Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > Mafia Forum Games

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as PhoenixRider)
(10-Oct-2006 at 13:49)

Just in case the new players don't know :

Reply to your role PM as a sign of you acknowledging you have received your role and are happy with it.

And it's a Night start. Some of you with Night actions confirmed but forgot to send in Night actions

Valar Morghulis
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spine Add Spine to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as PhoenixRider)
(11-Oct-2006 at 20:17)

It's a new day for the people of Konoha but as usual there's work to be done, missions to be completed, and ramen to be eaten. However, not everyone made it through the Night safely.

Lying in a pool of blood was the body of Uchiha Sasuke, arguably the most talented Genin to surface after his brother. Who though could be strong enough to take him on alone? Rumous of 'Spiderman' and 'Two-headed monster' as well as other variations soon began to spread.

Meanwhile loud wailing could be heard from the Inuzuka clan for their most beloved son, Kiba, had fallen. The stench of seawater covered his entire body but it appears he was not drowned. One thing's for sure : His death is clouded in a mist of mystery.

Last victim was none other than the glutton of the village, Akimichi Chouza. Even with his tremendous strength, he was no match for his opponent. All it took was 2 seconds. 1 look into the intruder's eyes was enough to end his life.

There was movement elsewhere in the village, but more pressing matters were at hand.

Night 1

Dead :

Uchiha Sasuke (NeoDeGenero, Vig)
Inuzuka Kiba (Mad Morgan, Cop)
Akimichi Chouza (Apeiron, Mason Townie)

Alive :
  1. DeadMenWalking
  2. Azure Dragon
  3. Narth
  4. Cloudy
  5. Tia
  6. demi
  7. Rooivalk
  8. bobbes
  9. ElelloN
  10. Socko
  11. Money Mathews
  12. Michael1
  13. Brightbane
  14. Drizzzt
  15. moonblooded
  16. drake43
  17. Necal
  18. Unreal21
  19. jenn2006
  20. Invasion
  21. Chrizz
  22. Chillin
  23. Caelis666
  24. Belili
  25. brenton

With 25 alive it takes 13 for a clear lynch. Only bold votes will be counted. You have 72-96 hours.

Note : I still do not have confirmation from demi and Narth. If they still do not do so in the next 12 hours they will be replaced. Dead players this Night PM if interested then. Would be perfect if 2 of you offer yourself as replacements, and the third help me run this game

Valar Morghulis

Last edited by PhoenixRider, 11-Oct-2006 at 20:22.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spine Add Spine to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(11-Oct-2006 at 20:46)

sad Dead Rant...

"I understand now. Even if I must take the devil's fruit, I must gain power. I am an avenger."

I will not stop, until i find him...
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Oct-2006 at 20:52)

Quote:
Rumous of 'Spiderman' and 'Two-headed monster'
I just read through most of the Naruto Wiki, and it told me that there is a person who can summon a giant spider, and someone who merges with their dog to become a two headed wolf. I'm guessing that it was a double attack, and that is why Sasuke dies so easily, even though he is so powerful.

Quote:
The stench of seawater
Agian I'm not sure what the name is, but there is a very well known ninja who traps people in a bubble of water.

I have a question for Spine. Why do you say Sasuke's name backwards?

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(11-Oct-2006 at 21:06)

Re: Naruto Mafia

Originally Posted by Brightbane:
I have a question for Spine. Why do you say Sasuke's name backwards?
Turns in his grave:
In Japan and many other Asian Nations (eg. China)
The Surname is always put infront of Given name. Often, people referr to each other by their Surname as formal greeting, or out of respect. In addition, most Given names (especially in Chinese) doesn't make much sense, or doesn't sound nice, unless it's nick-named/played on the name.

So Uchiha is my Surname, and Sasuke is my Given name.
eg.
Uchiha-San => Honourfics
Sasuke-Kun => if you know the person better
Sasuke-Chan => if you are older, or joking, or relatively close to the person.
Sasuke-Sempai => someone who is older, or you respect as someone who is more experienced.
Sasuke => if you know the person really well
Uchiha => without honourfics, can have the wrong conotations.

Turns again and work on his report, i mean,
Erragh.. dies...
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Oct-2006 at 21:30)

Well, I know nothing about Naruto, but I don't think that this night message gives us much of a lead.

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(11-Oct-2006 at 21:53)

Originally Posted by Caelis666:
Well, I know nothing about Naruto, but I don't think that this night message gives us much of a lead.
more the fact that everyone already discected it...

it appears though that no one was attempted/saved/blocked so we can assume either neo didn't get his kill off or he was a smart vig that didn't kill randomly (why do we rarely have smart vig's that dont always kill every night)...

beyond that im with caelis i dont have much to go on knowing the theme or the night message.

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as drake43)
(11-Oct-2006 at 22:35)

wow, this totally sucks. I guess we still have another cop though (since there's so many people playing), but what an awful way to start!

I've seen a few Americanized episodes of the TV show, but I actually had to ask my gf about most of the stuff.

about the water thing, the first that came to mind (since it was one of the few episodes I've seen) was Zabuza Momochi who imprisons Kakashi in a water bubble

Signature suspended for violating the forum's rules.
Signature contained non-English.
"The translation has to be valid, and easily verifiable by a moderator doing a quick search on the Internet."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Draco Eudokus Add Draco Eudokus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as moonblooded)
(12-Oct-2006 at 00:11)

This is why I like playing mafia games that I actually know about.

Looks like at least some part (characters) of the game is set pre-retrieval arc - Sasuke is not yet a traitor (and Naruto hasn't come out yet).

Originally Posted by PhoenixRider:
Lying in a pool of blood was the body of Uchiha Sasuke, arguably the most talented Genin to surface after his brother. Who though could be strong enough to take him on alone?
SK? I can think of tons of people who could give Sasuke an ass-whipping (or -kicking, if you prefer), starting with Naruto.

Chouza, Chouji's dad (right?) was probably done in by Itachi:

All it took was 2 seconds.
1 look into the intruder's eyes was enough to end his life.
That looks like Mangekyou Sharingan to me.

Quote:
The stench of seawater covered his entire body but it appears he was not drowned. One thing's for sure : His death is clouded in a mist of mystery.
Probably Zabuza. Was he a Mist Village ninja?

Quote:
Rumous of 'Spiderman' and 'Two-headed monster' as well as other variations soon began to spread.
Don't know what this is. I think filler - IIRC there was no 'Spiderman' in the manga.

Mafias:

An Akatsuki mafia? Probable, especially given the recent direction of the manga, and there are quite a few of them to choose from. Would Itachi be GF? This I doubt. But AFAIK the leader of Akatsuki is not known, and Itachi is so popular, so it's possible.

I think an Orochimaru mafia is (more than) likely, but it doesn't look like they got their NK in.

There was movement elsewhere in the village, but more pressing matters were at hand.
MM: in the two posts above yours only BB attempted to dissect the night message, and no, Sasuke did not make a kill (probably - I don't see Katon or Chidori or even basic ninja skillz that Sasuke is so leet in), but someone did get blocked/saved/etc as I mentioned above.

P.S. ARGH Sasuke died how will Naruto have UST now?!?! sigh.

of a personal God quaquaquaqua with white beard quaquaquaqua outside time without extension who from the heights of divine apathia divine athambia divine aphasia loves us dearly;
wastes and pines wastes and pines

beckett, waiting for godot
View Public Profile Find more posts by moonduck Add moonduck to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Drizzzt)
Donated $2.20
(12-Oct-2006 at 00:30)

It sucks that Sasuke has to die so early. Going on to analyze..

Lying in a pool of blood was the body of Uchiha Sasuke, arguably the most talented Genin to surface after his brother. Who though could be strong enough to take him on alone? Rumous of 'Spiderman' and 'Two-headed monster' as well as other variations soon began to spread.
I guess we aren't going into the manga then. Obviously Orochimaru's four guards. Orochimaru mafia? Perhaps the four members are the mafia itself.

Quote:
Meanwhile loud wailing could be heard from the Inuzuka clan for their most beloved son, Kiba, had fallen. The stench of seawater covered his entire body but it appears he was not drowned. One thing's for sure : His death is clouded in a mist of mystery.
Zabuza. Only ninja in the series to use mist, as far as I know. Zabuza and Haku are probably a 2 person mafia.

Quote:
Last victim was none other than the glutton of the village, Akimichi Chouza. Even with his tremendous strength, he was no match for his opponent. All it took was 2 seconds. 1 look into the intruder's eyes was enough to end his life
Itachi. An SK possibility, or perhaps Akatsuki mafia.

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Oct-2006 at 00:52)
Talk about shocking night for the town. Anyway, there appear to be 4-5 killing parties, one of which was probably RBed last night. As for what factions, I'm willing to bet there are up to 3 mafias, and one SK around, now that our Vig is dead. Given that Sasuke is still a Vig and on the Town's side, I would speculate that the mod took the characters from the story after the first Konoha Invasion, but before Sasuke sought Orochimaru in the retreival arc.

Zabuza could have been one of the killers, but that would make him an SK? That would also clash with the timeframe I think this is set in But he seems a prime target.

'Spiderman': Kankuro's puppet 'Karasu' seems to be another suspect, but would also clash with the timeframe, since he's pro-town after the Konoha invasion.

'Two-headed Monster': Not sure, but could mean just about anything.

Itachi appears to be in the game, but how big would the mafia be? Akatsuki work in pairs at a time, no more.

Orochimaru is definitely in this, don't see how he wouldn't, with Kabuto and one or two cronies in tow.

(\ /).......(\_/)
( . .)......(O.o)
c('')('')....(> < )
View Public Profile Find more posts by bobbes Add bobbes to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Oct-2006 at 00:55)

altho all the stuff yo said makes perfect sense drizzt, and you obviously know about naruto (cuz i do to, and u hit all thoose kills on the button probably)

i doubt zabuzza and hako are a 2 person mafia...seems to small i would think zabuzza could even be ask masoned to the townie haku

or maybe zabuzza has to activate (ie find haku) then...they are mafia....
<altho that makes little sense cuz zabuzza is killing allready>>

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $0.64
(12-Oct-2006 at 01:52)

Quote:
'Two-headed Monster': Not sure, but could mean just about anything.
I thought I read about a 2 head demon cat or something... could that be it?

Quote:
Zabuza could have been one of the killers, but that would make him an SK? That would also clash with the timeframe I think this is set in But he seems a prime target.
Zabuza and Haku have the ability to control water right? Is Zabuza the only one with a "mist" attack?

Anyways i'm just trying to remember what wikipedia said about these people you mentioned.

I AM FIZZZZZ!!!!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Socko Add Socko to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Oct-2006 at 02:15)

I think the 2 headed monster could be that 2 headed/personality sound-nin that fought against Kiba while spiderman seems like that sound-nin who spins web and fought against Sasuke.

Zabuza would be the mist ninja otherwise the only other famous mist ninja that cause use the water prison would be that Akatsuki guy.

Final kill is definately Itachi. 1 look into his eyes. What else but mengekyou sharingan.

I think sound-nins is one mafia family (Could include Orochimaru). Zabuza should be a SK. Itachi could be another mafia family with that mist ninja and other Akatsuki?

The One and Only DMW
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeadMenWalking Add DeadMenWalking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Cloudy)
Donated $4.64
(12-Oct-2006 at 03:34)

So I think -now- we've pretty much established the three killing parties at work here.

1. The Sound 4 (Orochimaru's Guard) (mafia?)
2. Zabuza (SK?)
3. Itachi + Others (SK/Mafia?)

Orochomaru would definitely be in the game, so he might be a separate SK or he could be part of the first mafia. Anyway, it isn't important.

What's important is figuring out who would kill NDG, Apeiron and Mad Morgan
View Public Profile Find more posts by CloudHeartsMeli Add CloudHeartsMeli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Oct-2006 at 04:43)
Apeiron has been in mafias for a while, so just about any mafia would want to kill him.

NDG, see above I guess, since he's played in a few himself.

Mad Morgan, I can think of a few people from recent history, I'll name them later if need be.

(\ /).......(\_/)
( . .)......(O.o)
c('')('')....(> < )
View Public Profile Find more posts by bobbes Add bobbes to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Cloudy)
Donated $4.64
(12-Oct-2006 at 04:53)

No, name them now. It's not like we have anything else to go off.
View Public Profile Find more posts by CloudHeartsMeli Add CloudHeartsMeli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Oct-2006 at 05:09)

Dead Post

Oh damn it, within about 24 hours I die in 3 different mafia's

Go town!
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Tia It's a girl!
Donated $3.28
(12-Oct-2006 at 06:09)

That definitely sounds like Kidomaru from the Sound 4. Although, I doubt he would be an SK or working on his own. Definitely mafia-material comprising of other members from Hidden Sound. I wonder why he was alienated in the night message though. Perhaps giving an illusion that he wasn't part of a mafia? I think it's likely that Spine is constructing the night message in such a way that it makes us associate the kill with different characters, rather than different groups of mafia. Should be interesting, can't wait to see how all of this pans out.

fnord
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tia Add Tia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(12-Oct-2006 at 06:57)
Just letting you all know i am active and reading (and semi-understanding). I really don't understand much about the theme. So, when you start talking game mechanics i will be able to add something but until then i will be pretty much useless.
View Public Profile Find more posts by brenton Add brenton to your Buddy List Reply with Quote