Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Round 17-18 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(10-Jan-2003 at 19:54)

Shared Monarchy bonuses

What happens to bonuses when the monarchy is shared between multiple players?
Is there any limit on the number of players that can share a monarchy?
What I really want to ask is this: is it possible for an entire KD to share monarchy so that everyone gets 10% income bonuses?
I would appreciate any answers; I am in no position to be able to find out for myself...

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.64
(12-Jan-2003 at 14:20)

as far as i know, the only possibility to have two monarchs at the same time, since there is only half the votes needed for monarch.

Blood Raven
Former Head investigator of the HappinessFormulaeandIndicators of age 17 through 25.
Creator of the (now outdated) TipsandTricksGuidetoUtopia!
Haven't played Utopia in several years now. But i have returned
View Public Profile Visit Blood Raven's homepage Find more posts by Blood Raven Add Blood Raven to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2003 at 16:16)
In order to be elected, you must maintain over fifty percent of the vote of other leaders, and you must have at least 2 votes more than any other province.

You need at least 2 more votes than any other province, so you can't have 2 monarchs. However, sometimes, you see 2 kings in 1 kd. That's due to a recent monarch change and the server hasn't updated the kingdom screen yet.
View Public Profile Find more posts by gothicvincent Add gothicvincent to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.56
(13-Jan-2003 at 02:13)

Correct, then both get the bonuses for that short term.

Experimenter | NO
Bring back Dave!
Master with the UDS
Addicted to UT
It's the failures that teach us, success just rips us!
View Public Profile Visit DarkDeath X's homepage Find more posts by DarkDeath X Add DarkDeath X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.64
(13-Jan-2003 at 10:49)

NOT correct.

have you done it? have you checked whether the thing you stated is correct?

in age 16, the KD i was in had two kings for 7 days, but as it was nasty to keep (a lot of newbies which dissapeared within days) we agreed at the end to quite that style.

i believe that still hasn't changed.

Blood Raven
Former Head investigator of the HappinessFormulaeandIndicators of age 17 through 25.
Creator of the (now outdated) TipsandTricksGuidetoUtopia!
Haven't played Utopia in several years now. But i have returned
View Public Profile Visit Blood Raven's homepage Find more posts by Blood Raven Add Blood Raven to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jan-2003 at 16:05)
There is always only one monarch. Even if the votes are being shared by two. The old monarch may appear as 'King' on the KD page, but he doesn't appear as Monarch in Politics.

Another story is that I have been myself NOT monarch but still having the monarch options... What was the case with the bonuses, I don't know. (That only appeared occationally. I think it had something to do with us having multiple lords and such.)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Max Fun Add Max Fun to your Buddy List Reply with Quote