Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(30-Oct-2002 at 09:09)

Creation vs. Evolution

Ok im gonna start challenging evolution ideas again
Science is constantly being disproved, why should we trust a theoretical analysis?

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 09:23)
sunglasses

>>Science is constantly being disproved, >>why should we trust a theoretical >>analysis?

science is constantly being disproved, what are u relating this to, this generlization is far from the truth, science even at this age is still trial and error over testing a theroy , but once its right then only improments are needed to be taken, there will always be questions about a scientific descovery that will try to prove it wrong but mehh they will be addressed latter. as for evolution the reason im not really for this is this is that natural process of improvment, which normaly takes a long time to pan out and basicly havnt seen much from it,

did we evolve from money,, facks me i wasnt alive back then to view it
View Public Profile Find more posts by involker Add involker to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Master Delan X)
(30-Oct-2002 at 09:58)

OK, I have many scientific proofs that Evolution theory isn't complete as it is now. I will post them here when I have more time to type it down and when I have a dictionary near in hand to be able to use the correct words.

Master in everything
Good self confidence is
always a good thing to have
View Public Profile Find more posts by Master Delan Add Master Delan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 10:21)

Well, people argue that the theory of evolution has its flaws. True, it does. The theory is a "theory", not a "law", and is yet to be proven. At least theres more proof for the theory of evolution than there is for the theory of creation.

I pity the fool - Mr T

The Australien
BT lives on!
View Public Profile Find more posts by philphot Add philphot to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(30-Oct-2002 at 10:55)

creation is not a theory. it's a belief that you can have only through faith. there IS no proof for creation. there IS no proof for evolution either, though there is disproof. it's only a theory.

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 10:59)
I see evolution as a viable reason to our current state of existance, from whatever we began as. Creatures when put under certain situations must adapt to the environmental conditions. We know this because we bred horses into what we wanted them by forcing them to evolve. Much the way a climatic change could do to us, my main reason that i like the theory of evolution is because we are now averaging 6 inches taller than back in the middle ages, if thats not an evolutionary Change then i dont understand evolution at all, lol, cause what else would that change be called? Luck?
View Public Profile Visit Ahriman's homepage Find more posts by Ahriman Add Ahriman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 11:00)

does anyone noe any good websites to this topic? im reallie interested in all these kind of stuff...
View Public Profile Find more posts by peanuts Add peanuts to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(30-Oct-2002 at 11:15)

The accepted explanation of why we are taller than we were before is because our diet increased in the amount of protien and lots of other neccessary nutrients to obtain a good height. a little bit of evolution takes hundreds of thousands of years, and the human race hasn't evolved a bit since history started. what you see is adaption to the natural enviorment. for example, if polar bears were suddenly put in a mildly warm enviorment such as a forest, in a few decades polar bears likely won't have anymore hollow fur and won't be the color white.

s o u l f i r e
Old Bum
(30-Oct-2002 at 13:05)
"there IS no proof for creation."

??? huh???
All the proof of creation is all around us. Everything that is and ever has been was created from something.
Maybe there is no proof other than the testemonies of millions upon millions of people world wide of DIVINE creation.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bum Add Bum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Prophet Of Ages)
Donated $2.40
(30-Oct-2002 at 13:41)

Im beleive in evolution and the big bang. And not much is gonna change my thinking

-Angelic Death-
x nizlopi - jcb song for xmas #1! x
x there is a light and it never goes out... x
View Public Profile Find more posts by Angelic Death Add Angelic Death to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.92
(30-Oct-2002 at 14:12)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Lord Drizzt)

creation is not a theory. it's a belief that you can have only through faith. there IS no proof for creation. there IS no proof for evolution either, though there is disproof. it's only a theory.
Seriously, you really think there is no proof for evolution? Go do some research on Darwin's finches in the galapagos islands, or you could just read the book "The beak of the finch". There's all the proof you need.

Besides, what disproof is there that evolution doesn't occur?

Simply another American opposed to Bush

Last edited by Creoena, 30-Oct-2002 at 14:13.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Creoena Add Creoena to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Kinslayer DOAA)
(30-Oct-2002 at 14:16)

ok i believe in creation. plain and simple. however i do beilieve in evolution...to a point. i dont believe that we evolved from some single cell amobia (sp?) to what we are today. i do believe that evolution does happen to help mammals and other creatures survive. examples being birds changing color to match surroundings and other situations like that.

I consider myself to be a man of principle. But, what man does not?
Even the cutthroat, I have noticed, considers his actions "moral" after a fashion.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kinslayer Add Kinslayer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 14:55)

My only post in this thread will be the point that i make at all evolution vs Creation debates..

If the world was started by a big bang ~ who lit the fekkkin fuse ??

and on a smaller note, DNA material cannot be gained. it can be lost and changed, although how a single celled organism can evolve into all different types of life is beyond me.
View Public Profile Visit Lady TaMeri's homepage Find more posts by Lady TaMeri Add Lady TaMeri to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 15:09)

Quote:
because we are now averaging 6 inches taller than back in the middle ages
Better diets and less starvation.

My name is spelled wrong on purpose.
The statement below is a lie.
The statement above is a lie.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Furios Add Furios to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 15:17)

Oh sorry, I believe in evolution. I was just stating why they were shorter then.
That's not evolution I think. Mostly starvation.

My name is spelled wrong on purpose.
The statement below is a lie.
The statement above is a lie.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Furios Add Furios to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as kane3k)
(30-Oct-2002 at 15:22)

Theories in science are constantly being porved and disporved over more logical explenations. Creation is a theory that was created a long time ago. Now that theory has been replaced over evolution, A nore logical explenation.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gen Edwards Add Gen Edwards to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 15:38)

The big bang was likely caused by gravity pulling everything into one point, the point with the highest gravitational power. At that time, there was no other forces, no velocity from a massive explosion, so everything went the same way and to the same place. At some point, the mass of that area grew to a point where no more could be added, reached a critical point of existence so to speak. Once that happened, something much more infinitely powerful than the most powerful fusion reaction we could ever think of (the reaction was probably fission, but I'm trying to relate the power here) exploded with a velocity unmatched by any other thing since. The shockwave of that great explosion is still throwing matter into a big area of nothingness. Over billions of years, that matter coalesces into stars, sometimes really big stars, sometimes those stars blow up too, creating disturbances in the matter around them. If one of those exploding stars hit a forming star, it would toss some of the star's matter away from it. That matter would combine in it's own way, creating smaller bodies, not capable of fusion. Over time, that remenant of a star cools and hardens, eventually creating, at some points, a soup of certain chemicals that are beneficial to living, at least to single-celled organisms. There are no singlecelled organisms yet, but with a power influx (lightning), some of that primordial soup becomes alive. Barely, but alive nonetheless. This basic life feeds off of the primordial soup it came from, eventually evolving to be able to feed more. In the process, it starts emitting certain gasses. What gasses it emits changes over time, eventually emitting primarily Oxygen and Hydrogen, gasses it obtained from the primordial soup. These gases, instead of floating off into space like they would in the pre-solid earth, instead combine, eventually coalescing into bodies of water. The simple lifeforms from the primordial soup find the water a great place for habitation after a while, and continue to evolve. Eventually, that single-celled life evolves into multi-celled organisms, with such wonderful things like a backbone. Some of that new life crawls up onto the parts of the Earth that don't have any water. It follows a early relative of it, plants, which evolved away from animals fairly early on in the chain of evolution. That new animal starts to live more and more on the dry land, eating plants, and sometimes eachother. Eventually, creatures who can live entirely on dry land evolve, and that triggers all sorts of branches of evolution, creating the world we live in today.

(Note: this was based on theory, so it could be wrong, but more than likely, it's right.)

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Muzzle)
Global Moderator
(30-Oct-2002 at 21:15)

The diffrence between the Evolution therory and the creation theory, is that one harkens from actual scientific hypothsis, while the other is the idea written in a book that is taken to be holy.

People have mentioned about animals... the example given aout polar bears. That is the cause of a sudden change and survival of the fittest comes into immediate effect. Those polars bears unable to adapt to their new enviroment would die. Any and all that were left would be adapted and would multiply.

Its the same with these super bacteria bugs. We killed off most of the harmfull ones, but the ones left are the ones resistant to the anti-biotic, they grow and multiply and are immune to that anti-biotic.

Evidence suggests Humans have evolved... and were not just created.

Also, I ahve yet to be given a satisfactory reason why we are not all blundering idiots. With current knowledge of genes, its been determined that to set up any kind of diverse gene pool you need at least 30 un-related people. According to the cristian creation myth, Adam and Eve had two children, Cain and Able. Cain murdered Able. where to now? now we have two related men for one women, to whom one is genetically related.

Now, even if Adam and eve had more children, the close matches to their genes would mean that their children, or their childrens children would suffer from major gene degradation. It would be like cloning yourself, but somehow switching the Y chromosome for an X or vise versa.

Also... If when God made Adam and Eve, he didnt intend for them to go into the wide world, and for them to remain in Eden. Why then were they given individual fingerprints, individual retina prints, so many diffrent genes...?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 21:22)

There is no proof for creation. There is no logic behind creation. There is no scientific method behind creation. From everything I can see, there is no reason to believe in creation.
There is no proof for evolution. There is logic behind evolution. There is scientific method behind evolution. There is therefore two reasons to believe in evolution. Evolution is two ahead of creation.
That's why I believe in evolution.

Also, to continue with Muzzle's point, how many humans were there after Noah's Ark? Not nearly enough for a breeding population (which I think there needs to be different gene structures, or 50 couples, but I'm not sure). So, if this were true then we'd all be inbred relatives with many genetic diseases.

The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.
Evil archmage of www.teamrpg.com!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Palin Add Palin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2002 at 21:29)

Peanuts~ want some good websites? Try,

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj...pes/scopes.htm

Or using any search engine look up the Scopes Monkey Trial. Interesting stuff though, huh?

"We shall show mercy, but we shall not ask for it."
View Public Profile Visit The Lost Lands's homepage Find more posts by The Lost Lands Add The Lost Lands to your Buddy List Reply with Quote