Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(09-Oct-2003 at 02:52)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Angry Beaver X)
Correction: if you are going by the bible story of creation remember it is an ALLEGORY, which means it stands for something it is not. It SYMBOLIZES the creation of the world and everything in it.
Correction: Some people believe that the creation story is an allegory, most don't.

"To sit alone with my conscience will be judgment enough for me."
-Charles William Stubbs
"'Faith' means not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheTitan Add TheTitan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(09-Oct-2003 at 03:27)

The proportions are arguable.

But let's face it.

All who believe a voice echoed through the cosmos "Let there be light." and it was so, raise your hand....

If you see the light at the end of the tunnel, then you passed the test.
View Public Profile Visit Cloud Strife's homepage Find more posts by Cloud Strife Add Cloud Strife to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Dannoman of X)
(09-Oct-2003 at 10:43)
*raises hand*
yeah i'm here and yes i believe that Genesis 1 to 11 is actually...wait for it... non fiction. yes thats right people, its true, its what really happened. its not just some story made up to prove a point or anything as some think. thats my opinion and belief.
pm me if you want to know more about creation etc (that is if you're genuinly interested, not just trying to be a smart alec) and uh no flames please
View Public Profile Find more posts by Isouttahere Add Isouttahere to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.04
(09-Oct-2003 at 11:24)
Quote:
Correction: Some people believe that the creation story is an allegory, most don't.
I believe the current pope believes the creation story to be a allegory, and he is infallible right?

Last edited by Starfriend, 09-Oct-2003 at 13:41.
Edit reason: fixed the quote
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kazac Add Kazac to your Buddy List Reply with Quote