Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(07-Oct-2003 at 12:36)
Question here....

Sometimes when I'm running internet explorer from my home computer a message pops up that says "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to be closed". You can't do anything after that so I click on o.k. It shuts my window down and I have to open up a new window to start surfing the net again. It happens mostly when I'm online playing games, like runescape. Is this a problem alot of people have, or did I download a virus or something? I'm using Windows XP with my internet explorer too. Anyway, if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by unknownhombre Add unknownhombre to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Oct-2003 at 13:15)

i cant help u but i get the problem sometimes aswell especially with my msn...its not to bad coz i have cable so i just go straight back to where i was...soz

When the time comes my armies will rise, there'll be no escaping your inevitable demise
View Public Profile Find more posts by AnGeLs PrAyEr Add AnGeLs PrAyEr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as LusoSkav)
(07-Oct-2003 at 16:52)

yeah, that hepens to me a lot too, it sucks really, in my case, i know its because my comp sucks and its full of useless crap... but i dont really know about your case...

I'll stop thinking with my dick when you stop fucking with my head.
View Public Profile Visit Luso Skav's homepage Find more posts by Luso Skav Add Luso Skav to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Oct-2003 at 17:39)

I have had that problem on my old computer and I've had that problem on my friend's computer. This one hasn't done that, not that I can remember. I think it's just a blacklash of system instability. My old computer was a HPiece of shit, and my friend's computer is an E-Machine (need I say more). What are you running off of? Some machines are just built badly, so badly that it actually causes instabilities in the OS.

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Oct-2003 at 18:50)
Yeah, mine's an HP too. I'm using Windows XP if that's what you meant.

Should I switch my browser to netscape?
View Public Profile Find more posts by unknownhombre Add unknownhombre to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Oct-2003 at 19:08)

I don't think it will matter, HP machines tend to have physical things wrong with them, which slowly corrupt your OS. Eventually, your OS itself will crash, which is a fun thing to have happen. Your first hints that the OS is getting corrupted will be things that are a part of the OS looking funny. For instance, right before mine crashed, all of the arrows on my start menu started growing horns.

If your OS crashes like that, you lose everything. That's why HP's suck.

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Oct-2003 at 14:17)
i think it's fixed now. i just got netscape instead of internet explorer, it's faster and works better anyway.
thanks guys.
Donated $12.00
(08-Oct-2003 at 22:17)

THE sultion

First of all:

If you are running windows, anything can crash anytime. So don't worry, its just the windows thats fucked up.

Reinstalling IE might help.

IF you want a new browser, I strongly recommend FIREBIRD. Its almost the same as netscape, exepct its compitable with more pages. I have great experience with browser, since I tested all the major ones. Opera, Netscape, IE and Firebird. Firebird is my favorite, plus its not as easy to get spyware and it block popups by itself!

IF you think you have a virus, you can download Antivir free

IE = internet explorer

-------------------------------
Lets face it - Im Evil
View Public Profile Find more posts by Moonbow Add Moonbow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Oct-2003 at 03:54)
thanks. maybe i'll try firebird too.
(Posted as idavid)
(09-Oct-2003 at 04:22)

Quote:
(Originally posted by unknownhombre)

i think it's fixed now. i just got netscape instead of internet explorer, it's faster and works better anyway.
thanks guys.
Just so you know, Netscape is incompatible with a lot of pages, and has worse security than IE. Bottom line: Internet Explorer is better, so it might be best to spend some time working on the problem before before switching to an inferior browser
View Public Profile Find more posts by 111010101110110 Add 111010101110110 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(09-Oct-2003 at 04:23)

Netscape has its good side.

Not that I use it.

If you see the light at the end of the tunnel, then you passed the test.
View Public Profile Visit Cloud Strife's homepage Find more posts by Cloud Strife Add Cloud Strife to your Buddy List Reply with Quote