scientists know the gases required to start life, the thing is, the life it would make would be very, very, very, very, very, tiny... maybe beyond microscopic possibilities...

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light
Slave of Justara
Home~The Gaming Universe~Forums
View Public Profile Visit AznBlade's homepage Find more posts by AznBlade Add AznBlade to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(20-Jul-2002 at 02:18)

Quote:
(Originally posted by AznBlade)

Drizzit...

and i quote:

And God made the Dome, and divided the waters which were under the dome from the waters which were above the dome: and it was so.
And so God called the dome Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Genesis- Chapter1 verses 7-8

And the flood Gates of heaven were opened and the waters poured down. So the flood of 40 days and 40 nights had begun.

I forgot which chapter:verse, but it's there. I had to read that passage in church...

Check your bible idiot.
srri for not checking for some time but...

thats a really crappy version of the bible u got

read some stuff in english...

NIV

Genisis 1'7-8

So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning-the second day.

nothing about a "dome"

im assuming this is about noah
Genesis 7'6-10

Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came on the earth. And Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons' wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood. Pails of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures and move along the ground, male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark, as God had commanded Noah. And after the seven days the floodwaters came on the earth.

no "floodwaters from heaven"

s o u l f i r e

Last edited by Drizzzt, 20-Jul-2002 at 02:19.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(20-Jul-2002 at 02:22)

Quote:

AS for the bible thing... Any knowing Christian knows not to take the bible literally (except for some othodox who take it word for word and think everyones going to hell).
exactly my point, why the hell r u taking it literally? "floodwaters of heaven"- actally, god did some sort of a miracle and it started pouring.

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jul-2002 at 02:28)

Quote:
A majority of actuall KNOWLEDGEFUL Chrisitans aren't creationist, as far as being based on the "creation story",
first if all, if u r proclaiming to be a christian, then u must be a creationist cause it says God "CREATED". if u r going to alter the bible into ssome twisted plot so u can gain attention, then make a new religion and call it AznBladism or something, cause it wont be the same religion if have a different view. (thats y there r so many different christian churchs)

Quote:

There is no way HUMANly possible to travel at the speed of light. By the time we start to travel 1/1,000,000th the speed of light, the pressure will have collapsed our entire body into a small, small, small, small, small, bloody, marble.
humans can go way fast than light

1 millionth of 300 000 km/s = 300 000/1 000 000 = 3/10 = 0.3 km/s = 300 meters per second.

(math may be wrong but i am only a nineth grader :P)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dilbert Add Dilbert to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jul-2002 at 02:38)

Quote:

humans can go way fast than light
i meant that humans can go way faster than one millionth of the speed of light